The online racing simulator
the GT5 Prolouge thread
(400 posts, started )
I am trying to give the GTP5 a fair shake. A few questions I have.

1. Is their anyway to look left and right while driving? Bothers me so much when I am entering corner not to be able to head check.

2. Is their anyway to remove most of the clutter I do not need in my hud? I drive in-car and could care less about my lateral G's/track map/speed/etc... and what gear it thinks I should be in.
Quote from Red-i :I am trying to give the GTP5 a fair shake. A few questions I have.

1. Is their anyway to look left and right while driving? Bothers me so much when I am entering corner not to be able to head check.

Yes, just assign the look left/right controls to your shoulder buttons

Quote from Red-i :2. Is their anyway to remove most of the clutter I do not need in my hud? I drive in-car and could care less about my lateral G's/track map/speed/etc... and what gear it thinks I should be in.

Nope, its there to stay, for now.
Thanks for the info about the head check. To bad nothing to do with the clutter.
Quote from danowat :
Lastly, physics, hmmm.........

Yes, I had all aids off and physics on professional, but I am using a pad.

Overall, it's a nice game, looks amazing, sound is ok, and physics (bearly) passable, but it's no sim, and certainly no Forza beater.

Lots of conflicting opinions when it comes to physics. Well, if it's any different with a wheel, feel free to tell us about it.
Quote from Un0RiGiNaL :im in love with GT5p
Ive been playing that more than lfs recently but you want to know why?
GT5 FEELS more real
LFS IS more REALISTIC
The reason why GT5 feels so real is because of the stunning graphics, interiors of the cars, tracks, everything, now im not gonna put GT5: prologue down for the screwup on multiplayer, or there is no skid marks and such. because this game is supposed to be a DEMO and we shouldnt even have multiplayer in this. But when GT5 comes out it is gonna improve like crazy on its multiplayer aspect with private chat rooms, voice input, skid marks, car damage, and more.
Hands down LFS is more realistic, but GT5 feels more real

Wow, so you would prefer a game that fools you into thinking it's the most realistic over a game that's actually more realistic...this is almost the perfect example of the placebo effect...

FYI, graphics mean nothing if the handling is rudimentary and LFS's graphics isn't even bad.
My co-worker once said. If you have a piece of poop, and you polish it all day long. At the end of the day it is still a piece of poop.

Funny story: My boss wanted us to buff and wax some of our work vans. I refused because my paticular van was primer grey with dark grey spray painted sections and even some duct tape over a few holes. That is when my friend said that nugget.

Back to the subject: Sim racing games for me are about the racing first. Out of many races so far on GTP I have yet to really enjoy my rivals. Online is ruthless and very inconsistent. And dare to say I hate the Ai worse than LFS...Thats saying alot because LFS's AI are pretty bad.
Quote from seinfeld :I wana say 1 thing GT5 ROCKS

so this is it guys Aidios Amegos, hope to see you in GT5 one day
Bye all (i promised my self I wouldnt cry)

i wana say 1 thing... your a wanker.
and good, dont come back.

p.s sorry for harshness, just pisses me off that hes bagging LFS and comparing it to GT? they have multi million dollar budgets buddy! LFS is a 3 man team, god get some brains idiot..
have fun in your arcade game, think of us when your playing.
New update for GT5p came out on 1st Aug, and I am impressed.

Firstly, one of my pet hates, the god awful tyre noise, has improved a heck of a lot, no more wild screeching as soon as you turn.

Secondly, the engine noises have been beefed up

And lastly, the tyre physics have improved no end, much better now.
OMG! I'm getting excited! Haha!

If you are impressed with it, then it must be good i guess!

*runs off to fire up the PS3 and download the update*
Take the Viper out on Fuji speedway
I'm updating now (there was a system update aswell), going to report back later!
The GTTV has improved alot aswell, some great vids on there
Does the update allow me to keep my cars?, because I finished the game.
Yes
I'm not sure if i really like it...

The physics feel better now somehow. However, that is only when i'm racing. As soon as you step over the limit (provoke a drift with some decent angle), the physics don't feel right to me. It doesn't really feel wrong, but before it felt better. But maybe that's just me.

The driving feeling when just racing, as said above, feels a lot better now tho.

Regarding the sound improvement...

I'm not sure about the engine sounds, they might have changed a little. But the tire noise... i can't hear a change to be honest. It's the same old annoying noise IMO (haven't played it for a while tho, maybe there really is a difference, but it can't be that big).
To those of you who have driven Forza 2, how would you rate GT5P in comparison as far as physics go?
GT5P has the better feeling IMO. But this maybe due to the fact that i can play it with the G25, and Forza 2 only with a gamepad.

It also simulates tire grip better i think. Forza 2 has better tire physics however.

If you've only played Forza 2, and were happy with that, then GT5P will feel very different, and probably a little bit disappointing.
Now, it's close, but the cockpits, oh my gosh..............
No it doesn't, the cockpits in GT5p are leaps and bounds ahead of LFS.
Quote from danowat :no It Doesn't, The Cockpits In Gt5p Are Leaps And Bounds Ahead Of Lfs.

+1
Quote from Michael Denham :To those of you who have driven Forza 2, how would you rate GT5P in comparison as far as physics go?

Forza 2 feels great for a semi-sim that's played with a game-pad. GT5P feels like all the other GT games - undoubtedly to keep the fans happy - but the cars are just more tail-happy. I'd describe the FFB of GT5P as... fluffy. At times it almost feels as if the wheel is just using a cheap center-spring effect (this is with a G25, not some rubbish toy) instead of giving actual feedback to the road.

One of the things which impressed me about Forza 2 was how the feel of the car and what it's doing is transmitted so naturally through the simple vibration of the gamepad, even though it does feel smoothened for general purposes.

I'm sure though, that if Microsoft had proper wheel-support and designed Forza 2 as much around steering-wheels as Polyphony has, then Forza 2 would have vastly superior FFB and a vastly more realistic feel.

That said though... I don't know about the physics of GT5P; they might be sick-good for all I know (although I doubt it) but it just feels stupid in terms of FFB, even with a great wheel.
#373 - ssm
Quote from danowat :No it doesn't, the cockpits in GT5p are leaps and bounds ahead of LFS.

That's because PD made replicas of the cockpits of the actual cars. LFS has the same deal with certain cars. FBM for one, is a replica.
Well... a friend of mine has challenged me in GT5, he says it rocks and that he is very fast. And that GT5 is the most realistic game/sim out there.
Well, i said it sucks. I havent played it, but i wanted to know compared in physics, what's better LFS or GT5?
And if I win on LFS can i win on GT5?
if you are afraid just back down.

the GT5 Prolouge thread
(400 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG