The online racing simulator
The end of the world
(393 posts, started )
Quote from mookie427 :I love how everyone here, in this thread and across the internets is ignoring the fact that no particles of any sort are going to be fired at each other until the 21st october

It has been mentioned before in this thread
If it they succeed that means they will create a tiny earth and universe. Then in theory they can carry out all their tests on the planets in the tiny universe to find other life forms. But surely the creation of a universe within a universe is what makes scientists fear it will create major shit.
*head assplosion* omg paradox!!!1!!!!!shiftoneeleven!
Quote from BlueFlame :If it they succeed that means they will create a tiny earth and universe. Then in theory they can carry out all their tests on the planets in the tiny universe to find other life forms. But surely the creation of a universe within a universe is what makes scientists fear it will create major shit.

They're making some spaghetti wobble in a different shape/frequency and in so doing shift it's dimension from light to matter, it's not about to make a whole universe, it's going to create the amount of matter equal to the amount of light they rammed down it.

Mind you if they're looking for anti-matter, does that meen they have to fire darkness down it? They may aswell, they split up after making two albums anyway. Hopeless I says, no use to anyone now except chat shows.
Quote from Jakg :Don't you love it when morons comment on things they don't understand.

Unfortunately it's the reason why democracy fails...

And the reason Internet forums thrive!
Quote from Becky Rose :They're not actually firing the particle that collides with it this week though are they? That's later this month. There's room for a Thursday yet !

True so i hear, all they are doing is switching the machine on, no particles are being added yet. I personally thing they should put a wasp in there, see how fast they can get it to go! On a slight off topic, there are soaring energy prices, oil is really expensive, everyones house is worth about 78 pence due to the credit crunch taking hold, half the world is worrying about the carbon footprint and saving global resources.... How the hell much energy are these scientists going to consume doing this experiment?? I hope they aren't on a meter!
Quote from danthebangerboy :How the hell much energy are these scientists going to consume doing this experiment?? I hope they aren't on a meter!

A bloody lot
Quote from danthebangerboy :True so i hear, all they are doing is switching the machine on, no particles are being added yet. I personally thing they should put a wasp in there, see how fast they can get it to go! On a slight off topic, there are soaring energy prices, oil is really expensive, everyones house is worth about 78 pence due to the credit crunch taking hold, half the world is worrying about the carbon footprint and saving global resources.... How the hell much energy are these scientists going to consume doing this experiment?? I hope they aren't on a meter!

You do realise that whilst one ice cap is indeed receeding, the other one is growing, and its probably related more to the Earths natural wobble pattern changing than CO emmissions in our atmosphere, but don't let them know I told you that ok, they needed another faith based system because of all the aethiests and environmentalism was the best they could come up with after pop stars had made it credible.
Quote from Jertje :If the world ends tomorrow I'll give each and every one of you €100,-

Deal?

that's unfair... the world is not going to end, is there another way we can get that money?
Quote from chanoman315 :that's unfair... the world is not going to end, is there another way we can get that money?

We could build the super large hadron collider and then end the world. Then we get €100

Do the scientists need some sort of "license to kill/smash stuff"? I can't imagine that just anybody can build a LHC in their shed/garden/secret underground lab (*hums dexter's laboratory theme tune. God that brings me back*) and risk world blackhole-ination
Quote from Becky Rose :You do realise that whilst one ice cap is indeed receeding, the other one is growing, and its probably related more to the Earths natural wobble pattern changing than CO emmissions in our atmosphere, but don't let them know I told you that ok, they needed another faith based system because of all the aethiests and environmentalism was the best they could come up with after pop stars had made it credible.

Very true, and the fact that earth has gone through many ice ages over the millions of years, as science has proven. I can't remember how long ago the last ice age was but i know that science wise it is not long ago so, surely the whole global warming thing could simply be the planet still coming out of the ice age and a natural progression in climate and weather??
at least Bin Laden would be happy, all the U.S. is going to die...
Quote from danthebangerboy :Very true, and the fact that earth has gone through many ice ages over the millions of years

the keyword here is ages
Quote from J@tko :A bloody lot

Actually this got me thinking. They're firing a proton down it right? That's like, a little incy bit of light. So what it is is a guy holding like a bicycle inner tube, cutting one end off and "firing" a torch down it from each end and waiting for the big bang to occur.

Thing is, they want a really small bit of light, like, just a wee bit, so it's a really crappy torch.

And the other thing is, how come it's only 99.9999% the speed of light, shouldn't it really be called a particle decellerator if they're firing light down it and expecting to loose a little speed?
They could race lab mice around it. Excellent fun until they actually collide. Then world blackhole-ination would begin. But as long as I could watch lab mice LHC racing on my looted 72", I wouldn't mind
Quote from danthebangerboy :Very true, and the fact that earth has gone through many ice ages over the millions of years, as science has proven. I can't remember how long ago the last ice age was but i know that science wise it is not long ago so, surely the whole global warming thing could simply be the planet still coming out of the ice age and a natural progression in climate and weather??

That is the thing, any scientist who says that gets muted by the Green Nazis. We only know a small amount about the weather and people are just assuming the world heating up is because of humans and some how we can cool it down again. The truth of the matter is it is the human ego, we might have helped speed up the process, but we can't stop it.
this thread will make half of the physicists visiting the forum slit their wrists while weeping uncontrollably and explode the other half's heads into tiny tiny bits of colorful confeti
Quote from Becky Rose :They're firing a proton down it right? That's like, a little incy bit of light.

...how come it's only 99.9999% the speed of light, shouldn't it really be called a particle decellerator if they're firing light down it and expecting to loose a little speed?

Proton: a tiny, positively charged, nuclear particle - like a hydrogen atom, without its electron (the charge on it, enables it to be accelerated and steered by magnetic fields)

Photon: a "particle" of light
Quote from David33 :Proton: a tiny, positively charged, nuclear particle - like a hydrogen atom, without its electron (the charge on it, enables it to be accelerated and steered by magnetic fields)

Photon: a "particle" of light

keep the dyslexics away from the machine ok, it could be really really bad. Like putting diesel into a petrol engine...

The end of the world
(393 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG