The online racing simulator
Quote from UruNico2641 :It seems, but I'm not sure, because it didn't happen on my Laptops, seeing they are wireless, I'll check on that, BRB!

Also, when the game gets slow, in big races, The Graphics for the Scenery and track degrade.. badly.. I don't know if maybe the game is intending to do this as to not crash, but is this normal?

Have you tried viewing a replay when this kind of stuff happens? If the replay shows it, it might be easier for Scawen to investigate.
Quote from ajp71 :You don't need to use the clutch in the FBM. In the XFG and XRG you must lift off the throttle on upshifts, and ideally blip the throttle on downshifts. If you're driving properly you shouldn't have issues with clutch heat.

great, then i look forward to a video of anyone who's managed to make the clutch last longer than 4 laps on the XFG @ BL2, because i'm dammed if i can

i even tried driving round in 4rd gear........clutch still over heated

obviously scawen doesn't drive xfg's very often
Quote from Barn :great, then i look forward to a video of anyone who's managed to make the clutch last longer than 4 laps on the XFG @ BL2, because i'm dammed if i can

i even tried driving round in 4rd gear........clutch still over heated

obviously scawen doesn't drive xfg's very often

Car does have quite weak clutch, when car gets up into air, you need to back of from throttle as when car lands and you have huge amount of rpm it is either tires or clutch that are going to slip and as clutch can handle so little amount of torque it is clutch that will slip, solution is to lift a bit when you get airborne so that revs don't run higher than they would when tires are in full contact with ground.

I really do hate FWD and I can't drive it fast, but I'm sure you won't loose too much time doing that, also it is same for everyone

Clutch should handle 10-15% more torque perhaps or maybe fault is somewhere else?
Anyway I agree that there is some fault as it is mostly tires that should spin in such situation where you have lot of revs and car lands to ground.
Attached files
JTbo_BL2_XFG_FINISHED.spr - 249.4 KB - 186 views
Quote from JTbo :Car does have quite weak clutch, when car gets up into air, you need to back of from throttle as when car lands and you have huge amount of rpm it is either tires or clutch that are going to slip and as clutch can handle so little amount of torque it is clutch that will slip, solution is to lift a bit when you get airborne so that revs don't run higher than they would when tires are in full contact with ground.

I really do hate FWD and I can't drive it fast, but I'm sure you won't loose too much time doing that, also it is same for everyone

Clutch should handle 10-15% more torque perhaps or maybe fault is somewhere else?
Anyway I agree that there is some fault as it is mostly tires that should spin in such situation where you have lot of revs and car lands to ground.

lol, thanks for replay, no Offence , but you were driving round some 5 to six seconds of racing pace !

(best I’ve managed so far is 1:09.42, but once dinosaur and mosseman have worked there magic with the new setup, times will be in the 1:08’s)

But even running so slowly, your clutch was getting hot, so I agree, the clutch on the XFG needs to be looked at!

Thanks once again.......
Quote from JTbo :Clutch should handle 10-15% more torque perhaps or maybe fault is somewhere else?

I think that 10-15% is not even close to enough. Even very light vehicles with weak engines have clutches that can withstand hundreds of pounds of torque. You might blow a clutch plate into tiny pieces, but it's probably not going to slip unless you slip it a lot and overheat the clutch during use. Clutches just don't slip like they currently do in LFS. Aftermarket clutches and (at least some) race clutches are even LESS likely to slip because they use a very "sticky" material and they use centrifugal force to increase clamping power (the faster you rev, the tighter they grab).

Clutches should overheat and slip IF people are slipping them during launch or riding the clutch a lot. They should not slip at all when the pedal is being released normally, even if the driver is powershifting.

If you rev a car and dump the clutch, there are a few possibilities of what would normally happen:
1) The tires break loose
2) The tires grip and the engine bogs or dies
3) The clutch, rear end, U-joint, or something else breaks
4) The clutch slips

I've never in my life seen #4 happen before #1-3. In fact, the only time I've ever seen a clutch slip is when it gets very old and worn or when it's slipped several times in a row during launches. #4 should never happen on an unmodded car without slipping the clutch a lot, because your clutch should always be able to withstand more torque than your engine can produce.
Quote from Woyta :I play X30 more and more and I am more and more thinking about sale of my licence.

My feeling is: I am playing arcade, not simulator.
Control car in slide: easier
Control car on 2 wheels: easier

Sorry.

A smart man once said that as racing sims get better, controling the car will get easier because it will feel more natural. People slide around all the time in real life so why shouldn't you be able to in a simulator?
Quote from Barn :lol, thanks for replay, no Offence , but you were driving round some 5 to six seconds of racing pace !

That is how slow I am with that car, I hate that car

South city chicane and gravel courses seem to initiate this problem as tires get bit light/air in those, engine speeds up and when tires bite clutch slips, maybe some other bumpy South city courses too, but haven't now driven those.
This i kinda wierd. i was was makin a setup for the BMW ok set the fuel at 6% for a 5 lap race. I raced a bit, then quit and went to a different server and i picked a diffrent car. Wierd thing is, is that the fuel i set for the BMW was on this car too. I thought, Did I set it to this? No No, not possible i never put 6% fuel in GTR's. I at least put 50%.

Anyone else have this Problem?

edit: pit tyre change was changed to what i had on the BMW too.
Quote from Monkay :This i kinda wierd. i was was makin a setup for the BMW ok set the fuel at 6% for a 5 lap race. I raced a bit, then quit and went to a different server and i picked a diffrent car. Wierd thing is, is that the fuel i set for the BMW was on this car too. I thought, Did I set it to this? No No, not possible i never put 6% fuel in GTR's. I at least put 50%.

Anyone else have this Problem?

edit: pit tyre change was changed to what i had on the BMW too.

Those are things which are not related to the setup in any way. They might be in the setup screen but they are not part of the setup (file). You should really know that by now with a join date like that
It's always been like that.
Quote from atledreier :It's always been like that.

actually not quite since there was a time without these settings, remember?
:tired:wow. u serious? maybe I blacked out. I seriously DO NOT remember that not being part of the setup.... :wow:
Quote from axus :A smart man once said that as racing sims get better, controling the car will get easier because it will feel more natural. People slide around all the time in real life so why shouldn't you be able to in a simulator?

I feel it more arcade. It is too easy. And passion is away.
LFS should be a racing simulator. Not screenshot generator.

BTW:
Blackwood was updated but this is still not fixed.
In lastest patch (in X30 also) tires temperature is going up too fast, You should do something with it.

Sorry for my poor English
#865 - Don
Quote from Woyta :I feel it more arcade. It is too easy. And passion is away.
LFS should be a racing simulator. Not screenshot generator.

BTW:
Blackwood was updated but this is still not fixed.

you didnt sell your license yet?
Quote from _rzal_mi_cie_ :In lastest patch (in X30 also) tires temperature is going up too fast, You should do something with it.

it's not a problem try to drive more carefuly :heyjoe67_
Quote from _rzal_mi_cie_ :In lastest patch (in X30 also) tires temperature is going up too fast, You should do something with it.

As far as i understood it, the temprature and wear settings are now more realistic so you should do something with your setups (add more preasure for instance) / driving technique (do not oversteer that much, meaning when you are losing grip inside a turn, more turn wont do the job but less speed).

Read the improvements list:

Physics :

- Racing tyres generate more heat and wear more quickly

So its not a bug but a feature.
What is meant wiht "racing tyres"?? All the tyre fysics seem different... Or is it just me?
I think racing tyres refers to the slicks. Not sure if road supers are affected, too.

Quote from MillerM :What is meant wiht "racing tyres"?? All the tyre fysics seem different... Or is it just me?

Tyres R1, R2 and R3 now heat up a little more quickly and wear more quickly. The tiny bit of increased heating also results in a tiny bit more rolling resistance. If your tyres are overheating, you should use the next R number up - that is intended.

All other tyres and all other aspects of tyre physics are not changed.
Quote from Barn :great, then i look forward to a video of anyone who's managed to make the clutch last longer than 4 laps on the XFG @ BL2, because i'm dammed if i can

You expect going over rallycross jumps wouldn't be very hard on a clutch IRL?

I agree, you can have red tyres at T1, thats just cant be right
tyres are not red in T1.... Maybe in the second lap if you are veeeery agressive...
WTF? Deluxe 3000
I find it wierd that i (almost) have no problems with the clutch overheating or the tiers popping. By the way i don't drive slow.

But after looking for about three hour i found out that cars have an function called braking (irony and hint but still no offence)
Quote from Scawen :Tyres R1, R2 and R3 now heat up a little more quickly

quickly is an euphemism
It seems crazy when you see track racers (irl) warming up their tires violently, or seeing rallymen going sideways in hundreds of corners ; in LFS after 3 corners your tires are gone if do not drive like a grandmother
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG