The online racing simulator
the GT5 Prolouge thread
(400 posts, started )
the GT5 Prolouge thread
Hi everyone I trust you all had a good easter holidays.

I wana say 1 thing GT5 ROCKS, I plugged my G25 in , put it in simulation mode, force feedback to heavy mode, and no steering assist. and the handling is just breathtaking, I hate to say it. Better then LFS, Rfactor, GTR, its seriously farking good. over and understeer is felt, each car is unique. The game is brilliant. now that a game has came out rivaling LFS's handling, it also pisses all over the GFX. (not hard to do) and im afraid to say it its a total package.

This shows what is capable by 1 man who commandears help from people that can help, this is how a game should be made, by a group of people being guided by the creator. it took the owner of this game 1 year to get GT5 prolouge out, it has 60 cars, and 5 tracks, +reverse, and also different configs of those tracks. I guess im just saying that when you look at LFS's progress, even for a part time game, and less manpower, LFS should be finished by now.

now that I have had some time to play LFS with the G25, and also GT HD I have realized the Sony has got thier act together, and now shits all over the handling engine of Rfactor, GTR, Toca, even LFS (yes im afraid) its just poetry in motion. it offers great feautres, tv stations, download channels with various motoring magazine DVD's, Best motoring D1 Drift series.GT5 is released here in 1 more day, and already the guys that do have it, have thrown away their LFS licence, the game that failed them, that took thier money but offered little to no improvments over 2 years. the GT5 team in 1 year, rediesigned, added 60 cars, 15 tracks/combos/ variations, called it a demo. and is just brilliant., IN ONE YEAR.

in December the full version comes out, and will be on time as well. will feature 600 cars, 30 odd tracks,garage, excelent graphics, excelent sounds, also cars will be added each month as they are finished making them, creating non stop, never boring gameplay.

so after all that I am forced , to put my LFS gloves, and my licence on my top shelf, with games like Doom3, Need for speed franchises Games, Battlefield Franchise games, Half life1,2, Counter strike. all of those have been shelved because something better has come along.and is here to stay, with its constant updating, not 6-12 months gap with no communication, each week there is a coming up feature of GT5. No developers saying youll get it when u get it type mentality, at GT5 you are treated like a king, and given exclusive access into the GT world. ANd I like what I see.

So Scawen, Victor, and fellow Sim enthusiest, I just wana say thanks for a great game, and entertaining me for the past 2 years, sure I have been frustrated with LFS's direction and growth. But I admitt it LFS was there when I was bored LFS was there when I wanted to race
LFS was there anytime I felt like racing,
LFS, Victor, Scawen you have been great I will miss the you all.

this is to the devs and I hope you listen to this as this is my final messege on here. Please treat your customers with much more respect, tell them whats going on, employ more help from experienced people that can help you get this game where it should be, it should have DX10 GFX, real sounds, and real tyre physics.
Please Please keep the community informed, all the time, and most of all be honest about your intentions/ mentality/ strategy/ ambitions for this game, because all of those have been lost. I didnt know what LFS was, or was going to be, nor did anyone else, and I can say that in my country Australia that showed with a massive user drop to almost zero, all that was available was drift servers, no racers, they were bored and fed up with LFS and still are.

guys you have my account details keep me on the mail list for when you make improvments I want to follow the game,who knows in 2050 when you finish the game, it may actually be worth the 30 pounds I Payed for.

to the community

Im sorry for all the flamage in forums I have given
Many times I have been wrong, and if I was an arsehole or worse I apologize.

sorry for all times I ruined your races, by crashing into you, or having too much gutz and no brains in turn 1 or locking a brake, or spining out, Sorry.

I hope to see you in GT5 online some day guys, we had some trully memorable races together, although im not the fastest guy on the track, I wanted to win, and that was enough for good racing.

I must say thanks to ninja from PRO RACING ROOM and OCR in australia who was the only server to remain open when everyone wanted to drift because they were all too bored of the game to race also a big Pow WoW to Monday Night Racing, they were some fun times guys, enjoyed the level of racing.

so this is it guys Aidios Amegos, hope to see you in GT5 one day

Bye all (i promised my self I wouldnt cry)

cheers for the fun times everyone
PS devs, keep ppl informed, and try harder to keep new content in the games
:rolleyes:
I knew there was a good reason I had you on my ignore list.
Ha ha ha ha, you fell for GT5s polish

And then you try to give advice to Scavier!!!!!!

Hope you enjoy your arcade game. See you in a few years time.
#5 - TiJay
Your comparison of the development styles of LFS and GT5 is a bit unfair, no? Sony and their massive budget vs a 3-man team..?

I can't wait for my copy of GT5P to be delivered but I hope there's a proper thread on it instead of this rant/goodbye.

EDIT: Wow, three posts in 2 minutes!
the guy does have some valid points. ie lack of content update and the fact you never really know what there working on until its released

though u really can't compare what PD does in one year to what the LFS team does. the PD team is huge. but still i feel that what the lfs team does in a year leaves alot to be desired especially if your not happy with the current content as i am.
But surely you knew that's how LFS was being developed? There have NEVER been promises about content dates, and it's not their policy to tell you what they're working on most of the time.

Did you get content updates in GT4? Did their team tell you exactly what was being worked on each day? No; so why use that argument against LFS?

It's just daft...
#8 - Fuse5
What an ****.

After a post like that, i sure hope you won't be coming back.

You start off with literally killing LFS, and half way through start praising LFS again?

You are quite an idiot for comparing GT5 with LFS.
First off, LFS is not a GT only game. 2nd of all. LFS doesn't have an über team and millions of budget. We (we consisting of me and all those other quite proud LFS community members and devs) don't have millions to buy 20000000000 car licenses, work out über****ingawesome graphics engines, and whatever else in a year. It has been a 3-man effort.( who aren't exactly hardcore game designers/coders with decades of experience.)
It is actually quite amazing what our devs have done, starting from nothing with nothing and being so far already.

Have fun, and don't come back.

I hope the excitement of GT5 being released is going to hit you hard, as you are already so high after some Prologue.
I have nothing against GT5 and its legacy, starting from GT1.
Jeez someone lock it quick before this breaks some posting records

Some valid points granted but as for your hopes of quality racing on GT5 only time will tell

Best of luck to you
If you watch the forums closely you know what is being developed.
Check the testpatch forum to know in the works is support for asian languages and proper ingame AA/AF controls.

Further along we know are
* perfection of AI
* interiors of cars
* and more we may know that i am forgetting
* an more we dont know
Quote from Fuse5 :...
It has been a 3-man effort.( who aren't exactly hardcore game designers/coders with decades of experience.)
It is actually quite amazing what our devs have done, starting from nothing with nothing and being so far already.

That's not quite true, the devs have plenty of experience in game design and coding.
LFS feels like a tired old has-been to me, I guess when something new comes along, it feels all fresh new and exciting, kind of like a new relationship, HOWEVER, GT5P is NOT an LFS replacement, it's still pure arcade, Forza is a much better "sim" style console game, I have played GT5P, and while it looks LOVELY, it still feels odd, plus that tyre noise is wrong, wrong, wrong.

As mis-guided, and troll baiting as the OP is, he does actually have a point, although hidden deep within the post.
Quote :But surely you knew that's how LFS was being developed? There have NEVER been promises about content dates, and it's not their policy to tell you what they're working on most of the time.

Did you get content updates in GT4? Did their team tell you exactly what was being worked on each day? No; so why use that argument against LFS?

i mean they don't have too but it would be nice. GT4 was delivered as a a full game unlike LFS which is presumed to be incomplete. i would expect more tracks to come in the full game.
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :That's not quite true, the devs have plenty of experience in game design and coding.

i was more of comparing our dev team to the Sony dev team. Exaggerating moderately, to get the point.
Quote from seinfeld :Hi everyone I trust you all had a good easter holidays.

I wana say 1 thing GT5 ROCKS, I plugged my G25 in , put it in simulation mode, force feedback to heavy mode, and no steering assist. and the handling is just breathtaking, I hate to say it. Better then LFS

The last time someone was as wrong as you have just been, the death sentece was used...
Let me guess this dude is gonna get banned this sucks cause he had some very valid points in his detailed argument (in before the ban).
ironically gt5 has being released before the full version is ready, prolouge is almost like LFS s2 except that when the full content GT5 appears its expected that the £25 you've paid for prologue will not be credited against the full game, can you imagine the rows if the devs decided that you had to pay another £50 to upgrade to LFS s3 ?

also and so far no one seems to have mentioned it, what is the online play like with GT5?, my previous experience with sony's online play has been very dissapointing and for me is the biggest difference upto now between the x box360 and the ps3
Further along we know are
* perfection of AI: it felt like he was working on that for the longest while. and you know what, the AI is faster but they still crash me.
* interiors of cars: again hes been working on that for the longest time yet too see the fruits of his labor

you have to figure though that if the AI (or another update) has little too no importance to someone its hard for them to sit there and wait for the improvements they would like too see. me personally would like too see improvements that would improve the user base. especially in my time zone. if i had 400 people racing in my time zone i would not care about updates so much because i would be having fun.
#20 - JJ72
I tried to read it 5 times, But everytime I get to the bit when he say GT5's physics wipes the floor with LFS and Rfactor, I couldn't carry on thinking it's some kind of a joke.
Quote from seinfeld : over and understeer is felt, each car is unique.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/191520.html

Watch that, I see no oversteer at all not even when going over curbs also (i cant find it now) i saw a video of the same F1 car going round an oval and the driver cut the corner went straight over the grass full throttle! This is a game not a simulator

Edited to add:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/145951.html

Oh dear how poor and dull does that look. Haha tire squeal on off on off on...... ps3 off
#23 - Nikn
Quote from andybarsblade :http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/191520.html

Watch that, I see no oversteer at all not even when going over curbs also (i cant find it now) i saw a video of the same F1 car going round an oval and the driver cut the corner went straight over the grass full throttle! This is a game not a simulator

it is probably not being played in simulation mode and assists are likely on?
Bye
Quote from lalathegreat :oversteer = realistic?

Are you saying that a real F1 car wont oversteer? Are you saying thats what a real F1 car is like to drive? throttle on or off, no corrections, no oversteer? Just looks boring to play to me

the GT5 Prolouge thread
(400 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG