The online racing simulator
Flaming NFS
(115 posts, started )
Quote from Migz ::o im a maturing young man lol.
Im not crying over nfs i just dont think everyone should always flame it and thing its crappy. People have their own preferences.

It just gets on my nerves people always flame anything such as drifting,cruising or need for speed just to name a few.

Puberty, gotta love it.
Quote from obsolum :Man, is this thread still going?

well, that proves a point doesen't it?
Please stop...you're giving those of us young 'uns with any sense a bad name

NFS is an arcade racer. It is excellent at that. Fantastic, pick-up-and-play gaming.

LFS is a serious sim (*insert serious cat picture here*). It is superb at that. Realistic, online racing at it's finest.

However, calling NFS a bad sim, is the same as saying LFS sucks as an arcade game...

Maybe 10% of the community is into serious hardcore gaming. The rest (while not being immature/ricers/etc.) I'm sure do play other, maybe less sim-ish racing games. I play NFS, I like it for what it is (Hell no would I pay for it though :razz. It allows me to cutomise my car in a way that doing so in real life would make me look like a tool going down O'Connell street. Much the same as LFS allows me to push a car right up to the limits, that doing so in real life would probably get me killed/seriously maimed.

There really is no point arguing over it, the devs aren't going to bring in a "no-NFS" policy, where talk of EA games, or indeed having a copy of NFS on your PC, means that your license is revoked. This is the 21st century, you can't stereotype someone as a ricer because they play a different game than you.

(BTW, in NFS I have a completely stock Porsche Carrera. Because yes, it is faster than a 106 with neon :shrug

</rantthatidontknowwhyistarted>
wow... neons... spoilers... seriously... GO BACK TO NFS!
Quote from Migz :What the **** dyu think your saying?

I've payed for my lfs copy thank you very ****ing much. I should'nt have my opinion discounted just becuase im 14. Arsehole !!!

And alot of you are saying that there isnt ever many people who like ricing, but urm if there wasnt why do we get so many new topics being made? Surely its not just one person making them over and over.

Edit: Sorry about that, but i just got extremely annoyed at the fact you think my opinion shouldnt be heard just because im 14.....
Some of the worlds best point of views come from kids/teenagers so stfu :P lol
And what you said was pretty much discrimination, theres nothing different betwen that and saying " Colour : Black
Nuff said,"
(No offense to any coloured people)
You should be ashamed

Second Edit: I like the fact that when someone brings up a point and somebody else just cant find a way to beat it they always go to their profile and see if they can pick anything out of there to win with.

I really hope this isn't indicative of the intelligence level of this next generation... scares me... scares me a lot... :scared:
LOL @ some of the responses in this thread, and in many other similar threads.

It's funny how people around here always say that LFS has such good physics and that's what should be appreciated about it, and so on, but when somebody wants to tune the cars (thus pushing the limits of the physics engine) they get shot down and told to "go play NFS". Stop telling people to play NFS if they want to tune cars, it's only natural to want to push the limits of LFS's physics engine, and I personally love playing around with LFS Tweak whenever I have some free time.
Here's an example of real world, low cost, customization that not only improved the looks of a Nissan Sentra, it improved it's 1/4 mile performance by over 2 seconds!

http://www.daleholley.com/nissan.htm

Yes, it's an old article, but a few here may not have seen it before.

Also, although LFS may be more realistic, it's apparenty that cute Romanian chicks dig the guys with NFS style tuned up 1.3 liter econoboxes. This site includes some good action videos:

http://www.prostreetromania.ro/prostreet.htm
Quote from JeffR :Here's an example of real world, low cost, customization that not only improved the looks of a Nissan Sentra, it improved it's 1/4 mile performance by over 2 seconds!

http://www.daleholley.com/nissan.htm

/me holds an angle grinder and looks at the Yaris. Needs must.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Please stop...you're giving those of us young 'uns with any sense a bad name

NFS is an arcade racer. It is excellent at that. Fantastic, pick-up-and-play gaming.

LFS is a serious sim (*insert serious cat picture here*). It is superb at that. Realistic, online racing at it's finest.

However, calling NFS a bad sim, is the same as saying LFS sucks as an arcade game...

Maybe 10% of the community is into serious hardcore gaming. The rest (while not being immature/ricers/etc.) I'm sure do play other, maybe less sim-ish racing games. I play NFS, I like it for what it is (Hell no would I pay for it though :razz. It allows me to cutomise my car in a way that doing so in real life would make me look like a tool going down O'Connell street. Much the same as LFS allows me to push a car right up to the limits, that doing so in real life would probably get me killed/seriously maimed.

There really is no point arguing over it, the devs aren't going to bring in a "no-NFS" policy, where talk of EA games, or indeed having a copy of NFS on your PC, means that your license is revoked. This is the 21st century, you can't stereotype someone as a ricer because they play a different game than you.

(BTW, in NFS I have a completely stock Porsche Carrera. Because yes, it is faster than a 106 with neon :shrug

</rantthatidontknowwhyistarted>

Sorry to say but yes, I totally agree. I love when im bored and computer is far away my ps2 is sitting infron of me ill pull out nfs, play for a hour put it down, Then 2 hours later play LFS and love it aswell, Does that make me a ricer? I dont think it is the game, i think it is some players that abuse stylings in the game that ruin it. Although i may be wrong, please tell me?
As far as I can judge LFS allready provides a platform for ricer-handling.
  • lower the suspension
  • make it a lot stiffer without changing the dampers
  • add extra weight to simulate the amplifiers, subwoofers and extra carbon-look-crap
  • add intake restriction to simulate garbage can exhaust (and turn up the sound)
  • set the front anti-roll bar to the max and do not touch the rear one(that one is hardly visible IRL anyway)
Oh my god, so much stupid complaining in this thread. If you don't like NFS, don't play it and don't insult the people that do, chances are you play a game that they might hate. Personally I like NFS, but just because I like to customize my car doesn't make me a "ricer".

I think some sort of customization in LFS would be cool. And I don't mean like adding neons and such, I mean like maybe having the option of spoiler/no spoiler on the XRT or XRG for example, or maybe having a few different wheel choices. Even a slightly different bumper or something, just things that would add little or no performance advantage.

And on the whole calling people a ricer thing, please don't. I know I've already said this but just because someone wants their car to look different, or better (maybe they like it but you don't, deal with it), there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe I should start telling people that don't want customization to "Go back to LFS and stop complaining".
I like Rice with my curry.
I prefer my rice in a cleveland steamer.

Flaming NFS
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG