The online racing simulator
Flaming NFS
(115 posts, started )
Quote from Migz :What the **** dyu think your saying?

Edit: Sorry about that, but i just got extremely annoyed at the fact you think my opinion shouldnt be heard just because im 14.....
Some of the worlds best point of views come from kids/teenagers so stfu :P lol
And what you said was pretty much discrimination, theres nothing different betwen that and saying " Colour : Black
Nuff said,"
(No offense to any coloured people)
You should be ashamed

Coloured people?????? This is 2008 dude, not the 1970's!?!?!?!!
All this talk of playstation 'sims' annoy me. Since films like fast and furious and magazines like max power, every Fred Perry jumper wearing mongrel out there thinks a bodykit, NOS and handbrake turns are the requirements of driving fast.

While Gran Turismo was at it's peak, my playstation was collecting dust because I spent all of my time on Geof Crammonds GP series. I like simulation, not playing games where you tune the car up so much you end up with the millenium falcon!!!

I wouldn't even bother going to the makers of NFS, or thier forums whinging about the features.

If you want to 'pimp' up your car, try your hand at skinning. As mentioned in earlier posts, what's the point of tuning a car when everyone else is doing the same? It's not going to make the racing any closer. The drivers with the most skill who find optimal setups win on this game, and thats the way it should be! (I'm not one of those guys yet!!!)
Quote from andyb1982 :The drivers with the most skill who find optimal setups win on this game.

I thought it was the drivers who use a mouse that win on this game (look at the mouse thread).
#79 - Dac
i hate it when peole ask which games i play and i say 'live for speed' and they think ive said 'need for speed' grrrrr.... LFS just isnt in the maintstream. it would be a good idea i think to start selling it in shops. as its aimed at being the most realistic racing sim im sure alot of people would pay the measily £30 for it.
Lets get this straight.

NFS sucks. It has shit physics and is all about "T3h bl1ng!!!" and "B0dykitz" and "W00tzors N1tro".

Compare with LFS:
Best online gameplay, fictional cars with only 4 real cars, tyre physics made to perfection, and the list goes on.

Face it kiddies, NFS is one of the worst games ever made to respresent a "sim".
Quote from Dalek0220 :Lets get this straight.

NFS sucks. It has shit physics and is all about "T3h bl1ng!!!" and "B0dykitz" and "W00tzors N1tro".

Compare with LFS:
Best online gameplay, fictional cars with only 4 real cars, tyre physics made to perfection, and the list goes on.

Face it kiddies, NFS is one of the worst games ever made to respresent a "sim".

Agreed. Even a baby could drive NFS...but not LFS!
Quote from Migz :...i just hope nfs makes a realistic driving sim XD

EA - the developers/publishers of NFS in case you didn't know - are only interested in making vast quantities of cash. If they can continue making millions each and every year with pathetic, substandard games then they will. EA cater for the masses (i.e. the console kiddies) who generally don't partake in sim racing.

EA, and any other mass production gaming company, will never entertain the idea of a decent niche game, they simply wouldn't make enough money. All they care about is world gaming domination, hence the reason they are still trying to buy out every developer worth buying. Once they have that, the quality of their games will continue to drop, as they have done in recent years.

Forget NFS - or any game from EA - becoming a real sim, it isn't happening, ever. And to be honest, if they tried making a sim racer they would fail miserably.
while we're at it the new battlefield game has a pretty cool physics engine that allows most things to be damaged / destroyed, do you think we could provide them to put a rally track and cars in it as it would be brilliant if you hit the scenary and damaged walls etc.
first of all, a tuning comunity has much more to offer then ricers...i bet more then half of the people who enjoy racing and lfs are tuning fans...

second of all lets not compare or evin talk about nfs and lfs like they have something in common, exept the words racing and cars (and the name partialy) because they simply dont. its perfectly ok to play and enjoy lfs while u play and enjoy nfs...its like enjoy eating a cake but at the same time enjoy eating hotdogs too! there;s simply nothing between them, exept the relation you guys created...

i asked this q myself, why most of the lfs comunity goes up in flames when it hears bout nfs? i mean, whats ur problem? every one has theyr right in enjoying whatever they want, who are you to say whats "cool" or not? who are you to say ur better then those who like nfs simply because u dont and u like lfs? i think its wrong...unless its something personal just live with it, u dont have any right to talk about others and what they do...(from my pov...)

and for the last time, "tuning" doesent mean stupid ricer people! plz dont draw conclusions before u know all the facts and try to be a bit more mature..."if you dont like it, it doesent neceseraly mean its wrong"

most of you already know this but im gonna say it again: tuning your car means upgrading its performance...its not about coolnes or bribing. the side effect of tuning is customizing its look, meaning you create a one of a kind vehicle that you personaly like (others dont have to like it...). tuning is a great thing, givin' the fact that most of us hate to see the exact car we own over and over again on the streets. dont criticize tuning because of ricers...everything has its "bad" side...evin lfs or racing.

thers much more to say but im gonna stop here, i think a decent mentality will get what i'm trying to say.
Quote from Dalek0220 :Face it kiddies, NFS is one of the worst games ever made to respresent a "sim".

Why should NFS represent a "sim"?

NFS is good at what it does/wants to be.
LFS is good at what it does/wants to be.

Why can't you accept that?
#86 - Migz
Quote from webdigga :Coloured people?????? This is 2008 dude, not the 1970's!?!?!?!!

I think you'll find some people can take offense at being called black, where'as coloured isnt insulting.

[quote=CardinalStorm;845382]EA - the developers/publishers of NFS in case you didn't know - are only interested in making vast quantities of cash. If they can continue making ....... (everything else you said)quote]
Well tehn, EA sucks

[quote=Töki (HUN);845329]Agreed. Even a baby could drive NFS...but not LFS![/quote]
Thats a lie i think you'll find a baby can.

(Scawens baby boy )
*chuckles at how you got pawnt *
@Alex_Tiger:
As I said in an earlier post in this thread, cheap cars are cheap because they're cheap. If you want a fast car, you don't buy a cheap car. All "tuners" do is slap go-fast parts onto a shitty car. There's not really much engineering behind what they do, since most of it is trial and error. If they aren't using T&E, they're following what someone else did before them. Again, no engineering, just wrenching. Also, that money could have easily gone into a much nicer car to begin with.
#88 - Jakg
Quote from Migz :
(Scawens baby girl )

Baby BOY - Leo...

#89 - Migz
Quote from Jakg :Baby BOY - Leo...

I edited it before you posted SO HAH

But its only because when i was looking for that photo i had to go through the topic about his baby girl lol.
Quote from Forbin :@Alex_Tiger:
As I said in an earlier post in this thread, cheap cars are cheap because they're cheap. If you want a fast car, you don't buy a cheap car. All "tuners" do is slap go-fast parts onto a shitty car. There's not really much engineering behind what they do, since most of it is trial and error. If they aren't using T&E, they're following what someone else did before them. Again, no engineering, just wrenching. Also, that money could have easily gone into a much nicer car to begin with.

You miss the point of it all. People who are serious tuners don't care about performance, but about looks. Also, not all cars are shitty cars, last time I checked, Skyline's, Supra's, RX7's and so on are not really cheap.

Also, great generalizing you're doing here. The only thing you are saying is that tuned cars are nothing more but trial and error, there are lots of tuning company's who make show cars.
Quote from Dillyracer :You miss the point of it all. People who are serious tuners don't care about performance, but about looks.

uhm...not really. tuning began from tuning the engine to develope more hp...only after came the look customization...just to be clear. serious tuners are doing both but real tuners make theyr own engines...

and @Forbin

you really didnt get what i was trying to say. its not always about performace to the max, but more of the satisfaction that you actualy changed your engine how you wanted it. i'm sorry but most of us will prefer a rather "normal" car tuned to be much better then the standard one then a pre-tuned original car. again, its not the same thing! stop comparing the 2. every one can have a good car (bought straight from the factory) but not everyone could have a tuned car...you must know what you want and what your doing before u can tune your engine and the performance of your car (susp, breaks, diff's, etc).

but really i cant understand why are you incapable to understand and accept this things while me i get that not everyone wants to tune theyr cars, and rather stick to the original cars...thats not wrong at all, so why should tuning be purposeless or "lame" as you described it? belive me its not a waist to invest money into a cheap car. for example this is my passion, i could never stick my nose in a brand new good car, whilst i could in a cheap crapy car. this is what i like and want to do, its not like im doing it for the world to see...
Quote from Dillyracer :You miss the point of it all. People who are serious tuners don't care about performance, but about looks. Also, not all cars are shitty cars, last time I checked, Skyline's, Supra's, RX7's and so on are not really cheap.

Also, great generalizing you're doing here. The only thing you are saying is that tuned cars are nothing more but trial and error, there are lots of tuning company's who make show cars.

In other words, they're no different from ricers?
Quote from Forbin :In other words, they're no different from ricers?

What is your problem exactly ? Everyone can like what they want, and that has nothing to do with age. I don't like all tuned cars, but I do respect the work put into these cars.

there are alot of good cheaps cars and alot of ppl dont want to spend all there money on a newer car when they can spend less buying a older car and making it faster, you'll also find tuners that do new cars to

so...by me taking my cheap pick-up and dropping a 450HP LS2 into it...that makes me a ricer? taking something slow and making it fast makes you a ricer? if no one did that we'd all be driving around in briggs and stratton powered golf carts...because, after all, who wants or needs to go fast?

you're logic sucks...anyone who goes out and buys a cheap, 'crappy' foxbody mustang and drops a little money into it is a ricer, even if it runs 11s in the 1/4 mile? your logic says that anyone who does anything to a car unless it is deemed a 'super car' or meets some magical level where it is acceptable to work on is a ricer...
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :so...by me taking my cheap pick-up and dropping a 450HP LS2 into it...that makes me a ricer?

Well I don't see why you would buy a cheap pickup and drop an LS2 into it? It would be much more cost effective to get a carb'd crate engine.
#97 - Migz
Im 15 now so now you cant say being 14 means my opinion isnt counted! So now it is counted and i say you should all stop hating nfs some people like nfs, some people like lfs, some people like both so no need to bash nfs players.

Hokai?

Although you can bash ricers.
You're still a kid. Stop crying over NFS.
#99 - Migz
Quote from beefyman666 :You're still a kid. Stop crying over NFS.

:o im a maturing young man lol.
Im not crying over nfs i just dont think everyone should always flame it and thing its crappy. People have their own preferences.

It just gets on my nerves people always flame anything such as drifting,cruising or need for speed just to name a few.
Man, is this thread still going?

Flaming NFS
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG