The online racing simulator
Forgetting Sarah Marshall http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800039/ Just funny.. bit slow pace @ beginning. but good comedy =D And the actors did a good job... Some memorable moments and good music.. Recommend good fun... Its not a slapstick comedy.. more about relationships but .. still ... Just a good movie
I've just seen 7eventy 5ive (info) I liked it, really.
  • Hackers
    "Hack the planet!"
  • Matrix
    "Woah..."
  • Top Gun
    "This is Ghostrider requesting a flyby."
  • Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
    "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
    "This, is, Sparta!!!"
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    "Red. No blue! AHHHH!!!"
  • Superbad
    "I am McLovin."
  • Snatch
    "I hate pikeys."
  • Independence Day
    "Welcome to Earth."
  • Jeremy Clarkson Supercar Showdown
    "Bonkers!"
  • Faster
    "At the beginning, when you try the first time, the 500, ahhhh fahhk..."

EDIT: and more...
  • Blazing Saddles
    "Yeah but it shoot with this one."
  • Cannonball Run
    "Could get a black Trans Am. Nah, that's been done."
Another really good one I saw recently, and the only decent Norwegian film to make it into international waters in recent years (though Svidd Neger was pretty good):

Reprise
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0827517/

edit: lol @ the plot keywords for Svidd Neger: "Violence | Reindeer | Nudity | Mushroom | Masturbation"
Not sure if it's been said already in here (too lazy to read the whole thread), but I really enjoyed 'Sunshine' when I watched it on TV the other day.

Good modern Sci-Fi, which are few and far between these days!
Friday Night Lights
Its a good movie, and based off a true story it almost seems unbeliveable at times but its all real. You be the judge.
Salute of the Jugger. The USA-version is called Blood of Heroes, but I'd steer away from it. The longer international edit is much better storywise. Differences are little but crucial.

The best sport movie ever (plus it's post-apocalyptic).
I must say that one of my fav movies has definitely been Green mile. IMO it has that little something in it.

Can't think of any other THAT good movies that you'd know of.

A good estonian movie, that won quite many awards in various european film festivals.

Read the plot and the comment at the bottom, presumably as you cba to watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0834170/
I really like the Transformers movie, if you like action and not too much talking then transformers is the best movie :biggun:
Very VERY surprised, but I enjoyed the 2nd part of Chronicles of Narnia...(Prince Caspian)..MUCH better than the first attempt!
Another pleasant surprise was Iron Man
Ironman, one of the better movies I've seen in a while.
City On Fire - Chow Yan Fat stars as an undercover cop, in a gritty crime action movie. Apparently it was the influence for Tarantino to do Reservoir Dogs. The kind of movie that was done so well in Hong Kong during the late 80's earlier 90's.

Hard Boiled - A marvellous John Woo movie full of style and substance, if you have played Stranglehold, it's a more extreme movie version. Stars Chow Yan Fat playing officer Tequila, lots of gun action stunts and, unlike John Woo of late, a very good plot.

Although these two movies are nearly 20 years old, they still hold their own against the CGI generation. Watch these movies, and no doubt you can pick them up cheap at HMV.
Dead Man`s Shoes - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419677/ - One of the finest films I`ve ever seen. Best not to read much about it and I`m not going to give anything away, but as long as you don`t mind some very heavy english accents, it`s an absolute stunner.
Quote from mrbogeyman :
Not sure if it's been said already in here (too lazy to read the whole thread), but I really enjoyed 'Sunshine' when I watched it on TV the other day.

Imho, a huge disappointment for me. Watched it some months ago with my friends and the film was just boring. It was a bit like the Artificial Intelligence: AI film.

Imho, that kind of scifi is something to stay away from.
Sunshine had a lot of things going for it (cinematography, score, actors), but the story was lacking and the metaphysical aspects weren't very well thought out at all. Landed really flat for me, despite all the dazzle.

Sort of like The Fountain.
The Rock.
It's not a new movie, but saw it yesterday. Well-balanced action movie, easy to understand, not too silly, good actors and enjoyable cliffhangers. Enjoyed every minute of it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117500/
I remember seeing Sunshine at the cinema last year on my b'day, and was blown away by the cinematography, it's nowhere near as good on the small(er) screen.

I recently saw 28 weeks later, and really enjoyed it, also watched Planet Terror and Deathproof again, both awesome films, and saw Knocked Up, funniest film I have seen in a long time
In bruges is very good! Been a long time I've enjoyed every line of the dialogue in a movie!
Quote from danowat :I remember seeing Sunshine at the cinema last year on my b'day, and was blown away by the cinematography, it's nowhere near as good on the small(er) screen.

Get a screen with a nice framing (basically a black frame helps a lot) and a projector!
Quote from mrbogeyman :

I had heard it was good and watched it hopeful it was true, but was let down. Nice effects and great direction, but a weak plot I felt. I think the straw which broke the camel's back was the fire in THE oxygen garden. The single oxygen garden, which they depend on totally? Come on, it might be sci-fi, but if we're to care for the characters it has to at least be plausible. Lazy writing.
I am REALLY looking forward to "The Happening", trailers look awesome, and I LOVE "night's" films
Quote from danowat :I am REALLY looking forward to "The Happening", trailers look awesome, and I LOVE "night's" films

I wouldn't get too excited.

Early word is insanely negative, and given the quality of acting/writing on display in the trailer it's not too surprising.

Also, I've heard the twist and it's by far his most retarded to date.
I saw "Disturbia" at home this weekend, and "Forgetting Saraah Marshall" in the cinema which was an awesome movie

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG