No, it's no "issue" at all. Even Logitech can't fix that, short of implementing a system that can dynamically hardlock the wheel's rotation (= not use force feedback as lock). But that would mean a whole new technical concept for the wheel, not a driver update.

I tested G25 briefly at my friends house today..
My god, is the Force Feedback amazing!
I didn't expect it to be that good. It's so smooth, so precise, so real..
There is no jerked moves, no gearing from the FF engine, nothing is holding him off(can't find the right word).. if you know what i mean..
When you rotate it, there is no hold downs like in Momo, that feel like there is something that stops it from rotating nicely..
In G25, it's all so smooth, and realistically strong, hard core strong..
Argh..... i want it..
I can't browse through all these threads and posts, i am curious how many of you find problems with it so far?
I have a minor problem going from 5th to 6th, it often engages reverse, but I could fix that by un-binding reverse and binding it to a paddle.
Heh, I've got my G25 today as well.

Everything feels amazing so far, comparing to my old and crappy Momo.

Finally some quality pedals, which I'll need some time to get used to, totally forgotten how to modulate the throttle ever since my momo's spiking issues... ah the pedals are simply awesome...

Tried several cars on car park as well as blackwood just to get an overall feel of it, everything feels great.

I'm more of a drifter myself, and man... whenever the slide is initiated, I've literally lost all control of the car... guess I have a LOT to catch up to.
accel pedal started to squeal, right paddle still misses 30% of shifts and sequential gear lever misses 5% upgear (pull)... 3 weeks sparse usage.
Ive had mine since 4.10.06 but have come across 2 issues so far, wheel makes noise turning left (seems to be a general problem with all g25 users) also, the grip carpet system is now broken too which is annoying. I'll be returning mine if Logitech releases a new revision.

BTW: Nice work on getting one Stan, took you long enough
Honestly, I have no more noise going either direction (still ****ing quiet ), and my only minor problem is my incompetence from shifting from 5th to 6th, but that can be fixed with a simple keybind.
mines started making a weird ticking noise when i turn the wheel past certain points (usually 2 or 3 times every 360 deg), and it sounds like its coming from the motor with the optical encoder on it. It still performs fine though so i wont bother exchanging it just yet.
Quote from wildwilly :mines started making a weird ticking noise when i turn the wheel past certain points (usually 2 or 3 times every 360 deg), and it sounds like its coming from the motor with the optical encoder on it. It still performs fine though so i wont bother exchanging it just yet.

My friend's G25 started doing this a couple weeks ago. He opened it up and some small metal piece that he could not identify fell out. Then the ticking stopped.

We didn't worry about it much beyond that because it had also developed a problem where the wheel-shaft has become loose in a way that allows the wheel to rock up and down or side to side by a disturbing amount. He has a new one on the way from Logitech.

Mine is still working great, btw.

lyd
I have to say I am a bit overwhelmed at how HARD the brake is, often times when I have to press it full, the whole platform even raises a few inch, well part of the reason is that I placed the pedals sorta tinted, guess I need a better platform that can hold my pedals better. Oh and shoes.

The shifting "clicks" sounds annoying, but it doesn't really affect me, the buttons on the shifter feels just fine for me, the paddles behind the wheel became pretty much useless when you're flicking the wheel back and forth so rapidly. Driving has never been so different and immersive in LFS with the G25.

The only disappointment is the lack of ebrake handle, now that my hands are full on the wheel, and barely on the shifter itself, I don't even have time to press any buttons for ebrake (the only way, sucks!)
Now i bought G25, and let me tell you how i feel about it.

I mounted my wheel to my desk, and started the game, first in LFS. I tryed to drive few laps, with manual clutch and h-shifter. It was kinda hard to drive when wheel turns so much, and hard because i'm used to Momo's 240-degree turn angle. Although that wasn't LFS's fault.

But after few moments in LFS, i gave up. Absolutely too hard for me to drive LFS with this, at least at the moment.

So i started to practise with GTR2, and now i really had that feeling, it was like driving a real car, at least so close that it can be. And now i've driven GTR2 and Race over 4h.

And here's my props and coins.

Props
-Nice smooth steering
-Wonderful FFB
-Size of wheel
-Stainless steel, gives nice look, and it's stiffer that plastic
-Shifters two different changing styles (H, Seq)
-Really worth of prize
-It gives really good feeling at car you driving. (At least in Race and GTR2)

Coins
-Very noisy H-shifting
-Too stiff clutch and brake pedal.
-WE NEED MORE BUTTONS AT THE WHEEL
-Shifter sometimes stuck at certain gear (R, 6, 4)
-Cant use manual clutch on LFS, cause you must push pedal to bottom that gear actually changes, and that causes me too many missed gears. (IMO!!)
-When using sequental shifter, gearstick can be pressed down and put it into 4th gear of H-shifter. And then u cant move gearstick backwards. It really goes easily in that position.
I've pretty much gone to a 2 pedal, and using the h-gate layout, occationally going to sequential if I feel the need (depending on car).
Quote from Jax_KiBez :Cant use manual clutch on LFS, cause you must push pedal to bottom that gear actually changes, and that causes me too many missed gears. (IMO!!)

There's a simple way to fix this. Just go to Options > Controls ( > wheels/js > axes/FF ) and click on the "C" to the right of the axis you use for clutch - this will clear its calibration. Now press the clutch pedal as far as you like your "full" travel to be, I did it to about 60%. Finally set "calibration lock" to yes. You now have to press your pedal only 60% of available travel to get 100% ingame.

But I have to agree, I can't use the G25 to its full potential either. I mean, using H-gate + clutch is fun for dicking around, but I'm not nearly competitive with it, yet alone consistent enough to outlast the early crashers. The only benefit is marginally faster shifting if you use the gear preselect "feature", which is no benefit at all if you drive around 10-15% off pace. I guess it is possible to get up to speed with enough practice, but I can have the same now by simply using paddles. Besides that I also only use 540°, as I'm no friend of the flailing arms method.
Thanks AndroidXP!
I try that tomorrow, but i want to say one more thing. You can use H-shifter and clutch, but it needs perfect seat and perfect position. Because i cant press clutch to bottom, because my feet doesen't extend so much that i could press clutch properly.
Quote from Jax_KiBez :...because my feet doesen't extend so much that i could press clutch properly.

Wow.

Requesting pics of your feet. And wear fishnets please.
Just got my G25 and its amazing but got some problems already. When I turn the wheel to the right it doesnt turn all the way, instead of having 360 degrees it turns about 357. Can I do anything about it or is it damaged? My second question, its very hard to push those pedals down, can I somehow "soften" them down?

PS: What are some good force feedback settings?

I didnt read the whole thread so if my problem was solved alreay, could you not flame me?

Thanks in advance!
anyone know how long it takes for Alienware to confirm an order?

I orded a G25 from there yesterday as it was in stock at a reasonable price and it said they'd confirm the order within 24 hours, and it's not yet been confirmed.
Anybody knows what the problem might be?
The same happens with my DFP when I set it to 900 degrees, it doesnt go all the way. I wouldn't worry about it though.

And the pedals, learn to live with them, if you ever drive a race car then you'll know what stiff pedals are like - the G25 pedals are probably a lot weaker than proper ones. (To answer your question - no, not without voiding the warranty)
I think its because LFS cars (roads) have a 720degree rotation, so if you have 900, then at 720, it just cuts off all rotation.

thats how I understand it.
Well, I set up my wheel to 720 degrees so the wheel acts just like in the game. Its kind of annoying when you have to keep your wheel slightly to the left to go in a straight line :/ And about the pedals, yes I got used to them already so they arew not a problem anymore.
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :Well, I set up my wheel to 720 degrees so the wheel acts just like in the game. Its kind of annoying when you have to keep your wheel slightly to the left to go in a straight line :/ And about the pedals, yes I got used to them already so they arew not a problem anymore.

If your center is off a bit, download DXTweak2 to fix it.

http://www.wingmanteam.com/files/Tools/DXTweak2/DXTweak2.exe
Wowowiwa, very nice! But how do I use it?
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :Well, I set up my wheel to 720 degrees so the wheel acts just like in the game. Its kind of annoying when you have to keep your wheel slightly to the left to go in a straight line :/ And about the pedals, yes I got used to them already so they arew not a problem anymore.

I had the same problem last night, doesn't help even if you recalibrate in game or Logitech Profiler.

You have to restart your PC, replug your power cables, after the initial recalibrate, it should be back to center again.

Mine was fixed just like that.
Thank you very much, it works perfectly now!!! For reward I bought you beer :drink:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG