The online racing simulator
Quote from Migz :

Edit: ohhh so taht skin is one the default skins in lfs?

No, scawen didn't want too many skins in LFS, because it would be a to big file :/
well, believe it or not, for scenes where there is like a wall and a road, i simply just add smooth surfaces, in blender that is done by pressing space in the left window then add>mesh>plane, stretch it out and add a texture you find at google ir whatever
http://imajr.com/350z-render-1164315
like in this one, but the road simply makes me wanna puke
Quote from SpyDa-LV :well, believe it or not, for scenes where there is like a wall and a road, i simply just add smooth surfaces, in blender that is done by pressing space in the left window then add>mesh>plane, stretch it out and add a texture you find at google ir whatever

Yeah, but it would have been a lot nicer if you have done it in 3d
Quote from Migz :If that question was at me, then i was.

What is ambient occlusion?
And how does a few extra lamps act the same as with that option on?

Ambient Occlusion is a visual effects that simulate global illumination shadowing. It has no relation to the physical lights direction / brightness etc. And it does not light up the scene. It is done by calculating the distance of 2 objects, the closer they are, the stronger the shadow will be. The further they are, the softer and lighter the shadow will be.
Ambient Occlusion is mainly used for adding refine details to your render, and believe it or not it is a quicker way to fake Global Illumination.
The way most people use AO is to render it as a seperate pass (a black and white image with just the details of shadows, it renders very quick) then composite the AO layer on your original render in photoshop. Therefore your original render could be done in Default Scanline Renderer without any G.I. process, which will render much faster.
But there is also a downside of using AO. IF you place a light between 2 objects close to each other, they will still generate a harsh shadow between them even though there is a light between them. Because as I said earlier that AO does not react to any physical light at all. Also it does not know the object is solid or transparent, it still can cast strong shadows on transparent object such as glass
i can finally do this! i love it i started last night and have already done 8 renders - this one being my best (went wrong near front wheel in 3 places)

the normal is messed up.
Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :i can finally do this! i love it i started last night and have already done 8 renders - this one being my best (went wrong near front wheel in 3 places)

You dont need a wiper for rear window if there isn`t any?
and the hood look's messed up too. and u should do something with the back, so it wouldn't be black. maybe add a plane on stretch out the back?
this one is muuuch better
Quote from SpyDa-LV :well, believe it or not, for scenes where there is like a wall and a road, i simply just add smooth surfaces, in blender that is done by pressing space in the left window then add>mesh>plane, stretch it out and add a texture you find at google ir whatever

Where you get that 350Z model? Me wantz
got that from aironeracing.com.
I have tried the one from aironeracing, but I never get the logos to look right.. Guess I need to learn myself how adjust alpha channels and stuff...
good job mate
Congratulation Bogey Jammer for this howto.
Here is my 1st shot:

edit:
sorry for the huge image, but in the edition mode I only saw a link and not the image
You hate that much modem users? :O
WOW, Xperion, that look's awesome
i have tried to get a car into a picture, but i failed hard is it hard to do?
Quote from SpyDa-LV :WOW, Xperion, that look's awesome
i have tried to get a car into a picture, but i failed hard is it hard to do?

Not hard at all, you just have to find a cool picture where your car can be placed in. (that's the tricky part).

Then just play with Gimp or Photoshop (if you have the chance to have license).
damn, then no cool renders for me, i don't know anything about photoshop, except where the blur tool is
Well... I felt the passion for 3D burn again, but I ****ing hate that blender is so unstable.. The autosave doesn`t even work right and it crashes all the time..

Well back to the topic. I have started on a Drift spec XRT now...
Attached images
Test.jpg
More like rice spec XRT from the look of those exhausts

But i like that wing
The exhaust is to be fitted with the new rear bumper I will work on this evening...
Rear bumer is in progress : D
Attached images
Test 2.jpg
Quote from T.J. :Well... I felt the passion for 3D burn again, but I ****ing hate that blender is so unstable.. The autosave doesn`t even work right and it crashes all the time..

My Blender crashed few times but I tried to do weird things with it. Otherwise it's quite stable with me...

btw aren't these mammoth exhaust pipes designed for a 20L engine? :biggrinfl

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG