The online racing simulator
The end of the world
(393 posts, started )
Quote from Paranoid Android :Thank god...I've almost completed the last level of the Internetz...What would I do after?

Eject the cassette and play the other side.

You did know there was another side, right ?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N : if everyone was scared of progress we'd still be picking our bums and flicking it at people outside the cage.

Do you really think we have advanced very far from this?
well, they say the end of the worl will happen in 17.12.2011. the mayan religion says that, one other japanese religion says that and some crazy people from past say that. that date isnt the exact cos i dont remember the right day but its between 7-27. i dunno, well see at that date. and even sience tough that date. one computer program what kinda sees to future. it knew about tsunami and some other stuff. someone may belive this tough, if youre not sure check those stuff. and the program is called webbot, or spiderbot or smthing like that
Quote from Toddshooter :Do you really think we have advanced very far from this?

Well we use toilet roll now to clean up after a twosie rather than our fingers, some posh folks even fire a jet of water up their butts.
What the hell, we're all going do die! And i haven't yet had sex with Paris Hilton, i'm wasted.
The fact is Luke that you go to school, school kids take things way over the top and now your going to be crapping your pants over something that is NOT going to destroy the earth.

The particle collisions the LHC will carry out happen very frequently around out atmosphere and I can't help but think they happen on earth too. There won't be a black hole and we won't all die.
I've been waiting for the Johova's Witnesses to stop by and let me know when the next apocalypse was but they never showed, so thanks for the heads up. I must've lived through 500 world endings so far.

If it actually does go wrong this thime then I blame Steven Hawkins.
Quote from mcintyrej :The fact is Luke that you go to school, school kids take things way over the top and now your going to be crapping your pants over something that is NOT going to destroy the earth.

The particle collisions the LHC will carry out happen very frequently around out atmosphere and I can't help but think they happen on earth too. There won't be a black hole and we won't all die.

If we all die from the black hole i will say. I told you so :P
Quote from Luke.S :If we all die from the black hole i will say. I told you so :P

No you won't if we all die from the black hole then every atom that you are made of will just be converted into nothing. I mean nothing - you will be what space is made of.

Its not going to happen anyway, do you think that people clever enough to fire protons at the speed of light would even think of firing this if the world was going to end?
Quote from Becky Rose :I've been waiting for the Johova's Witnesses to stop by and let me know when the next apocalypse was but they never showed, so thanks for the heads up. I must've lived through 500 world endings so far.

Haha, the Jaohova's keep kicking my door down and when I told them I don't have a problem with gays doing what gays do they started ranting about how gays caused AIDS so I just said I am only alive because of blood transfusions and they looked at me like I farted on their corn flakes.
Even if a black hole is created at SERN, it will be so small that without computers it would be undetectable.
I think it's far more likely that every person with their "finger on the button" simultaneously goes insane and fires their nuclear weapons at their own houses.

It's a spectacularly unspectacular way to spend millions/billions of dollars though. The results will only mean anything to the white-coats in that particular field, I expect. They may just discover another particle and give it a name, and then make appearances on morning news programs about what a breakthrough it is, and how they can't wait till they've built an even bigger machine to test something similarly minute.

Good program on iPlayer bbc 4 for the Brits, super-smug presenter though
Bring it on I say.

Pushing the envelope is what mankind is about, no one stopped mankind developing the atom bomb etc etc, and that was purely for destruction.
Quote from JO53PHS :Haha you fail

Nub.

:doh:

We even kinda had a physics lesson on it today!!!

Epic fail

/epic facepalm from my teacher
#41 - Migz
Everyone at school has been saying this too. The world shall end Wednesday! Although i thought it was tomorrow :/ Whoopsy.

Its funny how its mainly kids who think the world is going to end
Hey, who of you is willing to join my BBQ party in hell on wednesday??? I already spoke to some people of my school, who're going to join me with this... too bad one of my best friends won't join us she's just an angle, so she'll be in heaven. (I've meat and vegitarian things )

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BXzugu39pKM
this is what we're going to expect

To be serious... I'm abit scared, although I hope, CERN will fail in destroying the sun system more then Jo53phs ever did in LFS Mathematically: these two particles will have the energy of two Thrust SSCs driving with maximum speed and chrash nose into nose... only difference: the energy will be in one point in CERN.

... so again, who wanna join my party?
Quote from danowat :Bring it on I say.

Pushing the envelope is what mankind is about, no one stopped mankind developing the atom bomb etc etc, and that was purely for destruction.

At least the atom bomb had a purpose, this is just "let's see what happens"

Actually I tend to agree, but there's always that voice which asks, "isn't there something we (as humans) could spend that money/time on which will actually make a difference to the people who live here?".
Only Luke would come with something like this!
Quote from danowat :Bring it on I say.

But if this works it'll mean that all religion is based on BS as such a multi-trillion pound business will end over night.

The A-Bomb just killed people.
Quote from sinbad :At least the atom bomb had a purpose, this is just "let's see what happens"

It does have a purpose, it will (hopefully) shed some light on the creation of the universe, thats a hell of a thing to understand, and the ramifications of that are mindblowing.
My views on this are,

If this matey who is planning to do this, doesnt know what could happen, even though there has been speculation of it causing some differences to the earth, then surely enough, he shouldnt do it.

To be hounest, what twat would really want to do something which could possibly lead to a complete and epic fail.
Quote from Becky Rose :I've been waiting for the Johova's Witnesses to stop by and let me know when the next apocalypse was but they never showed, so thanks for the heads up. I must've lived through 500 world endings so far.

Quote from RacerAsh3 :My views on this are,

If this matey who is planning to do this, doesnt know what could happen, even though there has been speculation of it causing some differences to the earth, then surely enough, he shouldnt do it.

To be hounest, what twat would really want to do something which could possibly lead to a complete and epic fail.

Well it is kinda scary, cause the main geeks there said themeselves: "We actually can't say exactly what will happen until we actually turn it on full power for the first time"
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well it is kinda scary, cause the main geeks there said themeselves: "We actually can't say exactly what will happen until we actually turn it on full power for the first time"

But that just makes the whole thing even more exciting. I can't wait for it to get fired up just to see if the world does ingest itself or not.

The end of the world
(393 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG