The online racing simulator
Can't be completely happy with the result, 2nd and 4th for Finland, but ffs, a better result was expected..
Quote from Qurpiz :Can't be completely happy with the result, 2nd and 4th for Finland, but ffs, a better result was expected..

Who cares? F1 is not about countries

I´m glad Piquet finished ahead Alonso, and nice defensive driving by Trulli and Weber
This track should really go, its consistency in hosting boring races is just outrageous.
Not too much to comment on.

I'd like to see Kimi get some more solid races in.
Shaping up to be a good season for Ferrari. Already have won 5 of the 8 races.
Quote of the weekend:

"I love coming from the back"
- Hamilton before the race started in an ITV interview (don't know if it's been posted already).

Read into it what you want.
Quote from mr_x :Quote of the weekend:

- Hamilton before the race started in an ITV interview (don't know if it's been posted already).

Well, too bad he didn't.

Oh wait, it's probably a good thing he didn't!
Quote from hardcoreobscure :Hamilton said before the race his mate sent him a message saying...

"its easy to win from the front, but winning from back in the field makes legends"

Probably Intrepid.
Quote from amp88 :The thing about the Ferrari and FIA conspiracy theory is that it falls down on a few key points. Ferrari excluded Schumacher from the championship in 1997 for his move on Villeneuve (clearly the move was against the regs and he deserved to be punished but they could have just excluded him from that race - not from the entire championship). They also put him at the back of the grid at Monaco in 2006 - the most difficult track to pass on in the calendar when he was going for his 8th world championship. They could have ruled it was a racing incident if they wanted to - they would have if the conspiracy theories were true. The only real piece of "good luck" Ferrari got was when Alonso was penalised for holding up Massa in quali Italy 2006 but we've since seen that penalty applied for the same offence numerous times.

load of old b******s

the 97 season meant nothing to scumaster and ****arri because they didnt win the titles.....so it wasnt a punishment. they should have excluded him from the NEXT season, that would have hurt!
as for the monaco qualy incident, if anyone else had parked on the track, and he did park it..........they would had been D/Q and rightly so.
and dont even mention the alonso/massa incident...that was a complete and utter joke!
also, remember the 5mm bargeboards on the red cars? being too big? can you inagine another team getting away with that in a sport where micromillimeters count?
Quote from mr grady :load of old b******s

the 97 season meant nothing to scumaster and ****arri because they didnt win the titles.....so it wasnt a punishment. they should have excluded him from the NEXT season, that would have hurt!
as for the monaco qualy incident, if anyone else had parked on the track, and he did park it..........they would had been D/Q and rightly so.
and dont even mention the alonso/massa incident...that was a complete and utter joke!
also, remember the 5mm bargeboards on the red cars? being too big? can you inagine another team getting away with that in a sport where micromillimeters count?

lets just say FIA is a completely stuffed up organisation with a president that's too busy being spanked in the ass...

and that Ferrari seems to be at the favourable receiving ends of their decisions more often than other teams... (well way more often perhaps)

but FIA did do their bits to try to slow down Ferrari, but that was when Ferrari were dominating and people are starting to not bother about the racing, cos there weren't any...
wasn't that because the stewards measured it in a wrong way.
heheheHamilton, that noob. I don't like his childish behavior.... Cutting the track and gainig a position with it. Did he really think that he wouldn't get penalty, because he is THE HAMILTON??? Meh, I really hate this guy now...:thumbsdow
Quote from mr_x :Quote of the weekend:

LOL What a muppet he is
Quote from thisnameistaken :Probably Intrepid.

Rofl...

Before this year i liked hatemelol. But saying stuff like that on TV, who does he think he is?? slimy little tw?*t
Quote from Jertje : Trulli.

Good defensive driving by Trulli imo.

HK was having a laugh if he thought that was a realistic passing opportunity.
Scooter he is
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Scooter he is

What, is he Back in the UK?
<shudder>

Well not till next week anyways............
Quote from Töki (HUN) : I don't like his childish behavior.... Cutting the track and gainig a position with it.

wtf has leaving the track because of oversteer have to do with being childish? I'm beginning to wonder how many of you even saw the incident. Did they show it from onboard in the world feed? He passed Vettel, turned in, got oversteer, countersteered and left the track. He was already completly past Vettel when he had the OS moment. That's not the same as braking too late, not even trying to make the corner and accelerating along the escape route, overtaking another car on the way.

I'll agree that he and the team should have anticipated the problem and played safe by letting Vettel through but the penalty was still way out of line.
OK. Now all you Johnny Foreigners stop knocking Lewis Hamilton.

We loyal British Subjects (Gawd bless you Ma'am) have a constitutional right [1] and a moral duty to make sure that any British sportsman or sportswoman who demonstrates anything approaching a natural ability to succeed at international level is placed upon a pedastal.

We use two types of pedestal:
  • A low pedestal making it easier to knock the upstart off.
  • An unstable high pedestal designed such that the upstart will more then likely fall off of his/her own accord.
This system has served us well over the years and we do not need the assistance of other nations in preparing our fine honed failures.

Thank you.

[1] The Scots have a special clause allowing them to be particularly vitriolic should the upstart be English.
Quote from OldBloke :OK. Now all you Johnny Foreigners stop knocking Lewis Hamilton.

We loyal British Subjects (Gawd bless you Ma'am) have a constitutional right [1] and a moral duty to make sure that any British sportsman or sportswoman who demonstrates anything approaching a natural ability to succeed at international level is placed upon a pedastal.

We use two types of pedestal:
  • A low pedestal making it easier to knock the upstart off.
  • An unstable high pedestal designed such that the upstart will more then likely fall off of his/her own accord.
This system has served us well over the years and we do not need the assistance of other nations in preparing our fine honed failures.

Thank you.

[1] The Scots have a special clause allowing them to be particularly vitriolic should the upstart be English.

That there be the funniest thing I've read in a very long time!

Al Murray springs to mind!
Quote from NitroNitrous :Who cares? F1 is not about countries
l

You try telling that to the finnish broadcast. Every race they make a big deal about the fact that Finland has collected more points than any other nation this year. Rosbergs points are counted for Germany. I really don't think anyone except the guys at MTV3 Max (the channel that has the most complete coverage from F1 in the world, according to them...) gives a shit.
So? You're not seriously trying to argue that Hatemelolmania doesn't exist on ITV? Aren't all commentators a little biased?
Quote from hyntty :So? You're not seriously trying to argue that Hatemelolmania doesn't exist on ITV? Aren't all commentators a little biased?

I didn't say that, I just meant IMO it gets a bit funny when they make it sound like such a big deal, when everyone knows it doesn't matter at all.
Matter of the fact is, I don't think Hamilton or any other driver would have attempted pass like that if there was graveltrap instead of smooth surface to drive through.

F1 2008 French GP ***SPOILERS***
(294 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG