The online racing simulator
A Better Demo (Please)
(183 posts, started )
Quote from woodymcruk :hey welcome to the site
full of self opinionated a**eholes

You're a full of self opinionated a**hole if you can't understand that people might have ideas that differ from yours )
If the graphs are changed, please keep the less good looking options available. Not everyone have dual core 3ghz 4gb memory kick arse computers.
Quote from LiveForBoobs :You can also tell [your parents] that instead of buying drugs and alchohol with the money you have, you're a responsible kid and instead you're planning to spend it on a usefull skill for life, and that you can then enroll on championships or just relax, and that you'll even let ur dad play it sometimes, if he promises not to wreck.

I did the same thing with my parents, first with a computer, then with internet, then with games and it worked xP

GL

I tried that trick when I was 16; said I'd just go and buy weed if they didn't buy me a SNES. Didn't work - they took ALL my money away But that forced me to learn to grow my own, and you know what they say about teaching a man to fish ...
im buying s2 next week and why dont you secretly buy it if its your cash?
:doh:
Uh-oh, he's awoken the sleeping Hank. And Hank's grumpy in the mornings.

Speaking of which, I should be asleep.
He woke the squid (annoying), who woke me (very annoying), which made me double grumpy.

Get back to bed Kev, you need your beauty sleep.
so, how did you manage to get your S2 license then? jedi mind trick? i've just read the whole thread. twas a good read (for a change) and i would like to know how you got the result you were looking for.........good luck on s2. hope to kick your ass on CTRA Race1 some time
............Still going............
Quote from dadge :so, how did you manage to get your S2 license then? jedi mind trick? i've just read the whole thread. twas a good read (for a change) and i would like to know how you got the result you were looking for.........good luck on s2. hope to kick your ass on CTRA Race1 some time

Yes, I am secretly flying out every night to battle in space. I used my spare time for LFS.

No, my bro's birthday was coming up, and he is pretty easy to convince. Say, "You can play for some time too". That helped. And he already wanted a wheel for his PS2 and NFS:U2. He doesn't play that game as much now a days. Funny, always begging me to play LFS?!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, yeah, just wanted to answer the question and ask: The thread is still going? You know, I got the point (a few months ago) and got LFS, soooooooo......

Thanks
maybe pm a mod.
Quote from shashdev :BTW, I have to money to buy the license. My parents just won't let me spend $47 on a game. They say I would just be wasting my money. Looks like I will be in the demo for some time.

If you look at some at peoples 'Join Date' under their user name, you'll see that a few of us have had this gave for quite some time - in some cases a number of years. I've mysef have been with LFS since 2006.

Even though we've had the game for a while, we're still starting and replying to forum threads, so that shows that this isn't your normal "game" that you buy, play for few hours, then put it away when you're finished.

There's a lot of playing 'life' in LFS. So it is worth the money.

I spent months on single player trying to get quicker before going multiplayer (and finding I was still way tooooo slow!). Then, as a thank you for all the free multiplayer races I was in, got a server (Sin'rs - Sinanju's racing server). Now I pay for a server that I hardly use as I predominantly do hot lapping now.

I would suggest that you do get the licence (some well off relative's bound to give you money for a birthday or xmas). Your parents won't be as bothered what you spent 'their' money on.

Problem will be that once you're got a licence, you'll spend so much time on LFS, your parents will then start complaining you're spending far too much time on your computer. But that's parents for you.

Luckily, I'm old enough that it's my kids that complain I spend too much time on the computer! As does my wife. And the dog's not too happy either, as I no longer take her long walks. On the plus side, I don't watch much tv (few hours a week on average, and only to see F1 Grand Prix - what's plural of Prix?), and computer is more interactive than tv too!
@sinanju:
Quote from OP :Anyway, yeah, just wanted to answer the question and ask: The thread is still going? You know, I got the point (a few months ago) and got LFS, soooooooo......

It's over, you know...

Quote from sinanju :only to see F1 Grand Prix - what's plural of Prix?

There isn't one, the plural of Grand Prix is denoted only by the adjective Grand gaining an 's' - so we get Grands Prix

Literally translatable as "bigs prize", but there you go. Come to think of it, given the way F1 is going these days, the alternative meaning of prix - price - is perhaps becoming more appropriate: Formula One Big Prices

Sam
Actually, this is the reason why the developers took out the xrt frome the demo. Because, it offered too much for the demo racers, imagine if they could get a taste of the other cars you mentioned, they wouldnt buy the demo, they would be happy with cars they have. Sorry but i dont think it is a good idea.
and what does adding a single seater add to the demo? lfs from a demo point of view has to be the most complete demo on the planet. there is no time restriction, you have a FWD tin top. you have a RWD tin top and now you have a compition single seater.
all the soccer demos only let you have a choice of 2 teams and only lets you play on 10 min match.
most mmorpg's only give you 30 mins of restricted access.
Quote from Zen321 :You're a full of self opinionated a**hole if you can't understand that people might have ideas that differ from yours )

its because of this sort of attitude,that i dont bother to much with the forum,agreed the game has got better but its falling even further down my list of online games i must play,

look at a site like globalalien.com (of which im a member),see how polite everyone is!! ,we are like brothers ,im not sure why but this forum seems to have a nasty group of users
if you dont like "my" opinion fine ...
im above getting irratated with you goodbye...
Quote from Dark Elite :@sinanju:
It's over, you know...

There isn't one, the plural of Grand Prix is denoted only by the adjective Grand gaining an 's' - so we get Grands Prix

Literally translatable as "bigs prize", but there you go. Come to think of it, given the way F1 is going these days, the alternative meaning of prix - price - is perhaps becoming more appropriate: Formula One Big Prices

Sam

hmmf..,my misses said its grand pricks
Actually some of the demo-guys out there missed the point of being a demo-racer and wants better stuff for them... Better stuff are for LICENSED people who really paid what they should. If you don't feel like paying, stick with demo and stop the crap or don't play it at all... It's there or it's not...

Improvements to demo? I can't think of more things than to say, you have no say... Unless it's a useful suggestion or a big improvement to the game engine, I think the devs might award you with S2/S3 licenses XD
^ very good. the demoers should be glad they get texture, track, and program updates too. but they should be glad its not a Rfactor 60min. demo.
ya but its very simple to get the Rfactor full version with out the time limit becuase i cracked it just to try it but i didn't keep it becuase i couldn't use the mouse to steer so i got rid of it and it took to much space in the computer
Quote from swisscosmo :ya but its very simple to get the Rfactor full version with out the time limit becuase i cracked it just to try it but i didn't keep it becuase i couldn't use the mouse to steer so i got rid of it and it took to much space in the computer

FBI on their way to your house now!
Quote from hiroshima guy :... Better stuff are for LICENSED people who really paid what they should...

Actually "better stuff" (whatever that means) is for the whole LFS-community. Demo-users are part of it, period. Even if some "better stuff" isn´t included in the uptodate demo! :shhh:
Quote from woodymcruk :its because of this sort of attitude,that i dont bother to much with the forum,agreed the game has got better but its falling even further down my list of online games i must play,

look at a site like globalalien.com (of which im a member),see how polite everyone is!! ,we are like brothers ,im not sure why but this forum seems to have a nasty group of users
if you dont like "my" opinion fine ...
im above getting irratated with you goodbye...

Firstly, well done you numpty. You bumped a nearly 3 month old thread to post your stupid and flamebaiting post(s). Really, good going.

This thread was dead in the pages of history.
At least he used search...
Quote from ColeusRattus :At least he used search...

It's ****ing lose-lose.. you search you get cursed out for bumping an old thread... you make a new thread, you get told to search. Why do people bother, and why don't we set a consistent rule, rather than being random ****ers who can't make up our minds?

A Better Demo (Please)
(183 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG