The online racing simulator
Quote from Anzeee :Greetings,

I ordered my G25 and i am expecting it in one or two days. I readen few sites of this topic and i saw there's some "revision 101", what is updated version or something like that. Well i am pretty confused about it becouse i cant find any "revision 101" on any Slovenian site, where G25 is selling.
Can anyone please explain that thing and tell me other things, for which i need to care, when i will be G25 owner. I saw there're problems with shifter, but i ordered my G25 from site, where is 24 months of guaranty, so i dont afraid for it.
I was pretty confused about settings in Logitech profiler and LFS too, becouse i was in afraid, for difference between GTR's, formulas and normal road cars, but i found some settings:

540° in Logitech profiler.

720° in LFS.

Wheel turn compensation 1 in LFS.

I will be realy glad for any screenshots and stuff.

Thanks !

If you want realistic turning, just use 720 degrees in both profiler and LFS, and wheel turn compensation 1. Then it will adjust automatically ( so GTRs will have 540 degrees, road cars will have 720 etc)
Thanks for both answers.
Than i will set 720° in LFS and Logitech profiler. And what about other things, i need to care about? And i am still wondering about "revision 101" (updated Logitech G25 if i took it correct).
What settings for FF are best in LFS and Logitech profiler, for as much realistic driving as possible?
Thanks for all answers!
Quote from Anzeee :Thanks for both answers.
Than i will set 720° in LFS and Logitech profiler. And what about other things, i need to care about? And i am still wondering about "revision 101" (updated Logitech G25 if i took it correct).
What settings for FF are best in LFS and Logitech profiler, for as much realistic driving as possible?
Thanks for all answers!

i use 100 in profiler, and 25 to 50 in lfs depending on the car/track and my mood
Thank you, but i still didnt got answer, what is "revision 101" . Maybe i am silly, but i am realy wondering, is it updated version of G25? And are there any special thing that i need to care about with G25? And does it work on Windows Vista Ultimate?
Mjeah, well my g25 pedals dont work at all anymore.. I suspect its the wire (its been curling since day 1 ) first i had no brake pedal, and now the pedal set doesn't respond at all :/ also Wierd thing is, the button on my wheel (which i dont use anymore at all) is repeatedly stuck, and unstuck o_0
Warranty is 2years ;p.. anyhow, it is another country >< Contacted logitech support via email... but yeah... but they solved my question, because i hadnt updated it in a week... ;p i updated it now, but no response for almost 24h :>

How do I take pictures of the defective parts ? :P Visually = not broken...
Oh, i suppose there is no way, i can use my g25 wheel and pedals from formula force gp together ?
Quote from Anzeee :Thank you, but i still didnt got answer, what is "revision 101" . Maybe i am silly, but i am realy wondering, is it updated version of G25? And are there any special thing that i need to care about with G25? And does it work on Windows Vista Ultimate?

"Revision 101" is the updated g25. Its like any other g25 except for some "minor" fixups.
Which are..? Is there a changelog somewhere?
Ok, i hope i'll take revision 101 tomorow when G25 come than.

What about Windows Vista Ultimate? I heard that some people have troubles .

And i am realy suprised that, G25 making so many troubles to some people. I am expecting fully working wheel, what wont broke in first use .
havent got any problems with mine yet
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Which are..? Is there a changelog somewhere?

Shifter more stiffer and silent.
Clutch pedal more stiffer
and some others which I can't name right now
Quote from Anzeee :
What about Windows Vista Ultimate? I heard that some people have troubles .

The one thing I know that can happen with Vista and the G25 profiler is a problem with admin permissions. Basically, either games won't open or the FFB wil be nonexistent when launching from the profiler. Solution is to run both the profiler and the game as an admin. XP's equivalent would probably be setting both to 'Full Control' for the account you run them with, not sure about Vista.
Wohoo my G25 arrived. In my first half an hour of using i am totaly positive amazed . Realy nice feeling. I didnt had any problem becouse i have Vista, i just needed to unplug and inplug USB connector first time for detection. I cant hear any clicking sound on shifter, becouse i saw some YouTube videos and clicking there was realy noise. Maybe i dont hear becouse i am not using it long time now or it's Revision 101 (i'll check documents later, now is LFS time ).

Edit: Yes it's Revision 101. Under P/N on CD case its "Rev. 101" writing.
Seeing as my G25 (which is what - 1 or 2 years old now?) was Rev 101 i'm not suprised you got one.

Where did you get the "changelog" info from? I've never seen anything direct from Logitech about it...
Quote from ImportFantasy :Shifter more stiffer and silent.
Clutch pedal more stiffer
and some others which I can't name right now

Useful changes then. I had a feeling the original retail shifter was a bit flimsy.
After few hours of using G25 i am positive suprised. It's better than i expected. As i told, shifter is silent, but it giving feeling that it's easy to broke. I know it wont broke that fast if you dont realy kick it with full force, but first feeling i took, was that i'll broke shifter fast . But i like it, becouse it's realy silent.
Maybe i'll ask something dumb, but i'll do it anyway . Do i need to turn Logitech profiler or something else off, when i am doing other stuff on computer or just spectating in-game? It's getting warm when i am using it, so i am wondering if it's good to turn profiler or anything else off when i am spectating in-game (i mean spectating for longer time, no little playing and little spectating) or doing other stuff on computer. Or profiler can run all the time when computer is on, anyway if i dont use wheel?
Well I never unplug mine or turn off profiler unless I'm done racing for the day. I can't see why it should be getting warm just by standing there.. the AC adapter is external, and that's where the heat is. Plus, if you unplug it while in LFS you might loose your calibration. (at least I do)

Good to hear you like your wheel!
Thanks for answer gnomie. I am acctualy asking, becouse i afraid that if i turn off profiler or something else, that this is not good for wheel or that it will re-calibrate and stuff. Maybe i am just little to excited, but better to ask, than to pay with not working wheel, for it .
I will leave profiler on all the time than.
BTW gnomie, i hope i understanded you well... If wheel is standing (spectating in-game and stuff, while i am not using it (turning wheel, switching gears, pushing on pedals)) it dont getting warm, what mean that there's no problem if profiler and other things are turned on? So only using wheel is getting it warm, or profiler or LFS doing it ?
Again, sorry for dumb questions, i just want to be sure, that i am doing things correct .
Quote from Anzeee :
BTW gnomie, i hope i understanded you well... If wheel is standing (spectating in-game and stuff, while i am not using it (turning wheel, switching gears, pushing on pedals)) it dont getting warm, what mean that there's no problem if profiler and other things are turned on?

Yes, that's right. The only thing that makes it warm is the FFB motors working. And that only happens when you're driving.
Thanks. BTW i heard that any car crashes are not good for wheel, is that right ? Sometimes some people drive like retards and they crash you with high speed.
And one more thing... Do i need to play sometime with wheel, before i attempt to drift and stuff (where wheel is under high stress), becouse it's new? I mean that i use wheel for easy cruising for some days, before i attempt to drift and stuff.
The wheel is not under any more stress while drifting, and if it is, not considerably so. It may be possible to damage the wheel in hard collisions if you have the FFB really, really high. I wouldn't worry about it though.
will the FFB be weaker if you have higher degrees of rotation?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :The wheel is not under any more stress while drifting, and if it is, not considerably so. It may be possible to damage the wheel in hard collisions if you have the FFB really, really high. I wouldn't worry about it though.

Ok, thank you. I meaned about doing easy with wheel for first few days, when it's new.
I have FFB settings pretty low, so i dont think crashes will damage it than.

Profiler

LFS
FF = 45
Quote from Anzeee :Ok, thank you. I meaned about doing easy with wheel for first few days, when it's new.
I have FFB settings pretty low, so i dont think crashes will damage it than.

Profiler

LFS
FF = 45

dude dont worry about breaking it lol
I am asking becouse it's kinda scarry, when i normal driving on straight lane, than some idiot come directly into me from nowhere with 200km/h . But if it cant broke with that FF settings i wont worry about it anymore . Thanks for replays.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG