The online racing simulator
A Better Demo (Please)
(183 posts, started )
Quote from mrodgers :Not allowed to work until you are 16.....

lol @ the civilised Americans

I've been working during the summer since I was 13, usually farming. While technically Irish law states that you can't work 'till you're 14, employers just don't pay tax on 13 year old workers. Win-win situation
Quote from mrodgers :

As for being 15, I agree. It's easy to mow lawns and stuff for cash. Just 3 mowed lawns and there's the cash for S2, at least 25 years ago when I was doing it.

Why would you be mowing other peoples lawns at age 30?

We should just give them the UF1 and SkidPad....
OMG, can any of you read the whole topic before you start telling me to get the money. Really? How about you read the numerous times I have stated that I have the money to buy the game, but I cannot since my parents do not let me. I have enough money to buy a $3000 car if I want. Okay, get it? I have the money. My parents do not let me use it on the game. I tried to let my dad play it last night. He looked at it, and said it does not look realistic. Yes, they do not want to have any reason to let my buy the game.

REVIEW:
-I have the money
-Parents do not let me buy the game
-I cannot convince them

Is that clear enough for you. Sorry for sounding mad, buy it pisses me off when people start stating the same thing over and over again. I can understand with one or two posts. I don't need 15 posts telling me to buy it myself. I really was trying not to do this, but if you are not going to read the whole topic, don't bother answering based on just post 1. Thanks for the posts that actually talk about the SUGGESTION, not about how much money I have.
Quote from shashdev :OMG, can any of you read the whole topic before you start telling me to get the money. Really? How about you read the numerous times I have stated that I have the money to buy the game, but I cannot since my parents do not let me. I have enough money to buy a $3000 car if I want. Okay, get it? I have the money. My parents do not let me use it on the game. I tried to let my dad play it last night. He looked at it, and said it does not look realistic. Yes, they do not want to have any reason to let my buy the game.

REVIEW:
-I have the money
-I cannot convince them

Is that clear enough for you. Sorry for sounding mad, buy it pisses me off when people start stating the same thing over and over again. I can understand with one or two posts. I don't need 15 posts telling me to buy it myself. I really was trying not to do this, but if you are not going to read the whole topic, don't bother answering based on just post 1. Thanks for the posts that actually talk about the SUGGESTION, not about how much money I have.

No one talked about your suggestion because it was silly and pointless...just my opinion...

LFS does accept money orders as a form of payment...problem solved...
......lol.

He just isn't allowed to buy the game, nothing to do with payment methods.
Quote from shashdev :OMG, can any of you read the whole topic before you start telling me to get the money. Really? How about you read the numerous times I have stated that I have the money to buy the game, but I cannot since my parents do not let me. I have enough money to buy a $3000 car if I want. Okay, get it? I have the money. My parents do not let me use it on the game. I tried to let my dad play it last night. He looked at it, and said it does not look realistic. Yes, they do not want to have any reason to let my buy the game.

REVIEW:
-I have the money
-I cannot convince them

tell them its not a game.. its a DRIVING sim to help with your driving
He can get a money order on his own...he doesn't need his parents for that...
You're allowed to get a PC, but not to get possibly the cheapest (and best) racing sim for it? Sheer torture
Yeah, it is torture. And when I say I have the money to pay for the game, this is what I mean:

I pay using my dad's credit card. I give him the $48 that is required for the game that I get from MY money.

And yes, if you think the suggestion is stupid, please do not post.
Maybe he is afraid to use his credit card on the internet. It is common (even) nowadays.

REVIEW:
-I have the money
-I cannot convince them

While I can see that a few have maybe not read the whole thread to the degree that you demand, you have failed to read every post as well. I gave you no less than 4 suggestions in this post on page 2 http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=799217#post799217
Quote :
If your parents won't let you get it then respect their wishes. If you have to have it, try contributing to the game some other way. Make insim apps, make skins, build websites. You could even join in the voucher competition. There are a lot of generous people here, help them out and maybe, just maybe they will help you out.

Had you actually bothered to read that the first time I posted it, you would have noticed I gave you some suggestions to circumvent your parents strict no spending policy.

Instead, you would rather get mad because no one is seeing it your way. Even some demo users have stopped by and said that the demo is more than enough the way it is. All you want is for someone to give you more for free. You aren't actually willing to earn it.

I mean, I'd love to own a yacht. It's not going to happen so I've accepted that. Man up and accept it for what it is. You don't always get what you want.

On the other hand, if you want it bad enough, you will figure out a way to get it.
Quote from S k i p p y :If your parents won't let you get it then respect their wishes. If you have to have it, try contributing to the game some other way. Make insim apps, make skins, build websites. You could even join in the voucher competition. There are a lot of generous people here, help them out and maybe, just maybe they will help you out.

Yes, actually, I did read that. Unfortunately, I cannot do any of those (don't know programming). I am trying to get the skinning to go, but the best program I have is Windows Paint, and that just is not good enough I guess. If anyone has any program that is free, maybe up to $10-$15, please suggest it to me. Thanks for the suggestion either way though, skippy!
I guess ignoring my suggestion that would pretty much solve your ordeal is a good idea too...
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :I guess ignoring my suggestion that would pretty much solve your ordeal is a good idea too...

Sorry, but if my parents say that I am not allowed to buy the game, I am not going to go against their wishes. I can wait until they say okay, but that is probably what I am going to do, when they say okay.
Making suggestions for the demo that require more content to fulfill is comparable to someone giving you a free car, then you ask them, "can you get that to me in blue?" (car not originally blue) If you were the one giving the free car away I could imagine you would be thinking/saying "WTF, its a free car take it or leave it!"

Now if you have a suggestion that might actually make the game play better then suggest away, but don't go suggesting more content especially when there is some that is legally accessible via. older patches.
i dont know how can a demo racer be on a s2 server using xrt?
Attached images
shashdev.jpg
Quote from e2mustang :i dont know how can a demo racer be on a s2 server using xrt?

it is with the new patch y19. Look it up. And I was not using the xrt. I was either using the xrg or the xfg. xfg=racing; xrg=drifting. If you go now with patch y19, the guy may still be there. I am not lying. He must have an account on here, so pm him if needed as well. Just ask if he raced ShashDev(TM)

Btw, go to test patch there. I can get on an S2 server as long as it fits the demo requirements (xrg, xfg, fbm, and blackwood only). That one was like that. Btw, where does it say that I was using xrt? It never says that anywhere in the picture as far as I can see. But I may not be looking in the right place since I have not gone on LFSWorld more than three times.
Quote from shashdev :Don't tell me you didn't get that joke.

Noooo, you took MY Xrt!

I said: Don't worry, we gave it back!

Get it, in patch y, it was no longer part of the demo. Soooo, it is like "we gave it back"? Get it? I guess I was not obvious enough.

its gotta be an american joke than coz i dont get it
I guess. It basically is ironic that you had that on your signature, when I was asking for it to be put back into the demo. See, it would be like we were taking the xrt from you again. Get it now? If not, forget about it.
Quote from shashdev :If anyone has any program that is free,

GIMP is what I use. The link is to the windows version but I use the Linux one.
Here is a good site that has tutorials and stuff.

Edit: If you are not yet familiar with the Master Skinnerz site I suggest you go there. They've got everything a skinner wants or needs.
Quote from e2mustang :its gotta be an american joke than coz i dont get it

He took your sig as you saying "no you (demo) took my (S2) XRT.

To which he replied "Don't worry we (demo) gave it back to you (S2).

I got it.

At any rate, I'm not saying you have to make skins sashdev. I'm just saying that if you contribute in some way, help the community out, you could end up helping someone generous that thinks your contributions are worth buying you S2.

I'm not going to tell you what to do, I was merely offering some simple suggestions. It's up to you to figure out how to contribute. Some people have earned their licenses around here in different ways and I'm not even saying that it will work for you.

I do have to say though that you have showed tremendous effort here in this thread. If you put that much effort into talking your parents into letting you buy S2 or if you put that much effort into practicing for the FBM competition then you would probably already have S2.

A Better Demo (Please)
(183 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG