The online racing simulator
Im talking about "in game"

Also, make sure at the time you recalibrate your pedals, your wheel is dead center, as you need to recalibrate that as well.

Only time I ever touch profiler is when I want to set the wheel for a different degree; "ie 720 to 400" or setup the feedback. I use it to start the game also.
h
Hi Panda,Yes I have got the wheel doing the steering ok, but for some reason the brake and throttle are reversed, very frustrating. Any ideas why that could be happening?
I believe its something like "invert axis", sorry im not in game and feeling alittle lazy at the moment, anyways, you should see yellow/ blue bars, to your right if I recall correctly, those are your "axis".
Quote from mr_x :Has anyone noticed that the front (or back, depending how you look at it) of the G25 wheel unit is trying to look like the front of a Ford Mustang?

I can't be the only one who's noticed this.

Whoa! I Never Noticed That Before! It Looks Sweet!

Proud G25 User
Gonna Upgrade to S2 if my mom lets me
Cracking piece of kit, but disappointed it hasn't lasted more than 3 months before the left hand (downshift) paddle has stopped working
:evil:
Quote from HVS5b :Cracking piece of kit, but disappointed it hasn't lasted more than 3 months before the left hand (downshift) paddle has stopped working

I don't know how you are treating your wheel, but mine lasts well over one year still, apart from that minor shifter issue
Quote from HVS5b :Cracking piece of kit, but disappointed it hasn't lasted more than 3 months before the left hand (downshift) paddle has stopped working

There's your punishment for not using the H-shifter like real men. And now you have no choice!
Quote from Gnomie :There's your punishment for not using the H-shifter like real men. And now you have no choice!

Lol, only in the SS races for the paddles tho. Full cockpit, h-shifter and manual clutch in the road cars

My previous wheel lasted for c10yrs, so I doubt the damage is attributable to wanton abuse. Although in the heat of the moment you never know........
Well, mines going on - what - 1 year, 1 month now without issue...
Hello. Help me please, I have a trouble - my wheel (G25) lost connection with computer. Wheel works approximately 15 minutes and then it stop working. Switching-off, and reconnect to USB correct a situation on the following of 15 minutes. System (hardware and OS) is not reason, because it was checked on different computers with various OS (Win2k, XP). Tnx for any help and sorry for my bad english.
how can you get the angle of the wheel to be the smae as the angle of the car wheel in lfs eg 61" on the g25 61" on the lfs car wheel?
Yay, I ordered my G25 on amazon. It should get here the 13th.

I can't wait to get a bunch of odd looks for having a racing wheel in a college dorm.

Oh well, no less silly than guitar hero, and way more fun.
hand brake mod
Hey i saw some people on youtube with an analog handbrakes. how do you make an extra axis that would connect into the G25?
Quote from Luke.S :how can you get the angle of the wheel to be the smae as the angle of the car wheel in lfs eg 61" on the g25 61" on the lfs car wheel?

1. Set the Logitech profiler to the required degrees
2. Match this in the in-games options
3. Set wheel turn compensation to 0 (or something like that, I'm at work and can't remember the exact name for the slider) found in the in-game options
4. Ta da
Quote from HVS5b :1. Set the Logitech profiler to the required degrees
2. Match this in the in-games options
3. Set wheel turn compensation to 0 (or something like that, I'm at work and can't remember the exact name for the slider) found in the in-game options
4. Ta da

Set the Logitech profiler to 720 degrees
Set LFS in game settings to 720 degrees
Set wheel turn compensation to 1.0

This will give you 1:1 matching for all the cars, but you will only get FFB stops at 720 degrees. The only way to change the FFB stops is to change the Logitech profiler options.

Personally I use
-540 in profiler
-720 in lfs
-wheel turn compensation to 1.0 in lfs

This makes it so the road cars use 540 degrees, the GTRs ~400, the formulas ~340, BF1 ~300, MRT ~200.
Quote from word. :Set the Logitech profiler to 720 degrees
Set LFS in game settings to 720 degrees
Set wheel turn compensation to 1.0

This will give you 1:1 matching for all the cars, but you will only get FFB stops at 720 degrees

This is what I use. Could someone tell me the main advantage of using less degrees of rotation? Does the wheel get significantly quicker/stronger, or do you just use it to make it easier to catch a spin and control the car?
Its easier to catch slides, and when you are driving the FXR with locked diffs, you don't have to turn the wheel 540 degrees just to turn into a corner.
The disadvantage being it doesn't feel right with such small wheel turns on other combos.

Try the RB4 on FE RX with 720 steering, cockpit, h-shifter, clutch etc, it's soooooooo good

I was lucky enough to match that set up with a race frame and a 50" LCD telly, c'est magnifique

I've not driven the GTR's much since patch Y, but I'm sure they're well hard with a similar set (albeit 540 deg steering)
I called to Logitech today, hopefully I get a new revision wheel.
Quote from atlantian :Hey i saw some people on youtube with an analog handbrakes. how do you make an extra axis that would connect into the G25?

Buy a joystick?

i'm thinking about using a joystick throttle lever as handbrake, using the buttons as buttonbox and the joystick as a cruise control (throttle -axis) to use in LFS Cruising
Quote from 128MB :Buy a joystick?

i'm thinking about using a joystick throttle lever as handbrake, using the buttons as buttonbox and the joystick as a cruise control (throttle -axis) to use in LFS Cruising

I've actually done that! It was quite useful! I taped my Saitek X45 on a vertical surface and assigned the proper axis as a handbrake. I have to say that flight sticks are quite ergonomic, they should use their grips in real car handbrakes

By the way, I just ordered a g25 too, i'm expecting it tomorrow morning! Yay
New wheel and it's rev 101! The new shifter doesnt make that annoying click noise anymore.
Any change in feel or 'firmness' of the shifter? Any other differences spotted?
I posted this back when I got my second G25 (that i got 6 months+ ago) - t'was a Rev 101 too...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG