The online racing simulator
Quote from sam93 :How? He didn't exactly do anything special did he. Driver of the day for me is Hamilton as he didn't make one mistake and has been quick all weekend and just drove brilliantly.

Note: I haven't said this just because I am a Hamilton fan

Well I watched the race twice, Hamilton just got the job done and didn't make any mistakes, he didn't put in a special performance. Alonso had to battle for position early on, and had to push for most of the race to keep ahead of a faster car.
Quote from sam93 :It would be weird to see Ferrari's down the grid, wouldn't it.

not really when you think about it, how many drivers championships did they win between 1979 and 2000 ?

don't think mass'a engineer will help his confidence with what he said about why the mclaren was faster than the ferrari

on the lines of " was the car faster or the driver ?"
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well I watched the race twice, Hamilton just got the job done and didn't make any mistakes, he didn't put in a special performance. Alonso had to battle for position early on, and had to push for most of the race to keep ahead of a faster car.

Ok fair point but, the battle between Alonso and Heikki was good but look at it this way, who would of came out in front if it was Hamilton and Alonso, I say this because HK and LH is in the same car but look at the difference in how fast LH is in the Mclaren and how fast HK is in the Mclaren, there is a big difference. LH is a lot quicker in the Mclaren then HK.
Quote from tinvek :don't think mass'a engineer will help his confidence with what he said about why the mclaren was faster than the ferrari

on the lines of " was the car faster or the driver ?"

I also read the article, what he said about Hamilton may be the fastest deffently wont help Massa's confidence.
Quote :but you also have to say is the McLaren the fastest car, or is Lewis just the quickest driver?

Sorry about double post.
Quote from sam93 :Are you saying Lewis is in the fastest car or are you saying Alonso is the fastest driver.

Probably both. haha

Quote from sam93 :I also read the article, what he said about Hamilton may be the fastest deffently wont help Massa's confidence.

Sorry about double post.

That's true, but Hamilton is just driving the Mclaren how it should be driven (this race), HK is just.. uhhmm.. ?
Ferrari seems to be crumbling after the exit of Jean Todt and Micheal Schumacher anyway (or well, their change of function) and the only thing stopping them from freefalling is their tight connection to the FIA.
It seems likely to me that in the next 10 years the strength of Ferrari will vaporise until we're left with an underdog team with top drivers (and top salaries) much like Renault/Alonso right now.

We'll see though, as nothing is sure. It just appears to me that Massa and Raikkonen are not terribly good team-builders like Alonso and (to a lesser extent, afaik) Hamilton.
I really liked when the first thing mr Allen did at the start of the broadcast was to compare Haemitlon to Shcmuhacher.

Still, top performance from Haemitlon, Kimi couldn't even challenge him with a faster car and Masaa's drive was just driving. I really hope Masaa wins the next race, just because he has had so much bad luck this year. Or maybe Kovalainen winnig the race, although to be honest I'd pay anything to get Veltlet or Robserg into that other Macca for the next year

As for Veltlet going for RBR next year is the biggest fail since Robserg went to Williams. They are just destroying their careers imho. Just like Buttocks have done.

The race was boring though. We really need sprinklers for all races. Or snipers or something.
Quote from Hyperactive :As for Veltlet going for RBR next year is the biggest fail since Robserg went to Williams. They are just destroying their careers imho. Just like Buttocks have done.

why? they rund the same chassis and moseley want to give renault the opportunity to catch up in power... should practically be a tr with more money put into it next year

Quote :The race was boring though. We really need sprinklers for all races. Or snipers or something.

giant squids
Quote from Hyperactive :I really liked when the first thing mr Allen did at the start of the broadcast was to compare Haemitlon to Shcmuhacher.

Still, top performance from Haemitlon, Kimi couldn't even challenge him with a faster car and Masaa's drive was just driving. I really hope Masaa wins the next race, just because he has had so much bad luck this year. Or maybe Kovalainen winnig the race, although to be honest I'd pay anything to get Veltlet or Robserg into that other Macca for the next year

As for Veltlet going for RBR next year is the biggest fail since Robserg went to Williams. They are just destroying their careers imho. Just like Buttocks have done.

The race was boring though. We really need sprinklers for all races. Or snipers or something.

Is someone touchy about mis-spelling of Finnish driver names?

Hamilton did the job, Massa got the best result he could. No Kubi come back.
Shame LH doesn't have a team mate who is at all likely to be in a position to help him like Felipe does.
Rycannon will help Felipe without question, and probably other drivers will too. I was hoping for better from Covelining this year, but he's rarely been a contender, and I fear the worst for his F1 future in the long term. He'll probably arrive at the flag in an irrelevant 6th in Brazil.

LH certainly hasn't got it wrapped up.
Well there are a few rumours that say that Kovalalalalainen isn't happy with the team.
Well who would like to be Crashmelol's teammate?
Quote from sinbad :Is someone touchy about mis-spelling of Finnish driver names?

No, I just write them as I pronounce them
Quote from diablo21 :Well there are a few rumours that say that Kovalalalalainen isn't happy with the team.

That sounds like sour eggs to me, I meen, with McLaren you can be sure they are getting equal equipment. The problem Kaviollenien has got is that even if he was good nobody would be talking about him still because nobody can spell him name. As it stands he's the most underperforming driver to get a break in a good car since Jenson Button. I still think they should put de la Rossa back in the car.
Quote from diablo21 :Well there are a few rumours that say that Kovalalalalainen isn't happy with being second best.

Fixed for you.

Kov..etc is crap to be honest. He has the fastest car and still isn't challenging for anything apart from the area around 6th place.
He said they're not treating him right. It's a rumour but eh.. He is not at the level that a driver in a top team should be. Even Alonso in the renault has more points than him.
to be fair mclaren were pretty quick in confirming his drive for next year so they must think he has something to offer and are prepared to give him time to deliver (though at the moment if he was delivering pizza it would probably be cold when he did)
Quote from tinvek :to be fair mclaren were pretty quick in confirming his drive for next year so they must think he has something to offer and are prepared to give him time to deliver (though at the moment if he was delivering pizza it would probably be cold when he did)

lolz.
I dont get it though, if it was my team i'd drop him faster than the stock market can fall. Wouldnt you?
Quote from Hyperactive :I really hope Masaa wins the next race,

Me too. One of my favourite recent F1 moments was when he put it on pole at Interlagos in his first year with Ferrari and the crowd were going mental, then he got out of the car and he was wearing Brazilian flag overalls! That was very cool.
Quote from mcintyrej :Fixed for you.

Kov..etc is crap to be honest. He has the fastest car and still isn't challenging for anything apart from the area around 6th place.

Not entirely true either. Kovalainen has always had more fuel than Haemitlon in qualis and still he manages to get quite close to him. It's the raw race pace that Heikki is missing, to put one fast lap after another in race without ruining the tires. Kinda like it was with Häkkinen at the early of his career. After his first victory nothing could beat him, Kovalainen just needs to develop to get there. For his defense, he had a big accident this year and was all the time out of luck while having his fair share of mechanical problems with the car reliability. Not saying that there aren't drivers in worse cars who could have done better, although not many.
Quote from Hyperactive :Not entirely true either. Kovalainen has always had more fuel than Haemitlon in qualis and still he manages to get quite close to him. It's the raw race pace that Heikki is missing, to put one fast lap after another in race without ruining the tires. Kinda like it was with Häkkinen at the early of his career. After his first victory nothing could beat him, Kovalainen just needs to develop to get there. For his defense, he had a big accident this year and was all the time out of luck while having his fair share of mechanical problems with the car reliability. Not saying that there aren't drivers in worse cars who could have done better, although not many.

I agree, there is probably no more than about 5000 people in the whole world who could do a better job who currently race in single seaters.
I hope Renualt is good next year and Alonso stays with them.

It will be like 05 and 06 all over agian but this time he will have everyone supporting him
It would be SOOOO interesting to have Kubica and Alonso (with BMW & Renault) at the level of Mclaren and Ferrari. 4 Teams trying to win would be epic.

And the FIA stupidness going around would stop.
Quote from sam93 :Are you saying Lewis is in the fastest car or are you saying Alonso is the fastest driver.

I don't know about him but I think both of these things are true. And don't come with last year now.
Quote from JJ72 :
put hami in the renault and alonso in the mclaren...you'll see the difference.

well last year we had them both in the same car and there wasn't anything between them at the end of the season except the experienced driver threw his toys out of the pram because the rookie did as well as he did. alonso could have been in the mclaren this year but he needed hamilton to be told he's slower than alonso as it aparently he couldn't tell by the speed of the 2 drivers on the track.
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't know about him but I think both of these things are true.

I think Alonso's probably the better all-round driver. Remember though that Alonso won his championships by driving smart, not pushing for points he couldn't achieve, always aiming for the best position his car could get. Whereas Hamilton's biggest fault is that he tries to beat everybody at every race.

So yeah, if I ran an F1 team I'd probably want Alonso in the car because I'd consider him a safer bet, but I'd be frustrated when Hamilton kept beating him. And a bit disappointed that while I might have the smartest driver, I haven't got the most exciting one.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG