The online racing simulator
Mirror position BUG?
Since Y18, i think , anyway...

Can u fix this BUG with mirror position, pls.

Before XFG
After XFG

XFR:
Mirror offset lateral 0.260 m
Mirror offset vertical 0.062 m

XFR offset

XFG:
Mirror offset lateral 0.238 m
Mirror offset vertical 0.044 m

XFG offset

Example: XFR > XFG, XFG > XFR.
Then, restart LFS (use XFR) and everything is OK...

XFR offset

btw, 1280x1024 32 bit here...

RGDS
Attached images
Before_XFG.png
After_XFG.png
XFG_offset.png
XFR_offset.png
Since Y19,sometimes my pit background dissapear and goes all black.Happened to me 3 times and one of my friend had it happening 1 time.
Do you know how to reproduce that? What did you click, how did it happen? If you can describe how to do it then I can fix it. I guess you don't know exactly how but maybe you can remember something...
I had that once was on multiplayer then pitted and it was black. I only pressed shift+p i quit the pits went back in and it was fine again.
Quote from Luke.S :I had that once was on multiplayer then pitted and it was black. I only pressed shift+p i quit the pits went back in and it was fine again.

did you see ONLY Black, or did you see some other stuff?
scawen i seem to be having a problem. When im playing it has major FPS drops. sometimes it lags between frames. I fix it by doing Shift+4 then Shift+4 again. (It was running in windowed but this hapens in full screen also) Do you know what causes this?
Quote from Scawen :Do you know how to reproduce that? What did you click, how did it happen? If you can describe how to do it then I can fix it. I guess you don't know exactly how but maybe you can remember something...

I tryed to reproduce it and wasn't able to.I was just pitting normaly and the background was already black.I don't remember if the car still had reflections on it,next time it happen i'm gonna check that.
Scawen,

I noticed a couple of things in the Controls screen (FWIW):

1. In the Buttons 2 section you can set a button for triggering the rear view. It can be set, but when you press that button on track, nothing happens. I think that's expected because IIRC you removed the rear view, but then that setting should be removed too.

2. In the Axes/FF section, when you click on some control (like Steer) a help text appears at the bottom of the scren that reads "Select axis for : Steer (ESC - cancel / DEL - none)". But it doesn't say that you have to press Return to validate your choice. Since you have to do it only when setting an axis (not a button or a key), it might be cool to mention it.
Quote from FL!P :Scawen,
2. In the Axes/FF section, when you click on some control (like Steer) a help text appears at the bottom of the scren that reads "Select axis for : Steer (ESC - cancel / DEL - none)". But it doesn't say that you have to press Return to validate your choice. Since you have to do it only when setting an axis (not a button or a key), it might be cool to mention it.

I dont have to press Enter after turning a wheel (my G25)
Quote from FL!P :1. In the Buttons 2 section you can set a button for triggering the rear view. It can be set, but when you press that button on track, nothing happens. I think that's expected because IIRC you removed the rear view, but then that setting should be removed too.

Not true, on race cars it will show the rear mirror, on road cars it will actually show a rear view.
Quote from FL!P :2. In the Axes/FF section, when you click on some control (like Steer) a help text appears at the bottom of the scren that reads "Select axis for : Steer (ESC - cancel / DEL - none)". But it doesn't say that you have to press Return to validate your choice. Since you have to do it only when setting an axis (not a button or a key), it might be cool to mention it.

Errr, you don't have to validate the choice
You simply click on "Steer" in the function list, then for example on "X-axis" in the list of available axes to the right.
Some problems:
- When you load a replay that goes OOS after some time and you move the timeline slider into the OOS section, LFS will show no error message and it looks like the game hangs (moving the timeline isn't possible anymore). Pressing Esc recovers LFS, but imo it should do that itself and show an error message.
- The < and > controls don't seem to work with my German keyboard layout. They are also both on the same key and you have to press shift to get the >. I think it would be better to just use the arrow keys because these are the keys I would expect to use in a game for replays controls - without the need to look them up in a manual.

Edit: In the garage screen when I select a default set and try to move one of the sliders I get a "cannot change default set"-message spamming.

(sorry if those points have already been posted, couldn't be bothered to read nearly 8 pages of "you are god"-messages)
Attached images
spam.jpg
Attached files
crash.spr - 86.5 KB - 411 views
With my spanish keyboard, the controls of the replay, and the controls for making layouts are not < > (near to the "z". I have to use the other side: "," and "." who are into the right of the "M"

I think the most of you also has to use this keys instead the < >
Quote from GP4Flo :- The < and > controls don't seem to work with my German keyboard layout. They are also both on the same key and you have to press shift to get the >. I think it would be better to just use the arrow keys because these are the keys I would expect to use in a game for replays controls - without the need to look them up in a manual.

they work just fine if you know where they are on a us layout (, and .) just like they always have to change the ffb without using the options menu
Quote from GP4Flo :- When you load a replay that goes OOS after some time and you move the timeline slider into the OOS section, LFS will show no error message and it looks like the game hangs (moving the timeline isn't possible anymore). Pressing Esc recovers LFS, but imo it should do that itself and show an error message.

You are the first to mention this but I thought of it yesterday and the fix is (as you suggest) that it breaks out of fast forwarding at that point so you see the OOS error message.

Quote from GP4Flo :- The < and > controls don't seem to work with my German keyboard layout. They are also both on the same key and you have to press shift to get the >. I think it would be better to just use the arrow keys because these are the keys I would expect to use in a game for replays controls - without the need to look them up in a manual.

The arrow keys were the first idea but they can't be used because the replay controls work in SHIFT+U mode and the arrow keys are already used there.

About < and > ... as Shotglass says, they are the same keys as "less force" and "more force". On my keyboard "<" and ">" are the same as COMMA (,) and FULL STOP (.)

So... maybe it's just the documentation that needs changing? Is it in fact COMMA and FULL STOP on ALL keyboards?
Shotglass, I was faster than you hehe
-
(blackbird04217) DELETED by Bob Smith : you can delete your own posts you know...
Quote from AndroidXP :Not true, on race cars it will show the rear mirror, on road cars it will actually show a rear view.

Ah OK, I missed that. Thank you.

Quote :Errr, you don't have to validate the choice
You simply click on "Steer" in the function list, then for example on "X-axis" in the list of available axes to the right.

Yes, but as long as you don't press return, you can change the same setting by using a different axis. It's only when you press return that your choice is "fixed" (and the help text at the bottom disappears). At least in my experience.
i dont want to read whole thread, so now in single player I can not get the AIs the new fuel tank(porcent), in the options i have ais with the same skin/set. in the previous patches i had to remove ais from the grid, then re add ais and they have the new set. i do that but nothing happends.
Bug Report:

.. or sort of.
When using the in-game menu to add AA/AF, and THEN try to fraps it, it fraps @ 10fps or less.
Put in-game AA/AF to zero, then via nVidia control panel add the AA/AF (to 8x/16x), and I can fraps @ 45fps...

Something's fishy, or just not quite optimized correctly.
Not that BIG a bug, maybe just me, but depending on the code itself, a quick look might work (or a quick look might just not BE possible )
It's not BUG of LFS. Try with other game
Quote from Scawen :The thing that worries me about LFS on Vista from LFS is the auto updater. You know more about this than me because I don't have Vista, and I'm very happy to to have it... but in Vista's default mode it doesn't allow LFS to simply download and install an update. I know it comes up with dialogs and so on asking the user about running as an administrator and so on. I'm sure there is some logic behind it but it's not easy for new users to understand..

I can' t remember i had such problems, i will note any problems and report them next time the auto-updater has something to update.
Quote from Jonas8431 :i dont want to read whole thread, so now in single player I can not get the AIs the new fuel tank(porcent), in the options i have ais with the same skin/set. in the previous patches i had to remove ais from the grid, then re add ais and they have the new set. i do that but nothing happends.

I'm not really sure what you mean. At least since Patch Y you can't select the fuel load for AI drivers - they will do that for themselves. And fuel load is not part of the setup (although it is in the garage screen).

So the option "AI use player setup" should allow you to specify the setup used by AI but not the fuel load.

Quote from Bluebird B B :I can' t remember i had such problems, i will note any problems and report them next time the auto-updater has something to update.

As far as I know, it's ok if you run LFS as an administrator or if you switch off the UAC. Is that what you do? My limited understanding is that many Vista users just run everything as administrator to avoid the various issues that can come up with software that has not been fully adapted to deal with Vista.
Quote from Jonas8431 :i dont want to read whole thread, so now in single player I can not get the AIs the new fuel tank(porcent), in the options i have ais with the same skin/set. in the previous patches i had to remove ais from the grid, then re add ais and they have the new set. i do that but nothing happends.

Quick work-around: If you want to have them use the same fuel load as you for their first stint, then set the number of laps for the race to as many as the amount of fuel you want to use permits then when the race starts, pause the game and set the laps to a bigger number with the /laps command.
UAC is off.
It is a useless functionality on home-system.

The only way microsoft can make a system secure is by shutting off functionality
Quote from xaotik :Quick work-around...

ok that works, but if i want a qualify for 30 munutes, the ais dont realod tank, they always start with 5(porcent), then they go to boxes and turn off engines.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y19 (and Y20) Replay Controls
(417 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG