The online racing simulator
Flaming NFS
(115 posts, started )
Quote from tisy0 :Before anybody starts flaming me or anything i'd just like to tell everybody my opinion

On most "Tuning" Threads every1 says

I like every1 of the NFS series and i'm no Ricer/Chav/Anything like that.. I'm a plain simple cruiser... For instance look at the latest NFS.. Track racing..

I'm just fed up of everybody saying "Go back to NFS"..
Whats wrong with a little tuning here and there?
If people have payed for LFS shouldnt they do what they want? Rice up their game... Its not your problem is it?

I like a little tuning like adding a Slightly bigger spoiler to a car and giving it a new set of rims... maybe some neon for a better effect or some screenshots..
LFS has great physics and.. Simply NFS doesnt.. so people play LFS and expect a little NFS to go with it..

Dont flame me for posting something like this just.. I'm a little fed up :/

Thanks,
Tisy0

hi,

you should know that tuning would go in one way:
ALL RACER HAVE TO USE TUNING PARTS IF THEY WANT TO BE COMPETABLE!
just imagine: you have an xfg, go on ctra... several years we fought with our untuned fwd cars like hell to get good times... now tuning would come into the game... you will have to use max tuning and you will have to acclimate to a fully new car...

now you know why noone wants tuning here? and this is only one argument against tuning.

but there is a possibility to have tuned cars: best example is the xrg. you want an upgrade? better engine? bodykit? USE THE XRT... now you want an upgrade with brutal turbo, sportive look, spoilers? USE THE XRR ^^

you see that in some cases are pre tuned cars

the next thing you should know: the actual average age is 26,28 years (look at LFSW in the LFS racers database)... we are too old for this sh** ^^
Don't deny it You're a RICER
Go play NFS.

Seriously, read the existing threads before making an exact replica, please!
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Go play NFS.

Seriously, read the existing threads before making an exact replica, please!

Its people like you..
Did I say I wanna make LFS.. NFS?
No I didn't..

All I'm saying is if people... Usually Noobs ask for "Bodykits" etc... Why the hell do most people say: Go back to NFS..
All their asking for is a bodykit damnit..
Fair enough you cant really make bodykits but why doesn't everybody just say :: There are no bodykits on this game..

Who ever tells me to go back to NFS is a fool in my opinion..

And you G!nho... Which part of my posts says that i'm a Ricer?
You don't know me so dont judge me..

Also Gran Turismo... You can't add spoilers on that... Oh yeah.. YOU Can
does GT's adding of spoilers make ur car super quick? No :/

Also I did not say stuff like
Air Filters
Induction Kits
ECU Remapping
Performance things like that... I said suttle spoilers..
The reason people get annoyed with NFS users and CRUISERS DRIFTERS, etc is because they make silly threads like this...
Eh
I don't drift... I cruise.. Yeah....
But don't say I made this thread because I'm a drifter/cruiser etc.. Or w/e
because I made this cuz im fed up.. Read my first post instead of trying to boost your post count.
Quote from tisy0 :Its people like you..
All I'm saying is if people... Usually Noobs ask for "Bodykits" etc... Why the hell do most people say: Go back to NFS..
All their asking for is a bodykit damnit..
Fair enough you cant really make bodykits but why doesn't everybody just say :: There are no bodykits on this game..

They say that because the NFS series has based it's marketing strategy upon being able to "personalize" your car. Since that usually involves some severe ricing with ridiculous body kits and spoilers, it's very logical that sort of request in LFS immediately brings NFS to mind. When NFS comes to mind, crap physics and punk kids who have no idea how to drive come to mind. Thus, the annoyance/flaming appears. Furthermore, due to the nature of LFS, i doubt this attitude towards "tuning" will ever change, which isn't a bad thing
I, don't think it will change either,
But there needs to be a 'Cut Down' on the "Ricer" attitude.
Tuning will be absoloutely pointless, because soon enough, people will find the fastest way to tune it and then everyone will do it that way

Quote from Dajmin :

I'm not going to put my C&P in here. For now. You got lucky.

This one?

Quote from Dajmin :So how about you just drive the cars you have and I dunno, bang a metal trash can lid with your face to simulate the noise of a pointless "masseev zorst!!1111"

The prob is that the users asking for bodykits, tuning parts etc. are too dumb to use the SEARCH function. tuning parts have been requested thousands of times, and the devs wont implent that, so FORGET IT and STOP REQESTING SUCH THINGS.
Quote from Stefani24 :The prob is that the users asking for bodykits, tuning parts etc. are too dumb to use the SEARCH function. tuning parts have been requested thousands of times, and the devs wont implent that, so FORGET IT and STOP REQESTING SUCH THINGS.

i fully agree, we shouldn't forgot this is a sim, no cruise/tune 'game' or whatsoever
#37 - Jakg
Quote from Stefani24 :The prob is that the users asking for bodykits, tuning parts etc. are too dumb to use the SEARCH function. tuning parts have been requested thousands of times, and the devs wont implent that, so FORGET IT and STOP REQESTING SUCH THINGS.

O' great fountain of Knowledge - show me the statement from the devs saying they will never add those features...?

(Hint - don't be such an ass unless your 110% sure in argument)
Whether or not it will be implemented is up for grabs, but I doubt it will ever happen. LFS is closer to flight simulator X than any console racing game. You don't see the Flight Simulator forums full of requests for faster cessnas and visual upgrades on their lear jets.
Oh, but there are tuner options in LFS. Paint the nose of any skin black - Viola! Instant Le Bra!
Dont get me wrong. i would hate LFS becoming another nfs. but you know...
damn... WHATEVER IM GONNA PLAY LFS.
They say "go back to NFS" because NFS is the symbol of car-tuning (as in neons, NO2, audio etc.). If somebody would have asked for RPG elements, they'd tell you to "go back to WoW". That's all. The whole thing is about gaming stereotypes.
And why people don't rather say "unfortunately, there is no such option in LFS" instead? Because it's easier to be an **** on the internet. They wouldn't tell you the same thing eye-to-eye, because they would be affraid of getting their buttcheeks kicked. And it's also a means of ventilating their frustration with people, who cannot use the search button and ask for the same thing over and over.

And one last thing: everybody should learn to use words like "never, always, everybody, nobody" more wisely and with caution, as those are very strong words.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have some cop chases in my Murcielago. Gotta try my new exhaust pipe extension.
Just use a red skin. Instant +50bhp.

Red ones go faster, didn't you know
Now nobody flame me!

I'm just posting here because I'm fed up with all these rice-tuning threads!

Or something like that.
I'm surprised the OP even bothered with this; if he appreciated LFS for what it is - a top-notch sim racer - then he would know the ONLY similarity between LFS and NFS are the words 'for' and 'speed'.

I don't know anyone over the age of twenty-five who enjoys "blinging" their car up. From my experience, once people grow up the vast majority find plastic add-ons, mad paintwork, vinyls and neon lights bloody ridiculous.

I'm quite certain that all the people I race with in my team are over twenty-five, the average age is probably nearer thirty-five, possibly more. We enjoy racing as adults do. NFS, although fun for a couple of hours, is ultimately a kids game where "doing your car up" completely outweighs the actual driving side of the game, which incidentally is a joke.

Just my opinion....nothing more.
We say it because people see "Live for speed" and go oh wow that sounds like a cool version of NFS! Then they get there and realise its probably the best racing simulator to date with no neons on sight so they all whine.

Making a topic about it will just refresh everyone's memory's of it. Shouldn't have made it in the first place if you wanted people to stop talking about them.
Let's say, you don't like XRG/XRT, take XRR, it's tuned!
Or FZ5, take FZR, it's tuned! Rear wing looking like in NFS, high and cool, same with FXO and FXR...
Quote from tisy0 :
I like a little tuning like adding a Slightly bigger spoiler to a car and giving it a new set of rims... maybe some neon for a better effect or some screenshots..

lolololololololololololololololololol

You don't see much trolling on thesew forums, but this sure sounds like one

Oh, and btw, how the f*ck does adding new rims to a car count as tuning?

:bananadea

I know you said no flaming, but, really................
I was expecting to see a copy of NFS on fire. Damn.
#49 - TG44
You want an online game that has good physics and you can tune a car?

Go play Project Torque, free to download, free to play....

....you'll love it
Quote from tisy0 :I, don't think it will change either,
But there needs to be a 'Cut Down' on the "Ricer" attitude.

Why? LFS is a race simulator .. hence the use of the term "speed" in the game name. It's intended to replicate driving cars fast. Ricing is purely a visual thing. Nothing to do with performance in any way, so why should a performance biased audience not have a negative attitude towards things that are irrelevant to performance. Coming here and asking for visual mods capability in a game which is modelled 100% to replicate performance issues is like going on a forum for the game "guitar hero's" and asking for a mod to be able to play a recorder in the game.

Flaming NFS
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG