The online racing simulator
Quote from Flame CZE :you are so lazy that you cant press F2?

True, true

But there is a button for change view and change player
Y20 - in the options menu, you can't rotate the custom camera view, but you can do all the other view movement options.

In a normal race, you can rotate the custom camera view.

Edit - already been mentioned.
That's bad. I just had an idea for making Live For Speed video and i really need custom view movement. Is there any program to do it?
Well.....a bit reactionary when all that is really needed is clearer instructions about TURNING OFF THE GODDAM USELESS user acount control, then it stops all those annoying pop ups when proggy updates are trying to install themselves. it's annoying but there's plenty other things in life that annoy me far more...
Quote from al heeley :Well.....a bit reactionary when all that is really needed is clearer instructions about TURNING OFF THE GODDAM USELESS user acount control, then it stops all those annoying pop ups when proggy updates are trying to install themselves. it's annoying but there's plenty other things in life that annoy me far more...

EH??!?

You gone off the deep end, mate?
I think Al's hit reply to something a few pages back, not realising there have been one or two hundred posts since. It's my favourite trick, too
Quote from AndroidXP :How about, not at all? AA/AF is not forced, you know...

Well it appears to be. At least in my experience you turn it on just to try it out and then it refuses to turn off again.

That's under Vista with the latest nvidia drivers (1175.16).
What does Scawen mean by the FXR.lfs and XRR.lfs are now sequential?
-
(word.) DELETED by word.
It's purely for scripting, there is a script file for each car, and there is also a script file for every car that has a sequential gearbox. So if you wan't to change parameters on every car that has a sequential gearbox you would put the desired script in the sequential.lfs file, rather then putting the script in each of the cars files. I guess that he must have forgot to update previous versions to include the FXR.lfs and XRR.lfs to include the sequential.lfs.
SO it's realy just a tiny bug fix.
He did forget and you're correct.
If it's solved bug, I'm sorry. and It insn't a topic of Replay Controls.
When strong G-force acts on the car, I think that the inertia of the name on the car is too strong?
Sorry for my bad anglish. Plz look at the blue line of this video.

Anyway,great update.
Bug report
I found a small script bug... Y20

In data/script/F08.lfs folder there is "run paddle". But in LFS setup screen, there's sequential gearbox. I think it should be "run sequential" there.
This is not a bug. A sequential gearbox could be used by a stick or by paddles. With paddles you need electronics, but the way it works is the same
im not sure if this is a bug, but, with the new test patch when you have the default colour selected, by this i mean you cant change the colour, it tells you to make your own custom colour if you know what i mean, well now when you have the default colour, and you drag one of the colour bars you get heaps of error messages, but the bar moves but the colour dosnt change. ill take some screenshots, gimme 5 minutes.

edit: here we go
Attached images
bug.jpg
bug2.jpg
bug3.jpg
Yes I see it and understand you. I think it's a bug.

edit: when you change default colour, it changes! just click on the colour button (on the left list of colours) again after changing the colour by a slider. when you press Esc and go back again to setup screen, it's all OK.

So:
go to setup screen
select a default colour
move one of the sliders to adjust the colour
press OK at the message "cant change default...."
select again the same default colour
Attached images
11.jpg
12.jpg
excellent reporting team, that should provide scawen with enough evidence to try and fix this matter
Oh, i found next bug in Y and Y20 too

1) go to singleplayer screen
2) go to Garage
3) press the Car button and OK button quickly after each other

when you go back to Cars screen, then it's OK.
Attached files
Bug.zip - 1007.5 KB - 264 views
that dosnt happen to me?
Quote from mickyc30 :that dosnt happen to me?

ok you must be quicker... before the Cars screen will appear...

maybe its not that important bug... nobody is clicking so quick

edit: maybe bug - Y - Y20 : shen at shift+u mode, force feedback doesnt work
#370 - dev
Quote from Flame CZE :Oh, i found next bug in Y and Y20 too

1) go to singleplayer screen
2) go to Garage
3) press the Car button and OK button quickly after each other

I lost all background images after that... took some practice to hit the button that fast :P
I can reproduce that, too.

- Click on "car"
- Click on "OK" very quickly (helps if you're full screen, just drag the mouse down left and click)

All backgrounds are gone and only show black. If you enter and exit the car screen again, everything is back to normal.

It seems like after clicking on "car", LFS internally starts disabling the background for the car selection screen, which is normally re-enabled once you click the OK button of the selection screen. However if you're fast enough, you can actually still hit the OK button of the garage screen, which overrides the current action and boots you to the single player lobby, with the background is still disabled.
Yes exactly.

a little offtopic:

The only one solution is: don't be quicker than the program
Would it be possible to be able to have any Shift-N commands to be always shown on the screen? I cannot click on any drivers because when I move the mouse in the replay, it disappears and I have to tab through each driver to find the one I need.
Quote from mickyc30 :im not sure if this is a bug, but, with the new test patch when you have the default colour selected, by this i mean you cant change the colour, it tells you to make your own custom colour if you know what i mean, well now when you have the default colour, and you drag one of the colour bars you get heaps of error messages, but the bar moves but the colour dosnt change. ill take some screenshots, gimme 5 minutes.

edit: here we go

Are you using Y20 or Y19? The repeated error messages were reported in Y19 and fixed in Y20.

Quote from Flame CZE :Yes I see it and understand you. I think it's a bug.

edit: when you change default colour, it changes! just click on the colour button (on the left list of colours) again after changing the colour by a slider. when you press Esc and go back again to setup screen, it's all OK.

So:
go to setup screen
select a default colour
move one of the sliders to adjust the colour
press OK at the message "cant change default...."
select again the same default colour

OK, I see this can be done in Y20 (but without the repeated error messages).

Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Would it be possible to be able to have any Shift-N commands to be always shown on the screen? I cannot click on any drivers because when I move the mouse in the replay, it disappears and I have to tab through each driver to find the one I need.

I think you are using Y19. This was sorted out quite nicely in Y20.
Cheers, I should have looked at the first post at the very bottom =)
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y19 (and Y20) Replay Controls
(417 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG