The online racing simulator
For some reason I lost my sky. On all tracks the sky is black. I'm doing some testing now to see if I can correct it myself.
Its dynamc weather...thunderstorm coming
Quote from Scawen :OK, thanks for explaining why the connections list needs to be visible during a replay while the mouse is moving. I'll have a look at that.

In addition to the connections list, some of us like to change players using TAB and SHIFT+TAB looking at the race positions shown when the connetions list is off. When the time bar is on you can't see
the positions so although you can change using TAB you don't know who you are focusing as you can't see the name with the little arrow pointing to it.

Actually I don't find it very useful either to hide the F9-F12 graphs when the time bar pops in. Maybe it's just a thing of both things sharing the same location on the screen.

This new patch is great. It's not totally awesome yet as it has to "reload" from the beginning when you want to rewind, but it's very useful indeed
Started LFS and thought like... AWESOME
Quote from Ramses :For some reason I lost my sky. On all tracks the sky is black. I'm doing some testing now to see if I can correct it myself.

I lost it too. Interesting thing is that in mirrors the sky is present.

I'm downloading fresh Y version, to check whether any mods caused that.

WinXP, Mobility Radeon 9000 - driver ver: 6.14.10.6525
Quote from yaper :I lost it too. Interesting thing is that in mirrors the sky is present.

Really? Do you mean sky or only a solid color? If its a sky, its very strange...
Quote from Soeren Scharf :ok, but how do I check the SHIFT-F state via insim now? There is only one bit ISS_SHOW_2D available to report the SHIFT-F state.
And how do I change the SHIFT-F state with insim now? In the IS_SFP state flags packet there is only 0 = off and 1 = on defined.

regards
Soeren

You can only detect the old two modes. I did consider InSim and I thought, well, it's just the same as before, no change so no problem.

The 3rd state I consider to be just something extra, intended for making movies (for example so you can move the mouse to manually control a camera in SHIFT+U mode). I guess that if you use an external program to control the camera when making a movie, then you don't need to move the mouse over the LFS screen? And for a TV director system I guess there is no need to disable the appearance of the replay controls?

If there is a need to have this reported to and set by InSim then please explain the situation (or any other issues created by the user's ability to go back and forward).

Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Another lovely update...thanks.

The SPR replay takes much longer to get to a position then an MPR. Is it really just simulating all at high speed and AI takes that much more power?

There is no AI in a SPR, only the starting point and then all driver inputs are stored. So an SPR must run through full physics to get to any point.

In the case on an MPR, it only needs to run in physics for the last second or so, because an MPR works (like multiplayer) by continual position updates. MPR fast forwarding is faster because it's just skipping through the packets and positioning the cars, not running physics.

Quote from MaKaKaZo :Actually I don't find it very useful either to hide the F9-F12 graphs when the time bar pops in. Maybe it's just a thing of both things sharing the same location on the screen.

Yes, it looks awful when 2D elements overlap and that's why those things vanish when the timeline appears. I haven't looked into it yet but I guess the connections list and the positions list could just be moved up when the replay controller appears. It's not nice having things jumping up and down though and can get complicated to keep things in control as there are so many 2D elements that can appear, so I don't suppose I'll be changing anything for the F9 to F12 menus / virtual speedo etc.
After a little more testing I found one problem.

Start a replay(I tried it with various Y18 MPR files).
Press Shift-U, set follow car to yes.
Press Space to hide the Shift-U controls.
Click on the timeline to fast forward to a place which isn't visible from the start.

The result is (at least here) that LFS doesn't display all textures in time or at all.
Attached images
lfs_00000964.jpg
#59 - Byku
Beautiful update .
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :After a little more testing I found one problem.

Click on the timeline to fast forward to a place which isn't visible from the start.

The result is (at least here) that LFS doesn't display all textures in time or at all.

It happends to me too. But then if you change view, it's OK.
Quote from Ramses :For some reason I lost my sky. On all tracks the sky is black. I'm doing some testing now to see if I can correct it myself.

Quote from yaper :I lost it too. Interesting thing is that in mirrors the sky is present.

I assume you can see the sky in the mirrors because it is just a plain colour.

Does this happen every time you run LFS? Any way to reproduce or not reproduce it?

Single player / multiplayer / any unusual menu sequence you used to get into the game?
Sweet update. I have a feeling that the cars do seem a little lighter, or maybe its just running smoother...

and BTW, what is the XFR doing on dirt?
#63 - Dru
great job - will make movie making so much quicker
#64 - Byku

It happens to me too .
Attached images
sd.JPG

yeah i have the same think ,

but when i use view from above(in shift u mode) i dont have it !
Quote from Scawen :I assume you can see the sky in the mirrors because it is just a plain colour.

Does this happen every time you run LFS? Any way to reproduce or not reproduce it?

Single player / multiplayer / any unusual menu sequence you used to get into the game?

Someone I was online with had the same problem but after reconnecting with the server it was ok again. But for me nothing would accomplish that. I took the install from another computer and replaced all data exept the texture dirs and replay dirs and patched that. Now everything is fine.

EDIT: The guy I was talking about did not have the same problems as me!
Quote from Scawen :I assume you can see the sky in the mirrors because it is just a plain colour.

I installed fresh Y and patched it to Y19.
During the intro it is black, but after going single player it is OK.
Attached images
LFS_BlackSky.jpg

I understand the bug and it is noted (along with the other reported bugs).
Quote from yaper :I installed fresh Y and patched it to Y19.
During the intro it is black, but after going single player it is OK.

OK, I reproduced it by making LFS run an intro replay. We'll see if investigating this helps me to understand how it the sky could go black at other times.
I just noticed 2 things while trying the new patch :

the first thing i did when i started LFS Y19 was of course watching a replay (because of the new replay controls ), so when i wanted to watch a MPR, LFS wants to connect to the internet to check and load skins and because it was the first start of a new patch the "window while connecting" option in multiplayer-menu was still set to "yes", so LFS switched to windowed mode even when loading the MPR, after finishing loading LFS switched back to fullscreen, i don´t know if it its a bug or a feature, but it was the first time i noticed it.

the other thing is, LFS crashes for me (exits to desktop) everytime i do this :

- go to multiplayer-menu from main-menu
- display list of hosts, wait for the list to finish loading
- don´t enter any host and click "back" button to go back to multiplayer-menu
- press "back" again in this menu
--> LFS crashes, but ONLY if i watched a MPR or SPR before these actions, if i go to the multiplayer-menu directly, everthing is fine
EDIT: LFS just crashed for me without watching a replay first...
Didnt find any problem, just the background of the Menu, a little how i say it, pixelated, it's that okay?
Quote from Octane : --> LFS crashes, but ONLY if i watched a MPR or SPR before these actions, if i go to the multiplayer-menu directly, everthing is fine

I could not reproduce that. Does windows report a crash address?
Quote from Octane :
the other thing is, LFS crashes for me (exits to desktop) everytime i do this :

- go to multiplayer-menu from main-menu
- display list of hosts, wait for the list to finish loading
- don´t enter any host and click "back" button to go back to multiplayer-menu
- press "back" again in this menu
--> LFS crashes, but ONLY if i watched a MPR or SPR before these actions, if i go to the multiplayer-menu directly, everthing is fine

I had (I think) the almost exact same reproducable problem ("back" button etc. like you described it) some patches ago. After a complete fresh install it was gone and never happend again.

Found it: It was with X35 see the crash address thread:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=635241#post635241
Quote from Scawen :I could not reproduce that. Does windows report a crash address?

sorry, no crash-adress, but i have visual-studio installed, so it starts as a debugger (but i don´t have any clue about debuggers and any information i can get from it). At first i thought it had soemthing to do with loading a replay first, but it crashed for me without loading a replay before too (As you can see in my edit). It seems to be important that you don´t enter any host, because it never crashed after entering a host and going back to main-menu after that. It never crashed when LFS has loaded the hostlist from cache, but it did crash after refreshing the host list and then exiting to main-menu.

Update: I found something in the Visual Studio Debugger :

its in german, so my rough translation :
unhandled exception at 0x7c809813 in LFS.exe: 0xC0000005:
access violation while writing at position 0x03796460.
Can I play on official Y servers if I install the beta patch or once it's installed, I can only play with other beta testers?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y19 (and Y20) Replay Controls
(417 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG