The online racing simulator
Flaming NFS
(115 posts, started )
#51 - Migz
Its because most people are faggots and follow the crowd by saying all visual tuning = rice. and that anybody who likes this in the slightest = ricer boy lol.

Now i like both lfs and nfs.

Lfs because it PAWNS and is 733T , well that and the physics rule and its as close as im ever going to get to driving a real car for now.

But then i like nfs because it allows for you to personalize your car, it makes me feel like its more unique and my own sorta thing.
Plus where else can you hit a button and go ZOOOM straight to 50000000 million mph and take out another car :P

But honestly i think sometime in the future Ea games are going to rethink nfs and make it with realistic physics, perhaps even physics to equal or surpass lfs (doubt it though) But then nfs will have both physics and tuning. Meaning it will be bringing in a huge ammount of people who are looking for each one.

Then because of that and the fact nfs is more commonly known lfs may begin to start losing sales.

Btw alot of you think that there are very little ammount of people who like visual tuning and that because of this they PHAIL.
But thats not true, they're are ALOT of people in the world who want tuning, half of them would be ricey boys, but the other half just want to make theyre car lighter or faster. So no neons, or 50" rims or a spoiler that makes the car look like a shopping trolley. Just some small noticable modifications that makes the car better, while also looking kinda nice.

Edit: before people say that you can skin your car, so thats a way to make your care more personal.
what if you cant skin? And dont want to use one thats been made before?
^^^^

'Nuff said. As mentioned by others, ricing is (generally) an age thing that most outgrow by the time they hit their early to mid 20's.

There are much better (and less visually agonizing) ways of being different.

Cheap cars are cheap because they're cheap. If you want a fast car, you don't buy a cheap car.
I'm more than twice that age, so...
I wonder how many of you actually tried that latest NFS version, the one with the legal racing?? It does have basic physics, but its very much let down by being developed for being driven with keyboard. In that respect it is not a simulator, but for being a keyboard game it's as good as they get. You need racing, not ricing to win, you can't take bends at a gazillion mph, you won't win by randomly crashing into everything.

But in general the LFS forum users are a flock of sheep, have one posting geek say that NFS sucks and the rest is sure to follow, so tisy, if you have an opinion that differs from the hurd, best thing is to keep it to yourself or prepare to get flamed.
Being like-minded does not make a group of people sheep. Who are you to say a thousand people don't have very specific reasons for the way they feel regarding things such as this, even if they all come to the same conclusion?
The fact that most probably havent even tried the latest version of NFS yet.
With good reason. The physics are terrible, even compared to an ISI game.
Quote from Migz :Its because most people are faggots and follow the crowd by saying all visual tuning = rice. and that anybody who likes this in the slightest = ricer boy lol.

Now i like both lfs and nfs.

Lfs because it PAWNS and is 733T , well that and the physics rule and its as close as im ever going to get to driving a real car for now.

But then i like nfs because it allows for you to personalize your car, it makes me feel like its more unique and my own sorta thing.
Plus where else can you hit a button and go ZOOOM straight to 50000000 million mph and take out another car :P

But honestly i think sometime in the future Ea games are going to rethink nfs and make it with realistic physics, perhaps even physics to equal or surpass lfs (doubt it though) But then nfs will have both physics and tuning. Meaning it will be bringing in a huge ammount of people who are looking for each one.

Then because of that and the fact nfs is more commonly known lfs may begin to start losing sales.

Btw alot of you think that there are very little ammount of people who like visual tuning and that because of this they PHAIL.
But thats not true, they're are ALOT of people in the world who want tuning, half of them would be ricey boys, but the other half just want to make theyre car lighter or faster. So no neons, or 50" rims or a spoiler that makes the car look like a shopping trolley. Just some small noticable modifications that makes the car better, while also looking kinda nice.

Edit: before people say that you can skin your car, so thats a way to make your care more personal.
what if you cant skin? And dont want to use one thats been made before?

I've never been so disgusted by a post that I've responded, but this brings it over the edge. The diction and phrasing used here is a prime example exactly what why many don't want to associate LFS with a feature that NFS is based on.
Quote from TG44 :You want an online game that has good physics and you can tune a car?

Go play Project Torque, free to download, free to play....

....you'll love it

That is actually quite a fun game. It does have quite good physics and a good damage model.
Quote from Jakg :O' great fountain of Knowledge - show me the statement from the devs saying they will never add those features...?

(Hint - don't be such an ass unless your 110% sure in argument)

Maybe Im an ass(whyever not censored), but this was requested a thousand tiems, and 90% of the comm are against it (maybe 80), and i dont think our great devs will implent think that onyl 10(20)% of the comm like. So
Quote from Forbin :With good reason. The physics are terrible, even compared to an ISI game.

Because...its...an...Arcade Game...

It has always been an arcade game...it will always be an arcade game...the casual gamer doesn't really care about physics or super realism..all they want to do is drive their shiny car real fast and cause havoc in a imaginary world...

So why do a bunch of the trolls here loathe NFS so much...I never understood the reasoning behind any of the hate...

If you don't like it, don't play it...if NFS wasn't successful at doing something I don't think it would still be around after ~14 years...it sells, it is super popular and there isn't anything wrong with it...it's just a casual arcade racer that lets you and your ricer friends give your honda civic a neon enema...

It makes perfect sense why people want to have NFS type features in LFS...they are the ones who love racing, love realism but still lack knowledge about a lot of elements of auto racing/performance...I can understand why people want to be able to buy a "stage 2" (just saying 'stage' anything makes me wince, get educated) turbo and slap it on the XRT...because even though I am against it, I can see where and why it would be fun...
Well NFS has created an impact on LFS, what with the developers sneaking off to spend time customizing their NFS car collection. The worst was back when NFS Underground series were released, and the LFS developers were spending so much time on their cars, trying to find the perfect combination of paint, vinyls, stickers, speakers, hydralics, and neon, trying to duplicate the cars in the Fast and Furious movies.

Fortunately, the lastest NFS, ProStreet, doesn't have all the visual tuning junk, so expect the pace of LFS releases to be much better than it was back in the days of NFS Underground.
#62 - Migz
Quote from Forbin :^^^^

'Nuff said.

What the **** dyu think your saying?

I've payed for my lfs copy thank you very ****ing much. I should'nt have my opinion discounted just becuase im 14. Arsehole !!!

And alot of you are saying that there isnt ever many people who like ricing, but urm if there wasnt why do we get so many new topics being made? Surely its not just one person making them over and over.

Edit: Sorry about that, but i just got extremely annoyed at the fact you think my opinion shouldnt be heard just because im 14.....
Some of the worlds best point of views come from kids/teenagers so stfu :P lol
And what you said was pretty much discrimination, theres nothing different betwen that and saying " Colour : Black
Nuff said,"
(No offense to any coloured people)
You should be ashamed

Second Edit: I like the fact that when someone brings up a point and somebody else just cant find a way to beat it they always go to their profile and see if they can pick anything out of there to win with.
You know, it would all be better if we learned to simply ignore these inane feature requests, because we all know they will never be included in LFS.

Why I am so sure of that? Because there is a crapload of more important, useful and actually racing-relevant improvements waiting to be implemented. So even if these, for all intents and purposes, ricer wishes were on Scawen's list, they'd be at the very end of it, meaning we're safe for at least another decade. And even then he'd probably not implement them, simply because they stand for the exact opposite of what LFS tries to be: a serious online racing simulator.
Quote from Migz :What the **** dyu think your saying?

I've payed for my lfs copy thank you very ****ing much. I should'nt have my opinion discounted just becuase im 14. Arsehole !!!

And alot of you are saying that there isnt ever many people who like ricing, but urm if there wasnt why do we get so many new topics being made? Surely its not just one person making them over and over.

Edit: Sorry about that, but i just got extremely annoyed at the fact you think my opinion shouldnt be heard just because im 14.....
Some of the worlds best point of views come from kids/teenagers so stfu :P lol
And what you said was pretty much discrimination, theres nothing different betwen that and saying " Colour : Black
Nuff said,"
(No offense to any coloured people)
You should be ashamed

Second Edit: I like the fact that when someone brings up a point and somebody else just cant find a way to beat it they always go to their profile and see if they can pick anything out of there to win with.

some nice posts, really shows that you are 14 and proves what Forbin said is true, nice to open a post with "Its because most people are faggots"

as for stuff like bodykits,rims,ect i dont think we'll see anything like that till ppl can make mods for the game
#65 - Migz
But im sure in real life they would slightly modify the look of their car to go faster? Therefore surely lfs would implement some of this?

And well i didnt post a post like.

NFS SUCKZOR AND LFS RULE

Or vice versa like most of the adults would do.....

I simply said most people are faggots, and thats because they just follow the crowd. Like lil sheep. Bahh bahh. If someone says something they dont bother to think of it fully them selves and just follow that person.

You are a bahh bahh

Surely you would be annoyed if someone was to say "You like drifting. Nuff said"
?
Quote from Migz :But im sure in real life they would slightly modify the look of their car to go faster?

No, they don't?
Depending on the regulations, they do modify the body shape to allow for better airflow (less drag or more downforce / less lift), but this has nothing to do with how the car looks. Commercial body kits do in most cases nothing for the performance and only affect the looks (and in most cases in a bad way).

Quote :I simply said most people are faggots, and thats because they just follow the crowd. Like lil sheep. Bahh bahh. If someone says something they dont bother to think of it fully them selves and just follow that person.

You are a bahh bahh

This did not improve the way you are perceived at all. In your case I'd change the subject or stop posting till some grass grows over this, but if your goal is to look like an ass and fulfil the teenager stereotype then please continue.
Quote from Migz :But im sure in real life they would slightly modify the look of their car to go faster? Therefore surely lfs would implement some of this?

another reason your opinion doesnt count

Quote from Migz :I simply said most people are faggots, and thats because they just follow the crowd. Like lil sheep. Bahh bahh. If someone says something they dont bother to think of it fully them selves and just follow that person.

because ricing up your car like everybody else isnt following the crowd?
#68 - Migz
Quote from AndroidXP :No, they don't?
Depending on the regulations, they do modify the body shape to allow for better airflow (less drag or more downforce / less lift), but this has nothing to do with how the car looks. Commercial body kits do in most cases nothing for the performance and only affect the looks (and in most cases in a bad way).

This did not improve the way you are perceived at all. In your case I'd change the subject or stop posting till some grass grows over this, but if your goal is to look like an ass and fulfil the teenager stereotype then please continue.

Thats what i meant? Modifying body shape/changing the look of the car to make it go faster?

And if i was a stereotypical teenager i wouldnt have even said sorry, id think i was right in everything. Which i really dont. And instead of bothering to explain myself id just go
"URMMM NOO LARK DO1!"
which i didnt lol.
Well thats if its a chavvy stereotype.

Quote from masternick :
because ricing up your car like everybody else isnt following the crowd?

Ricing up your car is to improve only the looks..... Like AndroidXp said that
"Commercial body kits do in most cases nothing for the performance and only affect the looks"
This would be rice. But if the body kit or the modification was to also improve performance that wouldnt be rice.

But what i was saying was to improve the performance aswell as the shape or look of the car.

If we had the choice betwen having it but with no performance change or not having it, id prefer not having it. Because THATS rice.
#69 - JJ72
Quote from Migz :But im sure in real life they would slightly modify the look of their car to go faster?

haha, essense of RICE.
Quote from Migz :Thats what i meant? Modifying body shape/changing the look of the car to make it go faster?

Ricing up your car is to improve only the looks..... Like AndroidXp said that
"Commercial body kits do in most cases nothing for the performance and only affect the looks"
This would be rice. But if the body kit or the modification was to also improve performance that wouldnt be rice.

But what i was saying was to improve the performance aswell as the shape or look of the car.

LFS already has these things you lucky devil you! Take the XRR: it is a XRT with improved performance and a body style that helps it perform even better. According to what you just said, that exactly what you're asking for. Woah even the lowly XFG has its higher performance counterpart: the XFR. It has a non-rice ground effect kit to make it faster! You seem to get everything you ask for, don't get too spoiled now...
#71 - Migz
Quote from flymike91 :LFS already has these things you lucky devil you! Take the XRR: it is a XRT with improved performance and a body style that helps it perform even better. According to what you just said, that exactly what you're asking for. Woah even the lowly XFG has its higher performance counterpart: the XFR. It has a non-rice ground effect kit to make it faster! You seem to get everything you ask for, don't get too spoiled now...

Awww But i wanna be spoilt lol.

Well yeah i get it. But i just wanted to get my point accross that it'd be nice for each person to be able to slightly customize their car. Because not everyone can create good setups or even good skins.

Quote from JJ72 :haha, essense of RICE.

*slaps you*

No im talking about proper things, not things like little dice to go on your rear view mirror, that somehow makes the car go faster.

I just mean like perhaps have something like what they had in nfs carbon, where you could customize the shape of the bumpers. i've forgotten what its called, but you could drag little slider things and it would change the shape of the bumpers. Make them longer or wider, or deeper ect. And what you changed acctually made a difference to the aero dynamics

But pah lol, im satisfied with the cars we have now just thought id get my idea accross and hopefully not have been beaten up by everyone lol.

Although yeah there is a bit of essence of rice in me lol. I have a ricer brother and some of it rubs off on me, but theres a point where i just say NO lol. Like how he's lowered his car so low to the ground it cant get over speedbumps anymore XD *chuckles*
#72 - JJ72
and tell me my friend, how exactly do you know the way you are dragging the bumper is benefitting the aerodynamics.

In all the people I know who are into cars (and that's quite a lot), I only know ONE people who actually did some scientific testing on the aero performance of his bodykit, the rest, even though most are pretty good drivers and definitely not ricers, do it for the looks.

I mean tuning for real in LFS would require a basic CFD programme let alone having the aero model complex enough in the game itself to make a logical gameplay element, people would have to get a diploma to play it as well.

if you dumb it down to a level of fixed downforce/drag ratio with complete disregard of the shape itself, you are either facing the situation where people go for what they think looks good (which defeats the point of functional tuning) or people forced to use kits that they don't like or else they won't be competitive.

and so far in all racing sims, we have yet get to the point where we have basic packaging and physical allowences and tires still goes through fenders. realistic aero tuning in games is next next next gen kind of stuff. (and maybe irrelevant to gaming all together)
Heh, some funny posts here, mostly the infantile ones being the funniest. Rather than have an ongoing debate between, what looks to be, adults and kids, why don't we all just stick to two basic premises...

1. If nitro-assisted acceleration, cornering akin to a monorail and the needlessness for brakes interest you and you feel the need to light up the road beneath you with a fancy pink bulb and stick half of Halfords on your car then may I suggest something like Need for Speed.

2. If realistic physics, near as damn-it feedback and a superb tyre model sound interesting and the thought of adding pieces of chicken wire, MDF and discarded ice cream tubs to your bodywork make you cringe, then may I suggest something like Live for Speed.

Oh and to those who believe they're being flamed by us sheep, just remember: these are LFS forums, the vast majority of people here are no doubt more interested in LFS, not NFS. So no, sheep we are not, LFS fans we are.

Ta
Quote from Migz :it'd be nice for each person to be able to slightly customize their car. Because not everyone can create good setups or even good skins.

And you think these people who can't make setups or even skins are great at tuning a race car
#75 - Migz
Quote from March Hare :And you think these people who can't make setups or even skins are great at tuning a race car

Could be. People are good at their own unique things lol.

But pah forget my idea lol.

Lfs pawns how it is, i just hope nfs makes a realistic driving sim XD

Flaming NFS
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG