The online racing simulator
also. what happened with changing the race to 2 hours and having a 3 man team? is that still happening?
Quote from dUmAsS : also. what happened with changing the race to 2 hours and having a 3 man team? is that still happening?

no that's not happening anymore. Would make the whole place too crowded, reduce time per player, increase costs etc etc. Wasn't really feasible.
ho hum
and another group had an event booked after
pah, do they not know the importance of us LFS folk? :P
I knew already too Sorry guys for not telling you, but I was sworn to secrecy...

It's gonna make the day go from Perfect to heavenly. But I'm not going to be in the inital crowd to talk to them.

To Scawen and Victor. I've only ever seen one or two photos of you both, and you both had long(ish) hair. May I sugeest you cut your hair, or employ a cunning disguise (perhaps just wearing a helmet ALL the time), so that you avoid attention.

/me makes LFS poster to have signed by them both.
I hope Eric makes it. A menage e tois (spelling?) of devs would be brilliant!!!!!!!!!

/me feints through overexcitment.

I'm trying to work out what people will sound like. For example, Fordie sounds like you'd expect from the way he looks (or the way I expected anyway), but Will's voice is much deeper than I thought it would be. When he phoned me for the first time, I didn't know who it was, even after he told me it was Ayrton Senna (that just confused me more!).

And I wonder how many people there, so used to text based communication with everyone, will be able to interact properly in person. I have a hunch that a fair few people will mill around the edges, too shy to come and chat. No offence to those people by the way - I was the same until I took up amateur dramatics (but thats another story!)

Back to work - they've got me trapped doing paper work today instead of workshoppy things cos too many people are on holiday in the office. I HATE PAPERWORK :'(
Poor tristan....heheheh

Maybe we should put soundbytes of ourselves online, and you have to guess who's voice it is
hehe sounds fun

u sounded like i thought u would tristan, although i thought u would look like more of a geeky guy.

what did u expect me to sound like, a smurf?

PS i wont be in the 'crowd' at first too, but u guys will know who i am, since i will most likely be walking round the track, trying to train scotty up rofl!
Maybe we should do a "this is my picture" post just to see what people look like before the "big meet".

I am 31, 6ft 4in, and weight 17 stone, so I am rather on the large side, I doubt you would miss me on the day

Dan.
Just to shatter some illusions, here I am (about 11 months ago - I've not changed much tbh):
http://www.ng-gallery.net/view.php?nick=the_angry_angel

19, about 6ft 2in and reasonably geeky. The only thing missing in that picture is my rather unimpressive pubic-fluff-style-goatee.

I'll shove a soundbyte online later, so you can hear my deep somerset accent! oooo-ar

Edit: Incidentally, that is the ONLY picture of me that's outside, in the sun, instead of me basking in the comforting dull glow of a monitor
Quote from the_angry_angel :Maybe we should put soundbytes of ourselves online, and you have to guess who's voice it is

That sounds like a fun idea. LOL

Quote from ayrton senna 87 :u sounded like i thought u would tristan, although i thought u would look like more of a geeky guy.

what did u expect me to sound like, a smurf?

PS i wont be in the 'crowd' at first too, but u guys will know who i am, since i will most likely be walking round the track, trying to train scotty up rofl!

Me geeky?!?!? I try very hard to avoid the stereotypical geek look. So I'm pleased it worked.

If you had sounded like a Smurf, then I probably wouldn't have gone karting with you. But I expected a slightly 'younger' sounding voice. It's hard to explain really - it's a natural tendancy to imagine how someone sounds, and it's very rarely right.

And whilst your training Scotty up, I'll tag along for another walk of the track. Whilst I got okay at the braking, there is still A LOT for me to learn about the karts, the track, and kart driving in general. I hope that my lap times are about a second off yours Will tbh

More packing of parcels. Arrggghhhh. Just had to 'escape' to the workshop for a cigarette and a drink. It's doing my 'nut' in!
Quote from the_angry_angel :Just to shatter some illusions, here I am (about 11 months ago - I've not changed much tbh):
http://www.ng-gallery.net/view.php?nick=the_angry_angel

19, about 6ft 2in and reasonably geeky. The only thing missing in that picture is my rather unimpressive pubic-fluff-style-goatee.

I'll shove a soundbyte online later, so you can hear my deep somerset accent! oooo-ar

Edit: Incidentally, that is the ONLY picture of me that's outside, in the sun, instead of me basking in the comforting dull glow of a monitor

You don't look angry or angelic. So the only accurate bit of your name is The. And you can't go about being referred to as The now can you?!

Looking forward to the soundbyte. I don't have an accent at all, so I look forward to hearing yours. Summerseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Edit: Lol at your URL: http://theangryangel.is-a-geek.com/
Well, if you wanted to hear what I sound like, gawd knows why, I did a voice over for a mate of mine for a video report he did on the helicopter crash in Estonia, if you go to http://www.airsidetv.com/

Scroll down a little bit to Copterline crash, then click view clips, thats my voice, odd aint it!!!.

Dan.
rofl dan, in that report, u sound like Holly the computer from Red Dwarf!

tristan, on that video of me walking over the bridge, when u say 'you lost it at T1' i could swear that u sound australian lol!

heres a pic of me when i look best. with my lid on hehee

PS tristan i would be happy to walk u round the track (again) but for team talks, u cant listen
Attached images
Walking to Karts.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :You don't look angry or angelic. So the only accurate bit of your name is The. And you can't go about being referred to as The now can you?!

Looking forward to the soundbyte. I don't have an accent at all, so I look forward to hearing yours. Summerseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Edit: Lol at your URL: http://theangryangel.is-a-geek.com/

That was taken on a good day (namely on holiday), therefore I was soothed by the sound of the waves

If you took my picture now, you'd see me as quite enraged - damn users are messing up my beautiful servers again;
Me: "You want a new user AND you want some new software? Installing <unmentionable item of crap software> on a server, would be like installing a 21inch TFT in your bathroom - YOU JUST WOULDNT DO IT."

Incidentally, thats only one of many URLs And you can call me "the" if you want Like I've said before, as long as you can spell it I dont mind

Edit:
As often commented upon, I am rarely angelic looking - sorry to disappoint
Since there isn't going to be 3 in a team anymore, I'm a free agent so if anyone needs a driver I'm available.

If nobody does then I doubt I will be going. As much I want to meet all you guys its a lot of travling and expense to get drunk for one night. But I might change my mind nearer the time.

So if anyone needs to then please tell me soon so I can get a deposit down ASAP.

Thanxs
Andy.
u are in the spares team, the spares team need u
U can be with GP4Flo, who is coming all the way from germany, so u havnt got an excuse lol!
note to spares teams : U can call yourselfs someting amusing as a team name, decide between yourselfs
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :rofl dan, in that report, u sound like Holly the computer from Red Dwarf!

tristan, on that video of me walking over the bridge, when u say 'you lost it at T1' i could swear that u sound australian lol!

heres a pic of me when i look best. with my lid on hehee

PS tristan i would be happy to walk u round the track (again) but for team talks, u cant listen

Australian! I'll check when I get home (in about 10 minutes).

I want to be part of the team talk. I won't tell anyone else. Honest. If not, I'll just have to fit 'bugs' on you, and strategically in and around the kart center. You will not be able to escape muhahahahahaha

My vMax team talk (!) will go something like this "Huddle up, huddle up..... GO ON!!!!!!!!". I doubt it'll make a blind bit of difference. Tux will go to sleep or get bored, James will time out or forget which way to go, and I'll spin off trying to go faster than my limited talent will allow... hmmmm
:scared: :Eyecrazy: I DO sound Australian in that clip! How odd.

And I can't get the clip to play here Dan. It says Media Player needs a http:// link, and this one is a mms:// link
just looked at it again lol =)
Sorry for the recent spamming of posts by me... :P

Anyway, just checked the vMax team forum, and Keiran has suggested something which I have adapted into this:

We design, together, and get printed big A2 LFS posters, with the LFS logo, and various screenies/renders that show off the best of LFS. Then the Devs (it sounds rude calling them the Devs somehow now we are gonna meet them) can sign them for us :P
my team talk with scotty will be

"if u make a mistake, dont wave your arms and shake your head, just get on with it!"
"Push on every lap!"
"If you see one of the devs, let them pass!"
"Aim for Tristan!"
Quote from tristancliffe :Sorry for the recent spamming of posts by me... :P

Anyway, just checked the vMax team forum, and Keiran has suggested something which I have adapted into this:

We design, together, and get printed big A2 LFS posters, with the LFS logo, and various screenies/renders that show off the best of LFS. Then the Devs (it sounds rude calling them the Devs somehow now we are gonna meet them) can sign them for us :P

You sad, sad fanboy you, you sound like a pre-pubesent teenage girl at a west-life concert .

Dan.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :my team talk with scotty will be

"if u make a mistake, dont wave your arms and shake your head, just get on with it!"
"Push on every lap!"
"If you see one of the devs, let them pass!"
"Aim for Tristan!"

No, don't aim for me *cries*

Quote from danowat :You sad, sad fanboy you, you sound like a pre-pubesent teenage girl at a west-life concert .

Dan.

And your point is?

Will and I have decided on names for the Devs:

Special Scawen and VIP Vic

UK LFS meet, All Welcome
(492 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG