The online racing simulator
McLaren extended theirs, and Ferrari reduced theirs, but they didn't quite meet in the middle according to reports at the official launches. Ferrari is still the longer wheelbased car as far as I know.
Quote from tristancliffe :McLaren extended theirs, and Ferrari reduced theirs, but they didn't quite meet in the middle according to reports at the official launches. Ferrari is still the longer wheelbased car as far as I know.

Wrong, Mclaren had to add an extra 10 foot for this GP, Hamiltons ego wouldn't fit in the car otherwise.
Quote from tristancliffe :McLaren extended theirs, and Ferrari reduced theirs, but they didn't quite meet in the middle according to reports at the official launches. Ferrari is still the longer wheelbased car as far as I know.

lol just had this idea of both the ferrari's and the mclarens having a small gap in the middle of their cars because the wheelbases don't quite meet in the middle
Couldn't help myself with this one, last Hamilton joke, honest...

The Ferrari was longer...until Hamilton shortened it.
Alonso fastest right at the end there! awesome stuff from him, really hanging the back end out, thats what I like to see!
Quote from tinvek :lol just had this idea of both the ferrari's and the mclarens having a small gap in the middle of their cars because the wheelbases don't quite meet in the middle

LOL! I might feel a photoshop moment coming on...

But I might not...
Quote from hardcoreobscure :Alonso fastest right at the end there! awesome stuff from him, really hanging the back end out, thats what I like to see!

He does that since the start of the season... I for one was hugely impressed with his driving from Australia on after years of his on/off steering... You really see he's driving the car on the limit...
just an idea.........

will mclaren run kov light in qualy to get him ahead of the ferraris? and thus let him control the pace while hammy fights through the field?

Quote from mr grady :just an idea.........

will mclaren run kov light in qualy to get him ahead of the ferraris? and thus let him control the pace while hammy fights through the field?

With the high chance of rain, and plenty of opportunities for safety car periods, probably not.

Everything will depend on their pace in Q1 and Q2 I think. If Kovi's pace is good, he might go for a two-stopper but not too light in case there is an SC incident early on. If pace is behind the Ferrari team, then perhaps a one-stopper.

Also there is a new SC routine they have to follow. Apparently their ECUs are now programmed so that when the SC is deployed, the drivers press a switch on their steering wheel which automatically limits their speed.
SC speed button doesn't make any sense. Why have it?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :SC speed button doesn't make any sense. Why have it?

Maybe to prevent them spinning under SC lol?

Imo BMW is not to be counted ut as they allways seem to play a slowpoke at free practices and then just come out of nowhere
Quote from mr grady :will mclaren run kov light in qualy to get him ahead of the ferraris? and thus let him control the pace while hammy fights through the field?

There's always talk of strategies like that whenever a championship contender has a bad grid spot, but it never happens. Even Schumacher didn't get service like that.
Alonso was in the same postion last year(well he started 10th which is the best hatemelol can possiblely get), and stuggled to get past the BMWs(which were much slower then this year).

Im going to say Hatemelol will get 7-8th if he gets an average start, 5th if he gets a blinding start and last if he repeats Bahrain.

Massa will get pole with kov 2nd on light load and kimi will pass him in the race and make it a Ferrari 1-2.
Any streaming links for outside the UK anyone please?

:P
The thing I most care about in this race event is High Def! NICE!
Get to see that McLaren in all it's glory! That is going to get saved to my DVR for life.
Quote from Mustafur :Alonso was in the same postion last year(well he started 10th which is the best hatemelol can possiblely get.

Errr ... if Hamilton is quickest doesn't he start in 11th place?
Quote from OldBloke :Errr ... if Hamilton is quickest doesn't he start in 11th place?

Correct.
Im guessing he will go on a heavy load and probably get 5th or 6th in qualifiy and start 16th.
His pace during practice bears out that theory.

Practice 3 has just finished. Renault is having fun with Nelson Piquet on top this time, Mark Webber just 0.009 second behind, Vettel nipping at Webber's wings, BMW gains weight, while the "Force" seems weak with Force India.

Times:
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2008/794/6524/
Can't wait for qualiy to start!

Qualifiying will be very important in this race so we may see some back benchers going higher then usual.
They say there is a chance of rain but I can't find anything on the net that suggests much rain at all...

Hourly Report

Im still hoping for rain but I'm not sure it will arrive in time
i think if it rained in qualiy and then was dry in the race you would see more fun then the other way around.

Remember Suzuka 05 anyone?

F1 2008 French GP ***SPOILERS***
(294 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG