The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from Gunsmith :you'll find said people are the ones who dont realise there 5 year old dell cant do max settings.

My PC nearly meets the "recommended" specs and I still get crappy frame rates when there are a few cars on screen. Performance is pretty shitty.
Getting a fatal error when starting the game, since i didnt update to wincrap xp sp3. Weird thing is systemrequirementslab told me i passed that one.
Quote from pipa :Getting a fatal error when i wanted to start the game, since i didnt update to wincrap xp sp3.

Well, update...
I also heard that the Ati cards like the 4870 have a very low performance.

That's sad. Stupid rockstar bitches wont ever do something good. Gta San Andreas atleast worked but it already sucked after 1 hour playing that "br0 h00d" game.
The game is running absolutely fine on my machine, and mine is also an 4870 ATI-machine... I'm even running it over the performance limit to - aside from a bit of lag updating the LOD especially when looking around absolutely no issues...

With all the various games and computers I had, only one game gave me constant issues and crashes: Fallout 3...

Onto the game: The attention to detail is incredible, Rockstar is in a league - no, world of their own! The controls are very thought out, I just can't define an axis? I couldn't bind my wheel to the car controls - quite an oversight imo...

It pains me a bit to say this, but GTA4 has a better driving surface than LfS, by quite some margin too...
Quote from bbman :It pains me a bit to say this, but GTA4 has a better driving surface than LfS, by quite some margin too...

And all these kids at gta4.net were complaining that driving would be too hard haha.
Quote from bbman :It pains me a bit to say this, but GTA4 has a better driving surface than LfS, by quite some margin too...

=The road surface isn't glass smooth?
Have been playing for some time and have to say it is great. Just all that social club, games for windows was terribly annyoing, but worth it.
Quote from pipa :Have been playing for some time and have to say it is great.

I know I say this about every game that has come out recently but so far I think it's shit.

In my defence, all the games that have come out lately have been shit.
This game seems to be an epic fail for Rockstar... People can't run it on 4870s??? Simply ridiculous...
Quote from Hyperactive :=The road surface isn't glass smooth?

Definitely not... Apart from crowned and uncrowned streets, both with many camber changes troughout a street, there are manhole covers, big pot holes with or without sheet metal ( ) cover over them and the occasional grid you're driving on/over...

The grip is also reduced when the streets are wet, making some of those high-powered cars quite tricky to drive...
Quote from Töki (HUN) :This game seems to be an epic fail for Rockstar... People can't run it on 4870s??? Simply ridiculous...

i agree. I also heard there is no AA option? is that true? doubthing wether to buy it or not. or first "try" it.
No, theres some built in settings that dosen't allow AA. And it cannot be forced either.
Quote from EmilO :No, theres some built in settings that dosen't allow AA. And it cannot be forced either.

I recall a similar issue with Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

Pretty stupid, really.
Quote from MAGGOT :I recall a similar issue with Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

Pretty stupid, really.

Iirc that was non-AA because it used some strange voxel-graphics system, the AA wasn't really disallowed, more like not possible
I knew it wouldnt go that well, so after some hours of playing without any problems and decent fps gta 4 crashed.

After the crash i started the game again and encountered the fatal error "MMA10". To fix it you need logout of Rockstar Social club and the game finally started again.

Still after about 30mins of playing the game crashed and send me back to desktop. That happened 3 times now.
And no graphic card(8800 ultra OC) was not getting too hot, its stayed nicely below 75°C.

Anybody else getting this?
Wait, so AA can't even be forced from Nvidia profiler? Well that sucks...

BTW, see this, currently the 3rd most leeched file on TPB, nearly 66,000 leechers, with only 4,000 seeders! (Next PC game is NFS Undercover with 10,000, quite a difference...) Must be painfully slow for those without Gigabit connections
Attached images
tpb.jpg
So the conclusion is, GTA IV on PC is sh!t?
Quote from G!NhO :So the conclusion is, GTA IV on PC is sh!t?

No, Rockstar is shit.
Quote from G!NhO :So the conclusion is, GTA IV on PC is sh!t?

If it runs its awesome
Quote from pipa :If it runs its awesome

well i guess ill play it on my PS3 then....
I understand they want to protect their product as much as possible, but all that games for windows, securom, drms, service packs and other crap stuff... also problems with online activation, social club, some graphic cards... well, i am not interested in forced instalation of service pack 3, wondering how much crap I will install to my pc, if I'll buy this game and still not sure if I will have a good experience with this game at all...
Oh and it forgets your keyboard control customisations when you exit the game.
Quote from pipa :Does not.

Does so.

It also required me to log in to Gays for Windows just to load my save game.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG