THiS TWEAK/LFSTune DOESN´T WORK WiTH DEMO
Quote from Pikey_ :More...:

memory addresses...

That covers all the cylinder amounts...

thnx
time for som hexing

NO theres NO version for demo
go buy s2
I just want to say thanks for your hard work. I'm a programmer so I know how much work goes into these things.

You guys just need to lay back and chill. Updates will come when they come. It's not like this guy is being paid to do this so just chill.
dosnt seem to work with me
downloaded it
said missing file so i downloaded missing file and the file says it cant be run :-(
That ocx file needs to be registered with windows. Look through this thread or one of the previous Tweak threads for exact instructions.. It's not complicated at all, but just a matter of a few mouse clicks.
Could people refrain from posting memory addresses? An editor application is fine but the less people who start editing around in LFS memory, the better, IMO. I'm tempted to edit them all out but don't want to look bitter given my involvement in this area. Plus it allows demo racers to create their own programs without licence protection.

Edit: On second thoughts, I'm going to remove those addresses. I hope everyone understands why.
I could see why you would want to remove those address's , but at the same time, if someone has the knowhow and knoledge to actually do something with those addresse's , dont you think that they would eventually be able to find the address's on their own anyways?
Quote from Bob Smith :Could people refrain from posting memory addresses? An editor application is fine but the less people who start editing around in LFS memory, the better, IMO. I'm tempted to edit them all out but don't want to look bitter given my involvement in this area. Plus it allows demo racers to create their own programs without licence protection.

Edit: On second thoughts, I'm going to remove those addresses. I hope everyone understands why.

Good point, instead people who will make better versions of LFS-Tune or any similar app might post it here .
Quote from beefy696969 :I could see why you would want to remove those address's , but at the same time, if someone has the knowhow and knoledge to actually do something with those addresse's , dont you think that they would eventually be able to find the address's on their own anyways?

Yes, or it could be discussed in private. The information is all sitting there I just don't see this forum (of all places) as the place to openly discuss this. In fact it's pretty simple to reverse engineer LFSTweak or LFS Tune to rip all the offsets out of it. I think that's exactly the point. To people who know how to do this, it's merely a (big) time saver. Many people don't, however, and I don't like the idea that every man and his dog is opening up a hex editor and messing about.
Bob, I've been thinking along the same lines. I don't think these memory addresses should be posted and I'd rather they were edited off the forum. I'm not familiar enough with what's what in memory, though, so I think you should be the one to do it. If anyone has an issue with you removing them, point them at me. I'll explain
Quote from SamH :Bob, I've been thinking along the same lines. I don't think these memory addresses should be posted and I'd rather they were edited off the forum. I'm not familiar enough with what's what in memory, though, so I think you should be the one to do it. If anyone has an issue with you removing them, point them at me. I'll explain

Yes I do!
Nah, I really understand this matter. As I'm even memory-editing myself (for the first time, seeking up some values, pretty funny). Thanks to this I even found a 'cheat' which I can use online.

I'll pm you about this...
Quote from Bob Smith :Could people refrain from posting memory addresses? An editor application is fine but the less people who start editing around in LFS memory, the better, IMO. I'm tempted to edit them all out but don't want to look bitter given my involvement in this area. Plus it allows demo racers to create their own programs without licence protection.

speaking of which
i didnt want to bring this up before to not ruin ciphs hard work but wouldnt it be better if he used a non human readable format instead of the current settings.ini ?
i like the idea of quick updates via an external file but havin human readable offsets in there is a bit iffy
Bob, why not just make this forum private for S2 racers?

Demo drivers shouldn't even be able to see the thread titles, much less the actual addons.
Quote from Dethred :Bob, why not just make this forum private for S2 racers?

Demo drivers shouldn't even be able to see the thread titles, much less the actual addons.

good point there
+1
+111
+1
I vote for an S1/S2 only private forum.
+1
Indeed, a private S2/S1 forum for all kind of addons and mods would be good

Btw. Ciph how's the work on lfs-tune? ^^
Good one, +1.
agreed on the s1/s2 only forum
it would cause to many problems i think. but i also think it helps the demo people buy s2 becuz they see the s2 community and programs and other things that only s2 user can use. just my 2 cents
+111
Quote from natedog420 :it would cause to many problems i think. but i also think it helps the demo people buy s2 becuz they see the s2 community and programs and other things that only s2 user can use. just my 2 cents

I dont understand what problems it would cause?
Many of the apps benefit demo racers. No need to exclude them from everything for the sake of one hacky program. I didn't look at the .ini file when I approved the app but a simply having a binary file format would make sense. If you can decode that then you know enough to edit memory anyway.
Let's leave that topic about S1/S2 forum , it has been already mentioned in different post .

That's true, but still it might be harder for demoers to get app like that... at least a little more difficult (and as we know, license protection is not enough[cracks do the stuff ]). Beside creating such a forum isn't too difficult? Um... right? Well... the best protection would be a tweak, which will connect to master server and check the license there(and that should be DEFINITLY aproved by devs, and created by trustworthy person ^^)... but propably it will be hacked to... sooner or later -_-'.
This thread is closed

LFS-Tune v2 Beta (Patch Y) - CANCELLED
(820 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG