The online racing simulator
J.B. hasn't always had an avatar :P
when did he get one then? i thought demo racers got restricted ages ago?
He has an S2 account, he just uses his "J.B." account because he used that name on RSC. He's used it (this account) since the LFS Forum opened.

At one point his avatar was removed, but we wont go into that...
Quote from Warper :Patch Y19 killed my gfx card. I installed patch Y19, deactived driver controlled AA and AF and started LFS. I started a standard race at blackwood and while racing i changed AA and AF. After i switched both of them to 4x and 16x i got a black screen after 2 seconds. This was the end of my gfx card. Ok calm down, i just don't think that LFS is able to kill any gfx card but i just wanted to mention it if there is just a slight possibility that i won't be the only one. It was a Nvidia geforce 6600 GT with an old 4x.xx Forceware driver.

Greets,
Warper

I've got a 6600GT as well, and I didn't have any problems o_O
Quote from Jakg :
At one point his avatar was removed, but we wont go into that...

I'm going to bring it back up.

J.B had his avatar removed by XCNuse (boo), and we all started a petition to bring it back. Then it was brought back because we all wanted Brian back, and J.B. is a S2 Licensed racer.
[/off topic]

Great news for the Replay rewind feature, now I can finally get my revenge on that turn one wrecker...
Cool new stuff (first Y test patch for me)!

Although the new menu picture is a bit silly, slicks on rally track. ^^
New replay button popup functionality really is nicer. -Y20

Quote from J.B. :[snip]
-The forward scrolling thingy while you are rewinding seems kind of unpleasant since it's going in the opposite direction of where you want to go. I think just waiting, without graphical representation of LFS starting from the beginning, would be better.
[snip]

But when it's doing that FFWD scrolling you might decide to press ESC, at least you will know where the rewind process is at should you decide. And I was also thinking alot of people like to see "what's going on". It's sort of like a progress bar, and wont cause moments of waiting for a while in limbo, not knowing if your PC has just frozen or not. Just my personal opinion.

Quote from mickyc30 :when i click, to go back a frame, it goes black for a few moments then moves back the frame, it would be better if it was like clicking . to go forward a frame, smooth and not the screen going black.
[snip]

It wont be smooth going back one frame at a time like it is FFWD'ing 1 frame for a while. . The current system has to FFWD the whole replay from the beginnning to jump back one frame. So I guess you will have to wait for that to be optimised in the future.
Scawen what about to do an improvement - when you press the button for lights, the lights will be on until you press the button again. IMO its not hard to make it...

But if you have something more important to do, OK.
Quote from Flame CZE :Scawen what about to do an improvement - when you press the button for lights, the lights will be on until you press the button again. IMO its not hard to make it...

But if you have something more important to do, OK.

What button? What lights?
when you press g (default) and your lights flash.
There is a script somewhere that does the lights.

Besides when the the time comes for darkness and the lights illuminate more than just themselves the button will be there too.
i have pretty stupid kind of bug in this(or its about my computer)
i have to always change the lanuange before i join a server. if i dont change the lanuange it says i couldnt recive guest info
I think codepage bug: - in Y20

I showed a list of online servers and found a server called Dutch Autobahn Racers with ² in the end. I clicked on it and in that screen, there was not the ² but another char. See the attachments.
Attached images
1.gif
2.gif
I only skimmed through the thread, but I think nobody mentioned this yet:

While a MPR is paused, the custom view rotation slider (ESC-Options-View -> Rotate view) doesn't have an instant effect. When you unpause, the view is then rotated to whatever you adjusted the slider to.

In SPR the slider works properly..

EDIT: Y20
Quote from Flame CZE :I think codepage bug: - in Y20

I showed a list of online servers and found a server called Dutch Autobahn Racers with ² in the end. I clicked on it and in that screen, there was not the ² but another char. See the attachments.

same problem when trying to see the licence progress on CTRA.... it shows `````` instead of ||||||| or so.....
Anyone else got a G25 wheel problem?

See attachment
Attached images
lfsproblem.PNG
i have G25 and i dont have any problems
No problems here. Re-install Logitech drivers?
I upgraded wingman profiler from 5.00 to 5.02 today. Is that the problem do you think?
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Anyone else got a G25 wheel problem?

See attachment

My G25 works fine with Y20
Mine too (old drivers)
I'm not too sure what drivers I'm using (whatever it came with :rolleyes but it's fine here with Y20...
EDITED:

I found a bug in Y20:

Whenever you go to the drag strip either in one player or hotlapping mode, and then you go to hotlapping to any combination the start lights are activated and you have to wait for them or otherwise you get a +45 seconds penalty. The only way to make them disappear is coming back to the main menu and then going into hotlapping mode again - changing the car or the track won't solve it.
Hahahaha, did you tried to do a WR with that penalty. I imagine that: Your time = 1:32:570+47 sec
Great job, Scawen and the team. The menu is really nice, and the replay controls are very helpful. Thanks a billion!

But while we're on the subject of menus, I'm wondering if it's possible to make parameter values in the setups directly editable, rather than controlled by sliders. I.e. if I want a 1.345 ratio for 4th gear, I just click the value and type it in, rather than move the slider, since the latter is not always precise.

Either that, or you can make the whole thing a bit more realistic by specifying a minimum possible increment in adjustments (i.e. the ratios can be changed only by 0.05, instead of 0.001). Perhaps, I'm just nitpicking though
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y19 (and Y20) Replay Controls
(417 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG