The online racing simulator
A Better Demo (Please)
(183 posts, started )
Quote from shashdev :I am actually going to be getting a Logitech DFP in the near future (less than a month) and then I will try to control the FBM again. I spent about 15 laps on it yesterday, and I was getting laptimes of about 1:20, while everyone else on the server was getting 1:16-1:18 laptimes. They were freaking amazing!

mwaahahah if you find 1:16-1:18 freaking amazing you should see the top times... 1:12x . www.lfsworld.net and download the first three times there
Holy crap. I just looked at the lap times the people for FBM contest are doing! They would lap me like 15 times in the 50 lap race!!!
Like I said in another thread: They will eat normal drivers for breakfast and want some more.
I bought S2 becouse they took my XRT.
Quote from Gekkibi :Like I said in another thread: They will eat normal drivers for breakfast and want some more.

LOL (Yet soooo true)!
Quote from mutt107 :XD i can't wait till i get my own credit card

With great power comes great responsibility.

And bills.
Quote from MijnWraak :With great power comes great responsibility.

And bills.

AGAIN:

LOL (yet soooo true)!

Also, I have a few questions.

1. Umm, I know that there is a hi-res pack around for LFS. I have found it! Now, here is the question: Are there hi-res cars in that too or just hi-res tracks, wheels, etc.

2. If the previous answer is no, is there a hi-res car pack?

EDIT: NVM, I was stupid not to read the hi-res stuff first. No need to answer the questions!
OH NO THEY TOOK MY XRT!!!! OH NO ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!

.... go buy S2 and stop whining. Simple as that
My e-penis has gone limp

[/OT]
Quote from Gekkibi :Hmm... Interesting. I have little problem to adapt to road cars in LFS. I just don't know how to control single-seaters. Maybe my judgement was wrong.

I just had problems with the understeering of the xfg and the not-power-but-anyway-oversteering of the xrg.
The fbm just gave you more control
Quote from S k i p p y :I demoers fail to realize is the bottom line. .

dont use the word "demoers" i just find that stupid just say demo players?
easier demoers... or demop.?
Just want to say that this whole thread was over almost two months ago. Why was it started up again. I got s2 and a wheel. There really was no reason to start a dead thread.

Thanks!
Well, let's try and get some sort of moral out of the story - happy now?

Sam
perhaps i'm a bit late to the party but lets say you have a cake. (This cake is NOT a lie) The cake looks soooo good but mother says you have to wait but you stick your finger in the icing getting about 1.51% of the cake. Still tastes like cake in all it's sweet, sugary goodness but it's not the whole thing. see where I'm going with this?

Perhaps a meager 24GBP to have your cake and eat it too would be worth it
They just took the XRT out of demo for business purposes

The devs, that aren't that stupid, saw that the XRT was very demanded on the market. Here comes a simple economic rule :
- There were 2 products offering the XRT : Lfs demo and Lfs S2.
- The demo had XRT so the offer/demand price for having it was 0, cheaper than paying 24£ to have S2.
- They saw a lot and a lot of drifter fans played the demo to have the XRT.
- They removed the XRT from demo, so the people who wanted to play with it only had the choice of buying S2.
- There were a lot of XRT demo users (mainly for drift purposes ) so, because the offer price was 0, the demand was infinite, and none of them (considering only the car, not the tracks available --> ceteris paribus option on) did go the to buy the S2 (or S1).
- So, by the removing of the choice, the devs had defined the price to drive the XRT to the same price as S2. Hence, since the offer price is higher, there will be less demand, but the devs are still winners here following the simple equation :

Infinite*0£ = 0 < "less than infinite"*24£

Demoers, this means one thing to you : BUY S2 ! You loved your XRT right ? Loved to hear the turbo spooling and hitting the rev limiter while sliding hard a burning sum' smok' ya ? So BUY S2 ! And you'll be able to slide your XRT to everywhere in the LFSWorld, impressing the aristocratic girls in South City with your long... slides. Or just burn up some weed at the wheel of the twisty road of the Fern Bay ! You could even paint it how you want !
(This is marketing )
I'll be completely honest here:
The only reason I bought S2 was because the XRT was removed from the demo, and I wanted it back. So i payed up and it was well worth it to get ALL of the cars and tracks.More content in the demo would just make people not buy the game because they already had a good demo.
Quote from Zen321 :.....

Actually, it was because of the FBM addition and the usage in the racing competition (not going to explain what that is, can't remember what it's called exactly). Thus, the FBM had to be in the demo, which makes 1 car too many. So, since there is already 2 RWD cars, one had to go. XRT made sense as the GT is in the class with the GTi and is capable of racing together...
Quote from Zen321 :
Demoers, this means one thing to you : BUY S2 ! You loved your XRT right ? Loved to hear the turbo spooling and hitting the rev limiter while sliding hard a burning sum' smok' ya ? So BUY S2 ! And you'll be able to slide your XRT to everywhere in the LFSWorld, impressing the aristocratic girls in South City with your long... slides. Or just burn up some weed at the wheel of the twisty road of the Fern Bay ! You could even paint it how you want !
(This is marketing )

Thats is selling S2
thread necro?
You don't have to pay £24 for the XRT you know ..
The XRT is one of the cars in S1 which is only £12
Quote from jakuthedoku :dont use the word "demoers" i just find that stupid just say demo players?

I'll use what ever word I want too. Who the f*** are you to tell me what to say? You should speak considering you can't even use the quote feature without jacking up my quote. While it's not a proper word, it is used quite frequently in the sales arena. The OP got the gist of my post and thanked me for it. He even bought S2 after this thread. What the hell have you accomplished besides posting in a 2 month old thread?

Further, I was just looking at some of your other posts and not only can you not spell, you have no concept of capitalization or punctuation. So go crawl back under your rock.
I don't really care whether they get an extra car or not, however understand that the devs restrict so much content because it is a marketing strategy. They need to give as little content as possible that still shows the game's potential without hooking people on just the demo.
Quote from shashdev :Yes, I get the point guys. I thought I asked nicely not to flame me. It was after all, just a suggestion. Anyway, as I expected, this idea is not the most popular. And also, I said that I was happy with the demo. I never said the game was bad and am very happy with what the demo has currently. Again, this section of the forum, is just meant for the suggestions, isn't it?

Please stop the flaming. If you want to say why you think it is unfair, please go ahead, but no one needs 10 replies saying, "This is retarded" in 10 different ways. Please, use constructive criticism.

BTW, I have to money to buy the license. My parents just won't let me spend $47 on a game. They say I would just be wasting my money. Looks like I will be in the demo for some time.

hey welcome to the site
full of self opinionated a**eholes i did simalar recently and got about 40 posts saying the same s**t, pesonally lfs still needs more development physics models are quite impressive,but needs to be graphically updated i got the full game still play occasionally but its let down by the graphics most gamers dont have agp cards anymore (sli and pci *16 ,what about vista version dx10 does it really take that long this game is slowly falling behind the competitors and looking a little basic and dated sort it out ,a irratated racer

A Better Demo (Please)
(183 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG