The online racing simulator
Best thing to Buy for £10?
(194 posts, started )
#51 - DeKo
could scrape a night out on a tenner, 3 pills and 4 pints (pound a drink in town).
A hundred 10p mixups!

Or, 1485 Yen.
1000 pennys?
break a tenner into 1ps and 2ps and go buy stuff with them
Quote from mookie427 :break a tenner into 1ps and 2ps and go buy stuff with them

And you will really piss off the shop keepers.
Actually i dont know what i would buy...
Quote from sam93 :Cannabis seeds. A pack costs 70p and if a good number of leaves and so on are grown from them you will have thousands the time it is all sold.

Then you have the hydroponics, lighting, ventilation and then leccy bills, you'll see it'll cost more like 300 a cake and not a tenner.

and those 70p seeds will be bush weed, so you might aswell roll some tetleys up.
Quote from Rdcranno :tetleys up.

I been so desperate before back when I was an addict but I never went that far, typhoo maybe, but not tetleys...
Quote from bmwe30m3 :And you will really piss off the shop keepers.
Actually i dont know what i would buy...

thats the plan they can't refuse it because it is legal tender

although I think most businesses have a max price you can buy stuff with 1ps 2ps and 5ps, think it's around the £3 mark
Quote from mookie427 :thats the plan they can't refuse it because it is legal tender

although I think most businesses have a max price you can buy stuff with 1ps 2ps and 5ps, think it's around the £3 mark

Wrong. Its normally at the sale assistants discretion, I've never seen this written into any policy, and I run a convenience shop which is part of the biggest chain in the UK. If someone walked in with a tenner of pennies I think I'd just get the weighing scales out and watch their smug "haha" grin drop

On Topic: A spare tenner in the fuel tank would be nice, just to go for a drive, for the hell of it.
-
(Rdcranno) DELETED by Rdcranno
Quote from Rtsbasic :If someone walked in with a tenner of pennies I think I'd just get the weighing scales out and watch their smug "haha" grin drop

I'd say 'Are you going to pick all them up now?' and refuse to serve them.

They can spend 10 minutes picking them up and leave, or just leave, netting you a free tenner.
#61 - MR_B
260miles worth of fuel for my bike.
Quote from sam93 :I would most likely spend £10 of car mags or if out fags.

Quote from sam93 :I hardly smoke. One now and again.

I wouldn´t call anyone who spends £10 on smokes when he´s out a "hardly-smoker". I don´t know how much cigarettes cost in UK but around here you could get 5-10 packs depending on which one´s you go for. 20 cigs in a pack, 5 packs, 100 cigarettes. Nicotine poisoning ahoy. Actually if you think about it. Smoking a fag takes, lets say on average about 5 minutes. That´s 12 an hour. To go through a 100 you´d need to be smoking the whole day.
wtf? 5 - 10packs

20 Lambert and butler costs about £6 here. so you'll get 30 cigs and a clipper out of ya tenner!
a nitrous Bottle for my go kart :hide: , got it for 11.99 €
Woah...

Marlboro, Kent, Philip Morris are the most expensive commonly smoked cigs and they cost £2. I smoke L&M which is about £1,5. There are cheaper one´s too but they taste funky. And the price recently went up. Before that they were half a pound cheaper.

So what do you do when someone bums you for fags? Tell them to piss off?
Quote from Kalev EST :So what do you do when someone bums you for fags?

The Americans here are going to love that expression
We were bumming fags long before the yanks turned up

Don't even mention fanny packs, mind you ...
out of all the things I bought in my life - I'd say a wrong pricetag in the right place is the key.Got me Orange Box DVD for 9,99
Quote from Kalev EST :I wouldn´t call anyone who spends £10 on smokes when he´s out a "hardly-smoker". I don´t know how much cigarettes cost in UK but around here you could get 5-10 packs depending on which one´s you go for. 20 cigs in a pack, 5 packs, 100 cigarettes. Nicotine poisoning ahoy. Actually if you think about it. Smoking a fag takes, lets say on average about 5 minutes. That´s 12 an hour. To go through a 100 you´d need to be smoking the whole day.

I see you're from Estonia, neighbor. I would imagine cigarettes being a lot more expensive on UK and in other countries too, than they're in EST.
We Finns like to take tours to your country to buy lots of cheap alcohol and cigarettes.

I don't smoke tho, but I have visited your country with ship and had lots of vodka with me when I got back.

If I could be on EST now, I would maybe spend the tenner to vodka or other spirits.
The last time I had a look at the price of fags in a shop, a pack of 10 (decent brand) was something like £3 odd and a pack of 20 over £5. Cant believe the price of 50g GV, nearly £10. Cheaper to buy it off people, or just do a baccy run.

Quote :I would maybe spend the tenner to vodka or other spirits.

No, a few bottles of Magners, that stuff is lovely. A lot better then Bulmers, which imo is horrible. Or I would get a bottle of Magners and a few cans of Carlsberg export.
Quote from MR_B :260miles worth of fuel for my bike.

Wow, what bike do you have that will do that for a tenner? Say petrol is 99.9 (super unleaded), I'd get 10 liters, which depending on how/where I ride is between 70 and 90 miles. :sadbanana

Edit : Sam, bit young to drink aren't ya?:X
Quote from sam93 :The last time I had a look at the price of fags in a shop, a pack of 10 (decent brand) was something like £3 odd and a pack of 20 over £5. Cant believe the price of 50g GV, nearly £10. Cheaper to buy it off people, or just do a baccy run.

No, a few bottles of Magners, that stuff is lovely. A lot better then Bulmers, which imo is horrible. Or I would get a bottle of Magners and a few cans of Carlsberg export.

Nah, vodka, cognac/brandy etc. FTW.
Quote from sam93 :No, a few bottles of Magners, that stuff is lovely. A lot better then Bulmers, which imo is horrible.

You realise that they are exactly the same thing? It's known in Ireland as Bulmers and everywhere else as Magners. No difference in the actual product whatsoever though...

For a tenner I'd get myself an old-ish PC game, got Far Cry a couple of weeks ago for €5, chuffed with that
I just stumbled upon Dealextreme.com. An online shop, full of cheap Chinese rubbish, probably. There's plenty of stuff to be found for less than 10 quid. Example.
#75 - Jakg
Quote from mookie427 :

Law says that you only need to accept 20p in coppers.

Legal Tender only means you can use it to pay off DEBT. Not neccessarily buy stuff in shops.

EDIT - You *just* found DX? Dude they've been around ages and pwn - spent well over £100 there so far (with my eBay business thingy).

Best thing to Buy for £10?
(194 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG