The online racing simulator
Quote from Bob Smith :Many of the apps benefit demo racers. No need to exclude them from everything for the sake of one hacky program. I didn't look at the .ini file when I approved the app but a simply having a binary file format would make sense. If you can decode that then you know enough to edit memory anyway.

The damage has already been done with the release of LFS-Tune and its method of holding the offsets, ciph should just spend 10 minutes knocking together a simple download/update system that can retrieve the data from online. I've already implemented my own update feature that automatically retrieves any updated offsets and such, I think letting them sit in a readable .ini file is just begging for trouble really. I'm sure a few people have clocked on already how to find more of the remaining offsets and use LFS-Tune as a compiled injection like method.
Quote from Rooble :The damage has already been done with the release of LFS-Tune and its method of holding the offsets, ciph should just spend 10 minutes knocking together a simple download/update system that can retrieve the data from online. I've already implemented my own update feature that automatically retrieves any updated offsets and such, I think letting them sit in a readable .ini file is just begging for trouble really. I'm sure a few people have clocked on already how to find more of the remaining offsets and use LFS-Tune as a compiled injection like method.

i was thinking about this an i think i gonna do it like that
Any estimate to when more cars such as the XRR will be supported? I don't know how to find memory addresses.
what how can there be an lfs tweak where you can tweak anything?
rim size was the best , you could pimp outthe XRt on 20's , would handl a lot better as well, you could make it a 6 speed tranny

massive boost, massive engine
a 2 cyl 2.6 litre even

bring backl all the original settings from the very first LFS tweak Pwease :P
Quote from seinfeld :
bring backl all the original settings from the very first LFS tweak Pwease :P

the very first lfs tweak was called powermod....
Quote from Bob Smith :Many of the apps benefit demo racers. No need to exclude them from everything for the sake of one hacky program. I didn't look at the .ini file when I approved the app but a simply having a binary file format would make sense. If you can decode that then you know enough to edit memory anyway.

I see a couple reasons to exclude them from the addons...

They haven't bought the game. Does it really take all this and hours of gameplay to convince people to spend $40 (USD) to buy the game? Sure its great for them to know what is out there, but to be able to get 99% of the addons and make the demo last longer is the exact argument against allowing an open tweak program. Sure there are differences, but the general idea is still there.

It would be a lot easier for those of us that have bought the game to have a forum for licensed racers where we can share and develop mods easier. Shouldn't those of us that have paid have the preference?
Apart from arguing on who should view this thread or who's made the biggest engine, could we just get a status update on the mod? Where are we standing now??
hmm.... i goo buy lfs s2 xD
Good, Why is the thread named to version 1.1?

The downloaded version is 1.0
Good work ciph! What's left? Turbo pressure and tyre size?
does this work with LX cars yet?
anybody notice the rim editor. i wonder what thats for. custom rims or wheel size.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :does this work with LX cars yet?

it works if you tune your xrt and just simply choose the lx's,it will have the xrt's set,4wd lx6 is Brutal!

@ciph: looking nice mate!
needs to put powerBand Width and Turbo pressure...
Thanks. Lots of fun with it

But I still can't wait Bob's tweak with 400 configurable values. When it's out you really can make your own cars to this game.
Quote from ponttooni :Thanks. Lots of fun with it

But I still can't wait Bob's tweak with 400 configurable values. When it's out you really can make your own cars to this game.

400 Values? Own Cars? Doubt it.
whens the next release? this is good stuff
Quote from Panda X :400 Values? Own Cars? Doubt it.

Those are the figures straight from the horse's mouth..
Don't call Bob a Horse!
I didn't mean to, I swear!
nice work ciph!!

i think it will be usefull if you put an optiom to reset the setup to the car's default! sometimes i want to reset and start all over again, and i need to restart LFS to get the default values!
Quote from Dethred :It would be a lot easier for those of us that have bought the game to have a forum for licensed racers where we can share and develop mods easier. Shouldn't those of us that have paid have the preference?

Small but important point.. a private, S2-only forum for modders would only introduce a false sense of security. The truth is that there is no defence against an unscrupulous copy/paster. If the desirable information is posted openly, even on a private forum, it will ultimately finish up where we don't want it to.
This thread is closed

LFS-Tune v2 Beta (Patch Y) - CANCELLED
(820 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG