The online racing simulator
A Better Demo (Please)
(183 posts, started )
If you don't have the money to buy LFS - and, $3000 or no $3000, if you're not allowed to spend it on what you want then it is not your money - the simple solution is to do extra work specifically with the intent of buying LFS.

Oh, and as far as trying to persuade your parents goes, referring to it as a game is probably not the best of ideas

I'm sure there a plenty of people around here, myself included, who would be prepared to tell your parents how much of a difference LFS has made to their real-world driving skill; and in a very measurable way too. How much of an effect it would have on someone who has not driven in real life before, I'm not certain, but I am certain that someone who has good experience of both real world driving and LFS driving will be the better for it.

Sam
My dad finally agreed to drive it yesterday. He said that it was not realistic for one reason. Everyone was going above the speed limit. He would not push over 50 mph!!! When I told him it is a racing simulator that will improve my driving, he said that racing is not good. He said I should be only a legal driver!!!

And thanks for the program. I am about to download it! Yey!

BTW, skippy, I really do like your idea. And seeing as the new test patches let the demo racers use skins, it is really good for me. And thanks for the compliment!
Quote from shashdev :My dad finally agreed to drive it yesterday. He said that it was not realistic for one reason. Everyone was going above the speed limit. He would not push over 50 mph!!! When I told him it is a racing simulator that will improve my driving, he said that racing is not good. He said I should be only a legal driver!!!

Then ask your dad if sometime he had to go to a taxi and the driver was Schumacher. Considering he would respect the limits, wouldn't your father feel safer?
I mean, if you can race safely, i suppose its much easier to drive less than half the speed safely...
I might try that! Except instead of Schumacher, I will use Jimmie Johnson (my dad likes him because my brother watches NASCAR and likes him). Maybe that will help to convince him. Thanks for the great ideas guys!
Just point out that if you earnt the money why can't you spend it the way you want? My Dad used to be the same, luckily once I got my first debit card and started earning my own cash he realised he couldn't stop me and gave me in.

Does a friend not have PayPal or anything?
i dont think lfs needs this FZ50. i think if something needs to be added into demo is one of the gtrs. i think now the dome is quite good and doesnt need anything but of course it would be nicer to get a test for all of the car types. (Rwd,Fwd,Gtr and if lfs haves a 4wd car that would be nice too). personally i dont need anything new for demo
Quote from batteryy :but of course it would be nicer to get a test for all of the car types.

agreed in general but the fbm give you enough of an idea what the spectrum of lfs is like... and ultimately the simple fact that he and other demoers want more shows that the demo achieves its goal
Quote from batteryy :i dont think lfs needs this FZ50. i think if something needs to be added into demo is one of the gtrs. i think now the dome is quite good and doesnt need anything but of course it would be nicer to get a test for all of the car types. (Rwd,Fwd,Gtr and if lfs haves a 4wd car that would be nice too). personally i dont need anything new for demo

Get that flamesuit on! LOL! Naw, just that i don't see this coming any time soon. I do have one question for you guys that have been here for some time. How many test patches came out for patch x before patch y came out?
Any word on how many test patches there will be for patch y? And will there be a beta S2 before the final S2?
Quote from shashdev :And will there be a beta S2 before the final S2?

I should hope not...Patch A - Z Beta? :jawdrop:

There's normally around 30 test patches for before every normal patch. Maybe there's more that aren't publicly announced though, IDK...
Why do people keep suggesting things like this
Expecting to get nice stuf without giving anything to the developers and the aswome job that their doing.

Im just suprised by the sheir amount of poeple who think they deserve the best for giving nothing...
Just cop it on the chin, or buy S2...
That's rich coming from someone who's been on demo status for a year
Quote from S k i p p y :Buy the game.
Buy the game.
Buy the game.
Buy the game.
Buy the game.
Buy the game.
Buy the game.

I think it sums it quite well. Buy the game.
my mom was the same way like your dad (wouldnt let me buy stuff off the internet) XD but i begged and begged. and if anyone likes art go to my moms site and buy something http://www.michelejanine.com/
Quote from mutt107 :my mom was the same way like your dad (wouldnt let me buy stuff off the internet) XD but i begged and begged. and if anyone likes art go to my moms site and buy something http://www.michelejanine.com/

Well, I might have bought. But my dad won't let me! LMAO!!! Anyway, I will have to see what I can do. When I told my dad the taxi thing, he just said that that will never happen. He has no imagination. Or he is VERY reluctant to buy something from the internet! I think it is the second one.
XD i can't wait till i get my own credit card
Same here. Then no one will stop me from S2!
Quote from dougie-lampkin :That's rich coming from someone who's been on demo status for a year

I've wanted LFS for a while, but I can't get it so I cop it on the chin and wait until I get a CC and hopefully buy S2 (or whatever it would be down the track...)
Quote from Gekkibi :Everything is possible. However, FBM requires more talent and skill than XRG and XFG put together. That is why I use it in the competition.

I haven't decided if I make another competition in the future. And no, I haven't decided the car or track.

For me the FBM was WAY easier to drive after 5 laps then the easy things of xfg and xrg together
Quote from Stefani24 :For me the FBM was WAY easier to drive after 5 laps then the easy things of xfg and xrg together

Hmm... Interesting. I have little problem to adapt to road cars in LFS. I just don't know how to control single-seaters. Maybe my judgement was wrong.
for me it wasnt easy to the start but when i got controller it were way more easy. pedals so you dont lock brakes and gas pedal so you can press gas in corner without spinning and steering wheel so you dont get oversteer so easly
I am actually going to be getting a Logitech DFP in the near future (less than a month) and then I will try to control the FBM again. I spent about 15 laps on it yesterday, and I was getting laptimes of about 1:20, while everyone else on the server was getting 1:16-1:18 laptimes. They were freaking amazing!

A Better Demo (Please)
(183 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG