The online racing simulator
are u using ''ambient occlusion''? for exampe, i don't use AO, i simply turn it off and then add a bunch of lamps in the scene, and on my E6850 - 3.0ghz and 4 gigs of ram it takes me a few seconds to make a 1600X1200 render i have tried to make 4084x3072 render and that one took about 5minutes or something like that.
here's a picture: http://imajr.com/ambient-occlusion-1163148
just disable the AO and import some lamps, it should do the trick
What do you use to replace AO?
If that question was at me, then i was.

What is ambient occlusion?
And how does a few extra lamps act the same as with that option on?
You will need more than a few more lights to get an equivalent to a good AO result. (some of the renders here may not represent a good AO)
You will need to create an array of lights to make it like a dome shape. (semi sphere) It is like Skylight in 3ds max.
Even though, this method still won't give the fine and subtle shadow details you get from AO.
well, I agree, that using lamps instead of AO means, that you wont get the quality as you would, when using AO, but in some renders i have been able to get a very nice lighting using lamps, at least I think they're good
+ using lamps instead of AO is very usefull, if u don't want to wait like 20hrs for a very, very good render.
oh yes, maybe someone could tell me a web, that has a tutorial on modeling or/and sculpting. I would like to make my own rims or custom bumpers maybe. would be really helpfull
Hmmm i tried my render but without the AO on, although i didnt add any lamps seeing as nobodys explained where you should add lamps (i doubt you just randomly add lamps to anywhere?)

And the result came out PAHHH, it only took 20 minutes on my VERY old system, but its very dark and the skin hasnt come up.
Attached images
shite.jpg
you're on the right path there, Migz ok, now i will try to explain how to do things with lamps first set youre cursor on the left screen @ blender, press space>add>lamp>lamp and move the lamp where you want the lighting to illuminate your car from. and if you want to get shadows , then add a lamp, place it, press f5, then select ''lamp buttons'' there you will see a button named ''Ray Shadow'' activate it and don't change any of the settings
I've done that and now im rendering it looks fine apart from the fact the front side of the car where the bumper is is all black. well not black but not like in my last picture. Im guessing this is because i didnt put any lamps near the front

I'll post it up when it finishes

Edit: It finished, its a bit shiny/plasticy at the front right of the picture.
Attached images
mhmm.jpg
nice work there, Migz and i kinda like how the front bumper is dark
maybe i should start posting some of my work in here.?!
Thanks

Yeah post some of your renders out, that's what this topics here for (i think)

I did another render using Ambient Occlusion in the first picture. And none in the second.
I realize the lights were out therefore there's some unlit bits.

I've noticed there's little white bits/patches around the renders. Any clue why this is?
Attached images
Part 2 copy.jpg
back1.jpg
Here is an example of how much diffrence AO does.

The time is the biggest diffrence here i guess. 13 vs. 1 min :O

Alright, the one with is a little bit lighter and so but it's not that great diffrence, or what do you think?

edit: update, now it looks even better without
Attached images
w ambient.png
wo ambient.png
wo ambient new.jpg
maybe try saving it in a .png format? oh and btw, these 2 last ones are realy nice
i have a couple of renders with some skins i downloaded from this web in the skins topic, so I don't really remember if they were public or not, but they just looked really nice and I wanted to make a render with the skin, so i'm afraid to post those one's here
so here are some of my old and probably last team's skin renders:
http://imajr.com/van-xrt-1164242
http://imajr.com/nos-render-1164244
and here i'm just messing arround :
http://imajr.com/2fz5v2-1164265
and here i found a mist simulation in Blender:
http://imajr.com/2fz5-1164266
and i also have some real car renders with models downloaded form aironeracing.com and a sword with some shurikens, but this is not the topic to show those
those are pretty sexy

btw i dont think saving it in another format would help the white patches thing. I save in .bmp originally and teh white patches are still there. But ill try rendering it in .png then.

And who's 2 renders are "really nice"?
Quote from Migz :those are pretty sexy

btw i dont think saving it in another format would help the white patches thing. I save in .bmp originally and teh white patches are still there. But ill try rendering it in .png then.

And who's 2 renders are "really nice"?

Me or "SpyDa-LV"?
Quote from jonaz lindberg :Me or "SpyDa-LV"?

oh i hadnt seen that you had posted.
I meant him, but i think yours is pretty good, thing is the front bumper is kinda strange, it looks very cartoony because its all just black. Is there a lamp near the front to light that bit up more? Or is that because of the skin?
your's, Migz, are nice
but i'm not saying that jonaz renders aren't nice, they're very good, i saw them at a different topic, and i thought, that they were made in 3ds max
Quote from Migz :oh i hadnt seen that you had posted.
I meant him, but i think yours is pretty good, thing is the front bumper is kinda strange, it looks very cartoony because its all just black. Is there a lamp near the front to light that bit up more? Or is that because of the skin?

Here is a render with another skin, judge by yourself if it's cartoony
Attached images
cartoony.jpg
Ahah Ta.

I'm trying to set up another scene now, but make it all a bit more customized. Mess with all the settings and things. And get the lamps set up properly too. I don't like to have bits dark because the light isn't reaching them.

ooh lol. I hate 3DS max, i cant get my copy of brazil to work with it so i use blender instead.
Quote from SpyDa-LV :your's, Migz, are nice
but i'm not saying that jonaz renders aren't nice, they're very good, i saw them at a different topic, and i thought, that they were made in 3ds max

Haha, thanks mate!
Quote from jonaz lindberg :Here is a render with another skin, judge by yourself if it's cartoony

Whoops i didnt see this one until after.
Looks nicee

That skin really confused me because i swear ive seen it before, first i thought it was one of lfs's default skins, but then i just realised the stripe you have on the middle of the car is the exact same stripe that i put on my cars in juiced 2.

Awesome looking skin though move the camera view though

Edit:
Quote from SpyDa-LV :http://imajr.com/dbr9-render-1164294
is it any good? i just dont know any other place to show that, so ill just show it here

Mmmmmm sexyyyyy. Was that all done in blender?
yup, everything that u c in that render was made in the ''Mixer'' as I like to call it
Quote from Migz :Whoops i didnt see this one until after.
Looks nicee

That skin really confused me because i swear ive seen it before, first i thought it was one of lfs's default skins, but then i just realised the stripe you have on the middle of the car is the exact same stripe that i put on my cars in juiced 2.

Awesome looking skin though move the camera view though

Edit:

Mmmmmm sexyyyyy. Was that all done in blender?

Here you can download the LFSSE skins for all cars, I have converted them

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 21910&highlight=lfsse
*drools*

btw i just noticed teh car is actually sitting on the floor have fun getting that out of there.

Do you have any scenes of just backgrounds that you can share? i find the whole reflective floor and a black background boring

Edit: ohhh so taht skin is one the default skins in lfs?

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG