The online racing simulator
Quote :Reduced clutch heating by 25%

Woot! Not a complete fix, but hopefully that will be a workable fix for now.

Thanks for addressing our concerns, Scawen. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for the new interiors and updated engine/clutch modeling in the future.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Scawen has said before that any changes to the car models requires an incompatible patch. So, yes, whenever the new car interiors come along the charts will have to be reset again. Knowing that the game is still Alpha, people shouldn't have a problem with the charts resetting. Every time they reset it means that we're making progress.

He's also said before that they don't though.

And I agree, knowing it's not done, people shouldn't have an issue with them being reset regularly.
Quote from Scawen :I've fixed that tyre smoke bug.

I've also reduced clutch heating by 25%. Let me know if that helps things. It's important that people are prevented from constant flat shifting and I fear that this reduction although it may help the XF GTI at Blackwood Rallycross, may also allow too much flat shifting.

Once you can completely fix the clutch behavior, I don't think flatshifting will be a problem. People will either break loose their tires or bog their engines. In either case, they will suffer real life penalties for their actions.

Something to consider for the future: If drivetrain torque > X then broken u-joint.
Quote from Scawen : I fear that this reduction although it may help the XF GTI at Blackwood Rallycross, may also allow too much flat shifting.

I fear that too, since I was pretty much able to flat shift the XRT @ AS1 for quite a number of laps even before this patch.
Quote from GP4Flo :We already had two mass disconnects on redline racing. LFS shows a "name: OOS - PLY" for every player including yourself.

If it keeps happening then maybe hosts will need to upgrade to X35. It's supposed to be compatible but I can't guarantee it as I am working at high speed.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :He's also said before that they don't though.

And I agree, knowing it's not done, people shouldn't have an issue with them being reset regularly.

I wish I could cite the post, but I specifically asked about this issue, oh, last year sometime, I guess it was. Scawen said that changes to the cars require an incompatible patch because moving the driver, wheel, etc. by even a millimeter changes the physics calculations. Of course, he also said that he was changing the way that the physics worked so that polygons were not taken into account when figuring out weight distribution and cg. That last part was said when he was asked about how top heavy cars like the UFR and XFR feel, and how easily they tip over.

So, interior updates definitely DID require an incompatible patch, but I guess I'm not entirely sure if they still DO require one. Maybe he will have time to answer once his work is finished on the test patches.
Quote from Cue-Ball :

Something to consider for the future: If drivetrain torque > X then broken u-joint.

More like:

if drivetrain torque > X then
ujoint strength=ujoint strength - Y
if ujoint strength < Z then BREAK IT

Quote from Cue-Ball :I wish I could cite the post, but I specifically asked about this issue, oh, last year sometime,

Oh, I'm not doubting you I remember that post too Cue. But then there was one where he responded to some bitching and pointed out that "Eric wasn't waiting for him to implement his work" (in the context of it needing an incomp patch), he said Eric's work was just waiting to be done and that Eric didn't want to release partially finished interiors etc. So, I don't know for sure what the scoop is
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Oh, I'm not doubting you I remember that post too Cue. But then there was one where he responded to some bitching and pointed out that "Eric wasn't waiting for him to implement his work" (in the context of it needing an incomp patch), he said Eric's work was just waiting to be done and that Eric didn't want to release partially finished interiors etc. So, I don't know for sure what the scoop is

Found it!

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=298604#post298604

Edit: Still not totally clear if it will require an incompatible patch or not. I guess if the driver doesn't move at all it could be compatible. But, by the time the interiors are ready to go Scawen may have found other things he wants to fix which will require it to be incompatible anyway.
I'm having some weird bug in X34. Watching some cars on the redline racing server, their tyres are smoking all the time as if they'd have a leaking engine.

ME TO
Quote from Scawen :

Changes in TEST PATCH X34 / X35 :

AI :

FIX : Updated Kyoto Oval and National pit lane paths
FIX : AI reported obsolete help flags GC_CUT and GC_BLIP

Auto update system :

Patch files are not deleted until user answers "Restart?"

Interface :

LFS icon now appears at top left of an LFS window
Speedo (both types) improved text size and aspect ratio
Loading a grid no longer loads qualify time / laps / wind
FIX : Load grid / drag strip could result in too many laps

Graphics :

FIX : XRG / XRT / XRR showed sky at bottom of side mirrors

Physics :

Reduced clutch heating by 25%
Tyres / clutch cool down even if the car is out of physics

Language :

Latvian language included (nearly finished - please test)

I don’t want to sound rude or something but are you sure the produced heat decreased by 25% because I can’t find any difference at all :ashamed:
(Maybe the clutch grips a bit better at the point it becomes red, comparing to the previews version, but the difference is barely noticeable.)
Quote :
Physics :

Tyres / clutch cool down even if the car is out of physics

out of physics?
What does it mean?
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :out of physics?
What does it mean?

Cars that are sitting with the engine off are "taken out" of the physics system to reduce overhead. This was detailed earlier in the thread.
Quote from Scawen :If it keeps happening then maybe hosts will need to upgrade to X35. It's supposed to be compatible but I can't guarantee it as I am working at high speed.

Maybe related to that tyre smoke bug? Didn't happen with x35 yet.
whoo x35 is coowl

nice work scawen!
Speedo (both types) improved text size and aspect ratio

And I had my hopes up for the return of digital.
Quote from kurent :Speedo (both types) improved text size and aspect ratio

And I had my hopes up for the return of digital.

TBH, i hadn't noticed any Digital gauges dissapearing, they are all there, same as they were in X12(?)
noobish question: I declined X35 download when it first showed up and now can't get to those download servers again - only normal game server list
Quote :Auto update system :

Patch files are not deleted until user answers "Restart?"

Where are they, not in my LFS folder at least..
I mean X30_TO_X35
Yeah, I just love LFS :bowdown:
Quote from MarioX :noobish question: I declined X35 download when it first showed up and now can't get to those download servers again - only normal game server list

close LFS, restart LFS
Scawen, I did a little laps-to-clutch-failure test, the XFG clutch goes red after about 4-5 BL1 laps of constant flatshifting - seems about fine. I'm also making a XRT test and the clutch temp is about at 1/2 what is needed for overheating, but this is me being on lap 9 already. This means that with the TBO class (or at least XRT) 90% of all public races (considering the average lap count) will be back to flatshift glory again.

Going to make a few more tests with race cars. Speaking of them, can you control the individual clutch strength and heat, respectively, do "race clutches" grip stronger but also heat faster?
stupid me
tnx, Renku!
Quote from Renku :Where are they, not in my LFS folder at least..
I mean X30_TO_X35

Unless you downloaded the new lfsrestart.exe from the main forum, it don't think it's possible that it could take effect until the next patch is released.
Quote from AndroidXP :Scawen, I did a little laps-to-clutch-failure test, the XFG clutch goes red after about 4-5 BL1 laps of constant flatshifting - seems about fine.

I did test it in BL2 and found it almost the same as before.

After a careful nth check I found that it cools down a bit faster.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG