The online racing simulator
Hello can anyone help me?
hi,
i have an error message come up when i press go on the start new server menu it says TCP socket : bind failed how do i stop this and get the host on the master server?
You're either binding to an invalid IP, or the port is already in use. Or both.

Don't set the /ip directive unless you KNOW what you're doing.
ok so, ive followed the steps and it was working, now, suddenly it has stopped working :/, my server shows up in lfsworld but not on the server list in-game. if i try to join specific game it gets to "connecting to host" then just goes back to the join specific host screen..

any ideas?

EDIT: Server is called [OPC] Test Server
Assuming your had to portforward, and didn't setup a static IP, it could be that you're forwarding to the incorrect LAN ip (which is likely to happen due to DHCP lease times). Check that first.

If not, what else has changed? New version of LFS/dedi? If nothing then I refer you to the above as the most likely cause.
haha i feel dumb now. yeah that was the problem, i guess someone switched the plug my computer was plugged into the router. haha all is well now. thanks for your help
Glad it's working, but..

Quote from Carboy717 :i guess someone switched the plug my computer was plugged into the router.

DHCP doesn't work on a per port basis
#408 - AJS
Everything was working perfect ... but now

My old router died (D-Link 604) and now i got a D-Link 524 it shares almost the same menus and i also set up virtual server on port 63392 like with the old one but guess what ...

Server doesnt show up in Master server list and i cant join it from my computer just if i join it on lan setting ... join specific server ...

i used the same settings like with the old router

okay i think i got it its the same problem like 2 pages ago ...

"
This is strangely embarrassing...I have been running two dedicated servers for years now, with no problems at all.
I recently had to get a new router (a DG834PN instead of a DG834) because of wireless requirements, and configured the ports/firewall accordingly.
The problem is that now my servers appear on the list at LFSW, they appear on the MP list for everybody OUTSIDE my LAN, and nobody except me has any problem joining them.
I CAN get in via LAN, but not through standard internet connection...and Join2LFS just returns Client Connect: connect failed all the time.
I tried a loopback test, and that returns no problems either.
Any ideas please?
"
Problem Hosting and join to my server
well i have the strange error , i create my server , ppl enter fine , but , me i wanna join and say ClientConetion :Conection Error

How fix that
Server problems
Hi i got my server working but when people try to connect it started connecting then goes back to join server screen. Also my server is on the LFSW server list but not on the master server list. Its not dedi.
Please take a look at the last part of the first post and the sections on portforwarding and firewalls. Cheers guys.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Please take a look at the last part of the first post and the sections on portforwarding and firewalls. Cheers guys.

Aleast you read my post?

Ppl can enter perfect , but not me

Is not problem of FW or PRTS (Ports)
Quote from Inouva :Aleast you read my post?

did you read mine? The firewall comment was not aimed at you. The comment about the last part of the first thread was, however. I had merged 2 posts into this thread and thought I could get away with the same sentence. Clearly not. I'll remember to personally address things next time(!)

Since you're incapable of reading yourself;
Quote :If you're running a server on your network always connect using the LAN IP, not the game browser list
Due to how some routers work you may not beable to connect into your server using the in-game list. This does not necessarily mean that it's not working. Get a friend to check the in-game list and use the LAN IP yourself. It will save you a lot of headaches.

From the first post in the thread. You failed to mention if you were trying to use the in-game list or the direct IP, therefore I was pointing you at this information.
:dnfnoob: ok this is prolly a stupid question, how do you unban someone? i banned someone and then we talked about the ban and now i want to unban but dont know how... I R DUMB lol
Quote from NoS-Coolio ::dnfnoob: ok this is prolly a stupid question, how do you unban someone? i banned someone and then we talked about the ban and now i want to unban but dont know how... I R DUMB lol

Demo or S2? If you wanna unban someone in S2 type in LFS: "/unban USERNAME" and that should do it.

Demo im not so sure.
Automatically saving race-replays (mpr) with dedicated server.
Is it possible to automatically save race-replays (mpr) with a dedicated server? I thought so but i get an error message saying that the pathname to the MPR-folder is to long. (in my case: C:/spellen/LFS/data/mpr)
Could anyone please help me?
Assuming that the LFS dedi is in C:\spellen\LFS, you can just set /mpr=data/mpr, on Windows
Quote from the_angry_angel :Assuming that the LFS dedi is in C:\spellen\LFS, you can just set /mpr=data/mpr, on Windows

So you don't have to type in the whole path?? Ok that's nice! Let's try this out.
I cant join my server... I try to join but i just get back to the join specific server-menu
can you help me?
my friend cant join it either
Quote from Mb94 :I cant join my server... I try to join but i just get back to the join specific server-menu
can you help me?
my friend cant join it either

I once had the same problem. Can't remember exactly how I fixed the problem, but IIRC it had something to do with router port-forwarding.
ARgh!! Getting so pissed off.. Server not working, enabled every ports.
Once it worked. Then i changed allowed cars of the server and now i get always that damn connection failed to the server.. This system is damn anoying and complicated! :banghead::banghead:
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :ARgh!! Getting so pissed off.. Server not working, enabled every ports.
Once it worked. Then i changed allowed cars of the server and now i get always that damn connection failed to the server.. This system is damn anoying and complicated! :banghead::banghead:

No it's not. "Et vaan osaa".
Open the right ports from router and/or firewall. And don't forget that ISP might have blocked some ports.
Ensure that you're still port forwarding to the right LAN IP. If you've not assigned a static IP address (or a reservation in the DHCP table) then you're going to have to periodically change where it gets forwarded to based on the leased address from your router/DHCP server.
Quote from ATM :Everything work great, but admin password doesn´t seem to work, I put it instead of normal password if I connect locally, but I don´t have rights..

EDIT: Deticated server

Make sure you enter the admin pass in the login screen under the IP and Port thing... by password host.
I have tried to make a server for a long time... but i cant get it to work
What should i write as ip? My own ip adress?
A friend tried to connect to me but he cant

I tried one of my friends cfg-file and just changed the ip adress but still i no one can use the server... And my friends doesnt get any message when they try to connect.. they just cant connect at all

Guide: Running an LFS Server
(666 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG