The online racing simulator
the GT5 Prolouge thread
(400 posts, started )
I've played both and I prefer forza because even with a game pad you really feel connected to the road. You can feel it if you're on the verge of grip and especially when the car shifts weight. gt5p looks amazing and that kinda makes up for it being a little numb and noisy.
Quote from chanoman315 :Well... a friend of mine has challenged me in GT5, he says it rocks and that he is very fast. And that GT5 is the most realistic game/sim out there.
Well, i said it sucks. I havent played it, but i wanted to know compared in physics, what's better LFS or GT5?
And if I win on LFS can i win on GT5?

I got to drive it over a two week period, enough to get used. Right about 1'st of August, when physics got updated. It felt very good imo, got the best feel from Clio? car thingy, RWD mid engine I think. It's good fun, but i guess I'm much too used to LFS and can't adopt well as I was 3 or 4 seconds off the WR even with a great lap and was always slower then my friend, who's slower then me in LFS.. if that matters. We're equaly fast in all types of gokart btw. If you get pawned just say GT5 physics suck or something.. but does either really matter?
Quote from lizardfolk :Wow, so you would prefer a game that fools you into thinking it's the most realistic over a game that's actually more realistic...this is almost the perfect example of the placebo effect...

This is a general rule of human behavior. Most people do prefer to buy a thing that fool them into thinking it is the best product over actually good products.
Even worse: most people are attracted toward products that obviously try to fool them using pathetic BS tricks like "space-age technology in your home", uber-shiny psychedelic graphics, 100% arcade physics you can drive while sleeping.
Quote from JJ72 :if you are afraid just back down.

well.. im not afraid.. he says that passing a car because it brakes before me and i pass him on the inside is cheat... :rolleyes:

Quote from IDUI :I got to drive it over a two week period, enough to get used. Right about 1'st of August, when physics got updated. It felt very good imo, got the best feel from Clio? car thingy, RWD mid engine I think. It's good fun, but i guess I'm much too used to LFS and can't adopt well as I was 3 or 4 seconds off the WR even with a great lap and was always slower then my friend, who's slower then me in LFS.. if that matters. We're equaly fast in all types of gokart btw. If you get pawned just say GT5 physics suck or something.. but does either really matter?

lol... yea.. im gonna say that, that Forza is better, and GT5 sucks
you cant really compare forza to gt5p beacuase
1) gt5P isnt done,
2)they are on different consoles made by different poeple in a different country ut a different company...

not supporting anything but im sayin to not really compare lemons to limes.
Quote from chavm481 :you cant really compare forza to gt5p beacuase
1) gt5P isnt done,
2)they are on different consoles made by different poeple in a different country ut a different company...

not supporting anything but im sayin to not really compare lemons to limes.

And what has that with anything to do? Games that get's comapred are normally from different companies, countries and aswell consoles / pc. What compared most likely is the FEEL of the game, and it has nothing to do with what console it is released on, or what company that made them.

My opinion is that there are NOTHING that looks as beautifull as GT5 at date, and the details specially inside the cars are stunning, sadly the physics ain't on the hight as Forca, LFS and such on.

While LFS seems to try creating a real-as-possible feeling over the driving, the GT5 game strives to create an etnertaining game, that looks gorgerous, while they don't think too much of the physics. If it's fun to drive - it's fine, in their eyes.
And actually, that ain't a bad idea really, they aim for different people, so why do we allways have to talk about sucky physics and blabla.

So conclusion :

LFS : For the physics
GT5 : Entertainement in driving lisenced stuff

That's at least how I look on it, correct me if I'm wrong.
GT5P physics aren't as bad as some people say. They feel better than Forza regarding a few things, while Forza still feels better overall. LFS sure is another class. Nevertheless, GT5P has decent physics (ok, collision physics are still terrible).
I have played all the Gran Turismo's (1-5) and recently I picked up a 360 that came with Forza 2. I must say that Forza 2's physics are much nicer and way more refined than Gran Turismo's.

Everything from the tire physics to the engine modeling is far superior. Even the sounds are amazing, every car sounds like it should and not just a generic high revving V6 like in GT. Forza has something called a powerband...one that actually functions unlike GT's linear generic one. One thing that I never liked about GT was that all the cars felt generic and handled the same after a certian point. With Forza 2 that doesnt seem to be the case, each car has its own personality regardless of how much power it puts down. Forza is a superior product IMO and I eagerly await Forza 3 that has been announced for some time in 2009.

Gran Turismo has a name, and that's about it...well that and hype. After that its boring and just another arcade racer. Forza has more than that...including physics that actually work....
well GT5P is not done! so why compare a compleated game to one that isnt compleated yet?
Quote from chavm481 :well GT5P is not done! so why compare a compleated game to one that isnt compleated yet?

GT5P is complete, released to public product. It IS done. GT5 is a not completed game, which basically will be the core of GT5P (the graphics, physics) just with more content, so the comparison is more that valid.
but thers still updates comming... its not like gt4.
If it's complete enough for them to try sell it then it's complete enough for comparison.
It's ok to compare them... but you can't make a final comparison. There's too much stuff that will still come out in GT5P.
Quote from chavm481 :but thers still updates comming... its not like gt4.

hmmm but for a product house the size of them, shouldn't really use the LFS excuse should they?
Quote from jibber :It's ok to compare them... but you can't make a final comparison. There's too much stuff that will still come out in GT5P.

thats what i meant... a final comparison but for now, graphics of gt5 and fun of forza.
ok.. physics?sucks.. but it's fun to use it, because if you try to smash an Ai he wont move... and you cant blow your engine, just to kill time and if you want the best graphics ive ever seen in a racing game.... besided, it's good when you're bored from other games... like LFS
they havnt gotten damage yet but i hate the heavy ai situation.
well... neither tyre wear?... it's incredible how people fall because they "feel realistic" a car game, and with the graphics, who doesnt.
graphics dont really count. well to me atleast.
When is the release for the full version ?
well the most optimistic estimate is 2010
im guessing its really gonna be worth money then. but for now, prologue gets updates.
Hi guys . Are differencials simulated in GT5? Check the Mustang and it's open diff on grass (one wheel on asphalt, one on grass... or if possible, one wheel in the air ;P).
Quote from Byku :Hi guys . Are differencials simulated in GT5? Check the Mustang and it's open diff on grass (one wheel on asphalt, one on grass... or if possible, one wheel in the air ;P).

I'd like to hear the results on that one actually
cos the mustang IS like that.

they are simulated to a degree.

the GT5 Prolouge thread
(400 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG