The online racing simulator
A Better Demo (Please)
(183 posts, started )
A Better Demo (Please)
Now, first of all, let me just say one thing. I love LFS. If this suggestion does not go through, I am still going to play LFS everyday. Now on to the suggestion:

First suggestion:
Why not just give us the XRT in Y19? Yes, many of the S2 drivers did not have the chance, but maybe with a better demo (not that the current one is not amazing) more S2 drivers will get up there and compete with the best and give some more competition!

Now, all of my reasoning is based on basic math. Hopefully I have not messed anything up horribly! If I have, please point it out quickly, so I can feel completely stupid!

If we get the XRT, we will have 4 cars out of 20, right? So:
4/20 = 20%

Also, we get one track out of seven tracks, right? In these tracks, we get three variations out of twenty-nine, right? So:
3/29 ~ 10.34%

So, using basic math, to get the percent of the game we would have, we just take the first percent (percent of cars) and the second percent (percent of track variations) and multiply them together. So:
.2 x .1034 = 2.06%

That means we would only get 2.06% of the game if you gave us the XRT in addition to what we have right now! As of the moment, we have 1.55% of the game. You are giving us an extra .51% of the game. Is that really that much?

Again, I would like to mention, I am not trying to be greedy about this. But I doubt you would find many demo racers who were against getting one extra car (that many have driven before).

Second Suggestion:
Now, here is something else that could also be done. It would still only give us 2.06% of the game.

Instead of giving us the XFG and the XRG, which have almost the same speeds, why not give us another car and take one away? Here is what I mean:

Give one of each level of car:
XFG
XRT
FZ50 (looks coolest, IMO)
FBM

We get one of each type, and yet we are still only getting 2.06% of the game with all variations included.

Review
See, us demo racers see how it is to drive different types of cars, and still get basically 1/50 of the full game content.

Now, I fully understand why the S2 license holders would be against this. You have the full game, and you did not get to try 4 cars in the demo! Why should these new racers get a chance when you didn't?

I don't have any reply for that. You are right, we have no more right than you. But if we do get one extra car, are we really going to hurt you? You are just letting the demo racers try one more car, giving them yet but another reason to buy the S2 license! See?

Basically, I just wanted to give the demo racers one more car. That is all I want (though it is quite a lot even for me). I understand if you don't do it, but by looking at the math, it just seems to me, that if the demo racers get another car, it is just .51% of the game more.

Please consider this option, and in the minds of almost all the demo racers, LFS will have taken a huge leap forward!

And please, when you comment, make it thoughtful and please do not flame me. This is again, just a suggestion. Please criticize constuctively.

And I hope you liked my idea!
Its well thought out explination, but its not going to happen to my knowledge atleast, the demo is ment to give a taste for the game.
But if you want everything you will need to upgrade to S2 its just about the only way.
a demo is the taste of LFS. The demo already has a lot and if you want even more use the pre-Y versions.
Sooo... you want the developers, who sell content, not patch levels, to give people who don't pay more content?

I can't see it happening some how.
A Ferrari costs about 150,000 , i only have 15,000 , i hope they sell it to me anyway

Are you serious ? You demo racers should be thankfull that LFS has such a good demo ! What is this world coming to ? ROFL
Quote from W1ldPort75 :A Ferrary costs about 150,000 , i only have 15,000 , i hope they sell it to me anyway

lol, maybe Ferrari? or a Ferry? :P
Quote from W1ldPort75 :A Ferrary costs about 150,000 , i only have 15,000 , i hope they sell it to me anyway

i wouldn't say no to 15k though
Quote from shashdev :Now, first of all, let me just say one thing. I love LFS. If this suggestion does not go through, I am still going to play LFS everyday. Now on to the suggestion:

First suggestion:
Why not just give us the XRT in Y19? Yes, many of the S2 drivers did not have the chance, but maybe with a better demo (not that the current one is not amazing) more S2 drivers will get up there and compete with the best and give some more competition!

Now, all of my reasoning is based on basic math. Hopefully I have not messed anything up horribly! If I have, please point it out quickly, so I can feel completely stupid!

If we get the XRT, we will have 4 cars out of 20, right? So:
4/20 = 20%

Also, we get one track out of seven tracks, right? In these tracks, we get three variations out of twenty-nine, right? So:
3/29 ~ 10.34%

So, using basic math, to get the percent of the game we would have, we just take the first percent (percent of cars) and the second percent (percent of track variations) and multiply them together. So:
.2 x .1034 = 2.06%

That means we would only get 2.06% of the game if you gave us the XRT in addition to what we have right now! As of the moment, we have 1.55% of the game. You are giving us an extra .51% of the game. Is that really that much?

Again, I would like to mention, I am not trying to be greedy about this. But I doubt you would find many demo racers who were against getting one extra car (that many have driven before).

Second Suggestion:
Now, here is something else that could also be done. It would still only give us 2.06% of the game.

Instead of giving us the XFG and the XRG, which have almost the same speeds, why not give us another car and take one away? Here is what I mean:

Give one of each level of car:
XFG
XRT
FZ50 (looks coolest, IMO)
FBM

We get one of each type, and yet we are still only getting 2.06% of the game with all variations included.

Review
See, us demo racers see how it is to drive different types of cars, and still get basically 1/50 of the full game content.

Now, I fully understand why the S2 license holders would be against this. You have the full game, and you did not get to try 4 cars in the demo! Why should these new racers get a chance when you didn't?

I don't have any reply for that. You are right, we have no more right than you. But if we do get one extra car, are we really going to hurt you? You are just letting the demo racers try one more car, giving them yet but another reason to buy the S2 license! See?

Basically, I just wanted to give the demo racers one more car. That is all I want (though it is quite a lot even for me). I understand if you don't do it, but by looking at the math, it just seems to me, that if the demo racers get another car, it is just .51% of the game more.

Please consider this option, and in the minds of almost all the demo racers, LFS will have taken a huge leap forward!

And please, when you comment, make it thoughtful and please do not flame me. This is again, just a suggestion. Please criticize constuctively.

And I hope you liked my idea!

Buy the game. IIRC its only .... bah nvm i forget the prices. Put it this way, its cheap enough that I can get it.
Yes, I get the point guys. I thought I asked nicely not to flame me. It was after all, just a suggestion. Anyway, as I expected, this idea is not the most popular. And also, I said that I was happy with the demo. I never said the game was bad and am very happy with what the demo has currently. Again, this section of the forum, is just meant for the suggestions, isn't it?

Please stop the flaming. If you want to say why you think it is unfair, please go ahead, but no one needs 10 replies saying, "This is retarded" in 10 different ways. Please, use constructive criticism.

BTW, I have to money to buy the license. My parents just won't let me spend $47 on a game. They say I would just be wasting my money. Looks like I will be in the demo for some time.
Quote from shashdev :Yes, I get the point guys. I thought I asked nicely not to flame me. It was after all, just a suggestion. Anyway, as I expected, this idea is not the most popular. And also, I said that I was happy with the demo. I never said the game was bad and am very happy with what the demo has currently. Again, this section of the forum, is just meant for the suggestions, isn't it?

Please stop the flaming. If you want to say why you think it is unfair, please go ahead, but no one needs 10 replies saying, "This is retarded" in 10 different ways. Please, use constructive criticism.

BTW, I have to money to buy the license. My parents just won't let me spend $47 on a game. They say I would just be wasting my money. Looks like I will be in the demo for some time.

Tell your parents to go to GameStop and look at new games there $60

Anyways, I didnt mean it as flame. The developers have worked their butts off for >6 years to get from nothing to patch Y in s2. They didn't need to make an unlimited playing time demo free of charge for anyone. But it is not meant to be a substitute for the game. They need to make money somehow, and if they give the demoers more choices, more cars, more tracks - they will ultimately lose money and have to stop creating updates for LFS. Putting in an FZ5 to drift / race will just result in less money for the devs.

The world revolves around money - just put it that way. Plus demoers in general don't deserve it they way they acted about the XRT taken out and given an open wheel car. I only race the demo cars at CTRA enen though i spent $50 on s2.
Your argument is very constructive with logical, with well thought out ideas, I will give you that.

But with this particular game, you will always meet resistance with your aforementioned arguement, and I think the core reason why is the developer of the game, Scavier.

The name Scavier is a composite of the three people who have made the game from day one: Scawen, Victor and Eric.

Three people.

Three people, not, like some large corporate games, 300 people. These few have lovingly crafted this simulator, and are not rich money wise, but rich with the dedication of their followers who invested in their project, the S2 users. We, who have bought licenses, have invested in this game, and thus, have a vested interest in the development of the game. To be a demo user and suggest getting more content is, in a roundabout way, an insult to the people who have put forth money to see this game through.
Quote from shashdev :this section of the forum, is just meant for the suggestions, isn't it?

Yup. And it's been so badly abused recently that I'm surprised it's still here.

Your thread is basically a begging letter for two cars you can drift in the demo. Like everybody else said, if you want more content, pony up.

Someone should close this.
what %'age of your yearly income is 24 pound?

I don't earn money yet. I am just 15. I will be getting a job soon though. Also, as stated earlier, I completely understand how much hard work has been put into this game. If you put together any other three people, it would take them 15 years to get the game as good as it is. This Scavier team is amazing and I hope that when the final S3 comes out, it will be known better than Gran Turismo, Forza, or any other simulator out there. I truly believe this is the best simulator for all-around. Lets keep the game going. And yes, I don't even have a game system. Since my parents won't let me buy any game thing more than $10. Yeah, that narrows me down to the GBA (I don't want one, lol). Anyway, sorry for the bad suggestion, and have some fun racing on LFS!
Quote from shashdev :So, using basic math, to get the percent of the game we would have, we just take the first percent (percent of cars) and the second percent (percent of track variations) and multiply them together. So:
.2 x .1034 = 2.06%

Your maths is missing a few variables

In the Demo you get to play online with servers about 40% the number slots of S2 servers in addition you can use 100% of the physics features.

So the percentage of the game you actually have in demo is 1.55% track & car content + 40% of online features + 100% of physics features which is equal to approx 47% of the entire game

So demo content is an extremely good deal and imo very well balanced at the moment.
I agree with what you're saying, but unfortunately the chances are of that happening are slim...
What's weird with all this is that the XRT was ALWAYS in the demo until patch Y, when it was suddenly pulled off. As for UF1, well, let's be blunt, no one in their right mind is going to judge and buy S2 based on their UF1 experience. I have a hard time imagining demo guys complaining about the loss of UF1 in the demo.

I still remember my demo days so many years ago (S1 era!) and XRT was the only car that was worth testing as it really showed the tire and turbo physics well enough, since it had the performance to do it.

But wait, is this just another ploy to hide how wonderfully neglected and wonderfully bad turbo modeling really is? The plot thickens...
you really dont miss any chance to go off on one of your daft turbo rants do you?
15? Screw that, I'm 12 and bought it last summer!
Sounds just like another typical poncing thread :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, kids seem to be getting worse and worse for the "gimme gimme gimmes"

The demo does what it says it does, demonstrates the game, both road going cars and aero-enhanced cars of 2 completely different genres.

I bought a web control panel for £150 (annual license), the demo allowed me to configure one domain for one user. I wanted this for a multi-user commercial setup, yet I managed to evaluate the product just fine. You've got a taste of LFS, the demo isn't meant to be a lifetime investment.

Regards,

Ian
Why should THEY give YOU something for FREE that you can continue to play FOREVER?.

The demo is supposed to be a DEMONSTRATION of the full product, something to give you a taste of, decide weather you like it or not, and then BUY it if you do.

Why is this so difficult for serial demo'ers to understand?, the demo IS NOT there to serve as a game you can play FOREVER.

edit :

One thing I will ask, how many demo'ers would buy the full game IF another car were added?.

Answer?, none, infact they would be LESS likely to buy it because they would have one more reason to stick with the demo.

Your reasoning (OP) is not logical, it would be more logical for the devs to remove content from the demo, 1 car and 1 track should be more than enough to decide if LFS is for you or not, that coupled with a time limit would clear things right up .
#22 - Jakg
The very fact your happy with a demo says it all - it should tease and tempt you to want more...
If you don't like demo as it is right now, buy a license, so simple. Then you get all tracks, all cars.
A quick note - by your logic, everytime a bunch of new cars and tracks were added, the demo would have to got bigger or else the demo would feel smaller (by %).

The demo is simply 1 track + 3 cars (enough for a demo, and even quite generous compared to some), while the licenced game continues to grow.
^ Two tracks?

A Better Demo (Please)
(183 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG