The online racing simulator
the GT5 Prolouge thread
(400 posts, started )
Wow that F1 car looks like it's glued to the track lol. I don't even see a little bit of understeer/oversteer, it's like planted on the track lol.
It looks.. clinical (?)
Quote from tristancliffe :
Did you get content updates in GT4? Did their team tell you exactly what was being worked on each day? No; so why use that argument against LFS?

It wasn't necessary actually because GT4 wasn't made in 5 years like lfs and lfs its not even on the half way of its development and if a small thing takes ages to be improved(not talking about cars and tracks coz improvements like these we don't see really often)in lfs people get bored and they what to know whats going on.
Quote from Nikn :it is probably not being played in simulation mode and assists are likely on?

I think a "game" that calls itself the real driving simulator should'nt have any driving aids on a car that are not fitted to the real car. By all means have stability control on a bmw but not on a F1 car.
We wish you a merry christmas.
Quick, let's warn the GT5 forums that an epic troll is about to arrive.
That said, I hope you're happy with GT5 and that it stays that way - this forum just became a better place without you
Quote from andybarsblade :I think a "game" that calls itself the real driving simulator should'nt have any driving aids on a car that are not fitted to the real car. By all means have stability control on a bmw but not on a F1 car.

Yea i agree with you.
But this is arcade game made for ps3 with mainstream public in mind. They want to sell huge number os copies so the handling must be easy. Its a great racing game, but nothing more
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
#32 - john
This video shows how graphically brilliant GT5 Prologue really is and is the most impressive trailer I've seen for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWLPDXca_iQ

But they would seriously need to overhaul the handling for it to compete with LFS in my opinion, having been a fan of GT3 and GT4.

OK LFS doesn't have all the bells and whistles that GT5 will have, but will it be better to drive than GT5?

Yes, still.
Quote from andybarsblade :Are you saying that a real F1 car wont oversteer? Are you saying thats what a real F1 car is like to drive? throttle on or off, no corrections, no oversteer? Just looks boring to play to me

if u look at the video it seems hes not driving it at its full potencial. hes over breaking and is slighty on the throttle. that was the first video posted he prob just wanted to get a "clean" lap around for the video
I cant get it why everyone criticize this guy for his post.Why?Because he expressed his opinion?Lest be honest lfs does have a very very slow progress and its not ''THE'' game.
Quote from lalathegreat :if u look at the video it seems hes not driving it at its full potencial. hes over breaking and is slighty on the throttle. that was the first video posted he prob just wanted to get a "clean" lap around for the video

Thats not a clean lap. Look at the wheels hiting the curbs and nothing happens. Try that in LFS or another PC sim
Not another one

I think Tristan covered it perfectly, there's also one guy within Mercury (I wont mention who cause that'll ruin his reputation ) that's blabbering on about getting a PS3 just for this game.

There's no doubt GT5 looks the business, but with hardware like the PS3 and the development funds that Kazunori and Polyphony have, what exactly do you expect?

I love Gran Turismo but it started to suck after GT2 was put out, all the other releases are just terrible. Its nice to be able to 'drive' these cars and 'tune' them, but none of them react properly and all become generic in terms of handling once you've 'tuned' them a little bit.

Train rails, anyone?
err *wrong place for this* General LFS Discussion?? not 'General Sony Cash Cow Discussion'
The first post has FAIL written all over it.

#40 - mr_x
Lets play a game... called... 'Spot the fanboys'
Quote from [UKR] Race King :I cant get it why everyone criticize this guy for his post.Why?Because he expressed his opinion?

No, because it sounds more like a rant on LFS than like praise for GT5.

:feedtroll
Quote from speedway :thats the most ridiculous tire squeal i've heard in a long time

Yeah. I was sure I'd heard that sound before... then I remembered.
Quote from tiagolapa :Thats not a clean lap. Look at the wheels hiting the curbs and nothing happens. Try that in LFS or another PC sim

did u notice the "" around clean
Hi. Whatever, im just poiting the reaction over bumps in that f1 is wrong
I am gonna but GT5 too but i still gonna play LFS
Quote from speedway :thats the most ridiculous tire squeal i've heard in a long time

i would agree on that it really sucks it was the same it gt4 and they still didn't fixed it
consoles = autofail on 'sims'. (except the sims, which is less fail)

I'm happy I don't have any consoles, useless junk.
Quote from tiagolapa :Hi. Whatever, im just poiting the reaction over bumps in that f1 is wrong

i like how u deduce that with never driving a f1 car around that track in real life and in gt5.
Quote from lalathegreat :i like how u deduce that with never driving a f1 car around that track in real life and in gt5.

And you have? And being a demo user you have never driven the F1 car in LFS ethier.
Quote from andybarsblade :And you have? And being a demo user you have never driven the F1 car in LFS ethier.

when did i say i have. and what does it matter if i never driven one in lfs
What the hell is wrong with that tyre squueeaauueeaauueeaauueeaal.

And I though the gear whine in the GTRs was a pain in the ears!

But what ever you say in favor of GT5 atleast LFS has more ear friendly and informative tyre sounds.

the GT5 Prolouge thread
(400 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG