The online racing simulator
Flaming NFS
(115 posts, started )
#1 - tisy0
Flaming NFS
Before anybody starts flaming me or anything i'd just like to tell everybody my opinion

On most "Tuning" Threads every1 says
Quote :Go play NFS you ricer!

I like every1 of the NFS series and i'm no Ricer/Chav/Anything like that.. I'm a plain simple cruiser... For instance look at the latest NFS.. Track racing..

I'm just fed up of everybody saying "Go back to NFS"..
Whats wrong with a little tuning here and there?
If people have payed for LFS shouldnt they do what they want? Rice up their game... Its not your problem is it?

I like a little tuning like adding a Slightly bigger spoiler to a car and giving it a new set of rims... maybe some neon for a better effect or some screenshots..
LFS has great physics and.. Simply NFS doesnt.. so people play LFS and expect a little NFS to go with it..

Dont flame me for posting something like this just.. I'm a little fed up :/

Thanks,
Tisy0
you shouldn't let the intertubes get you so emotional, or you won't survive very long.
#3 - tisy0
Emotional? o.O

It's just most threads you go on theres always some1 sayin "GO BACK TO NFS!"

It really bugs me :S
Quote from tisy0 :so people play LFS and expect a little NFS to go with it..

But that's just it. People shouldn't expect those things to go with LFS. To be honest, I even find that a bit arrogant. LFS indeed has great physics. And NFS indeed does not. So if you want great physics and great racing, you play LFS. If you want tuning and lots of bling bling, you play NFS. LFS will never - yes, never - have options to rice up your car. Ever. That's simply not what the devs have in mind for LFS. Accept that.

So yeah, when someone comes here and starts a thread suggesting that LFS should include features that allow people to tune their car for the zillionth time, the answer is usually along the lines of what you said. Seriously, what do you expect?

So now that you know that LFS will never have those things, you could try going onto the EA forums and start threads asking to implement a decent tyre model and a more realistic physics engine
Quote from obsolum :But that's just it. People shouldn't expect those things to go with LFS. To be honest, I even find that a bit arrogant. LFS indeed has great physics. And NFS indeed does not. So if you want great physics and great racing, you play LFS. If you want tuning and lots of bling bling, you play NFS. LFS will never - yes, never - have options to rice up your car. Ever. That's simply not what the devs have in mind for LFS. Accept that.

So yeah, when someone comes here and starts a thread suggesting that LFS should include features that allow people to tune their car for the zillionth time, the answer is usually along the lines of what you said. Seriously, what do you expect?

So now that you know that LFS will never have those things, you could try going onto the EA forums and start threads asking to implement a decent tyre model and a more realistic physics engine

Never say never.
Hmm, are you dutch living in the US? Just wondering, looking at your nickname...

Yeah I knew someone was gonna say something like that. Indeed, you never know but right now it doesn't seem very probable that the devs would go in that direction.
EVER...I expect to race the Ariel Atom on the Nordschleife before I see the first glint of neon on Lfs!
#8 - Zyrez
Quote from Paranoid Android :EVER...I expect to race the Ariel Atom on the Nordschleife before I see the first glint of neon on Lfs!

Haha, amen!
If people are telling you to go back to NFS you it is a sign that the majority of the LFS population doesn't want a tuning option. Why should LFS cater to a small minority (you) when even the majority is having a hard time getting what they want?
I'm not against a little tuning, and would think it unrealistic to see none of it in the future. Having a few variations of the cars on the track would be good, show diversity, and could adapt differently to each drivers. Having an extra winglet here or there to improve stability for someone, yet some other person don't need it. There's a lot that can be done for racing with tuning, than simple bling. On the XFG or UF1, okay, thats bling, but for example a GTR or SS. Do any of the real F1s look the same (except same team) on the track? No. But overtuning and stuff is definately over the top and I hope to see none, especially those neons.

In short: Tuning for rice = no. Tuning for performance/driveability (yet keeping cars balanced in it's class) = yea, I guess.
Knight_Atack: We already have tuning. More specifically, we have brake, suspension, steering, gearbox, differential, and (on some cars) aero tuning. That's a lot of tuning. Tuning.
I know that, but I was thinking of changes that actually show/visible, or have a more significant difference to the car handling/performance, for example adding an extra wing/winglet for support, wider brake air intake (for brake demanding circuits), etc. Just ideas though, I don't have much of a problem with LFS as it is now. And simpler to skin :P .

I think i understood Knght_Atack and i agree with him.
LFS will never become a NFS (that i can be sure of, dont come with that never say never stuff) BUT you know, visual modifications that are small and affect performance in a positive way (like a wing to trade of speed for stability) that i agree.
Quote from Knight_Atack :I know that, but I was thinking of changes that actually show/visible, or have a more significant difference to the car handling/performance, for example adding an extra wing/winglet for support, wider brake air intake (for brake demanding circuits), etc. Just ideas though, I don't have much of a problem with LFS as it is now. And simpler to skin :P .

Set front springs to 200 N/mm, rear springs to 20 N/mm. Now set the front springs to 20 N/mm and the rear springs to 200 N/mm. Compare the handling. How do you expect to get a more significant difference than that?
Quote from Knight_Atack :And simpler to skin :P .

There's another point. Visible tuning would completely change the way skinning works. Indeed it would probably make it impossible unless there was an in-game skinning/visual upgrade garage like :0 NFS. How else would we skin all these different wings and bodykits? We would no longer have the nice photoshop skins like we do now, in fact I don't think we would have skins at all. If we did, they would all be made with all the same vinyls, numbers, etc. (which the devs would have to waste time making) Skinning is one of the most enjoyable parts of LFS, I would hate to see it go because someone wants a stupid little wing on their car.
Go back to NFS with your neons and stuff
Quote from Forbin :Set front springs to 200 N/mm, rear springs to 20 N/mm. Now set the front springs to 20 N/mm and the rear springs to 200 N/mm. Compare the handling. How do you expect to get a more significant difference than that?

I think what he meant was that fiddling with the suspension, tires and brakes is fine tuning to get those last hundred milliseconds round the track. Forexample with the tires, like in real life, adding abit of caster wont necessarily change the whole car and its handling in a way you can feel it, but added up with all the others changes you will for some tracks get a better handling car than others.

But if you add a new exhaust, cams and stuff and suddenly have 20 more hp, or some bigger brakes instead of just adding pressure then you wouldt have significant better performance you should be a tool to miss or "not feel"

And another thing.. tuning is what we do to the suspension, tires, and if it was possible to the engine (airflow, valvetiming etc.). Upgrades is what knight attack is talking about, where you add bigger and/or better parts. Seems like your talking pass each other because you use same word for different things.
there is one thing i don't get............................why the hell does someone put NeonZ under his ******* car ?
Quote from G!NhO :there is one thing i don't get............................why the hell does someone put NeonZ under his ******* car ?

D'uh - because it's cheaper than a good metal detector and makes more sense since coins, jewellery and such are usually on the surface of the tarmac unlike say at beaches, etc.
Didn't you know? Each neon stripe adds 1hp per cm.

More parts wouldn't affect the skinning at all though. Look at the files for the XRG, XRT and XRR. Each one has different parts and they all fit on the same skin. It might need the whole thing rearranged though, which would mess up current skins, but there's still a lot of clear space in the bottom right of skin files that could be used up.

I'm not going to put my C&P in here. For now. You got lucky.
Quote from Zyrez :But if you add a new exhaust, cams and stuff and suddenly have 20 more hp, or some bigger brakes instead of just adding pressure then you wouldt have significant better performance you should be a tool to miss or "not feel"

If you have something that adds 20bhp to a car, then why would anyone *not* use it? You'd just get everyone using the best mods all the time which would defeat the point of having the option, you may as well just have different cars.

I've got an idea - why don't have the option to add a wider bodykit, rear wing and turbo to the XRG? Oh wait, we already do, it's called the XRT. You don't get people choosing to race the XRG when everyone else is in XRTs do you?
I didnt say thats what i wanted. I said what i thought night atack meant.

I dont wanna add things, (thats the NFS part). I wanna tune the engine to different peak power, revlimits, hp/torque grahp and so on, so like with the suspension you can tune it for different tracks and have a advantage.
How do you suggest we change all of that without using aftermarket parts?

A stock car is a stock car because it's stock. An upgraded car is an upgraded car because it has non-stock parts designed to improve performance. You can't just decide that one day your pistons are stronger or your exhaust system is more efficient.

Flaming NFS
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG