The online racing simulator
Quote from danowat :Interesting, seems like bump starting isn't implemented.

I cannot bump start the engine too... What should I do? I'm going 30km/h, I switch off the engine and put the 1st or second gear and drop the clutch...The engine isn't starting... Any help?
Quote from [RF]-art555 :I cannot bump start the engine too... What should I do? I'm going 30km/h, I switch off the engine and put the 1st or second gear and drop the clutch...The engine isn't starting... Any help?

Try on 5th gear
nope...doesn't start anyway... (Tried in RB4 btw)
Quote from StableX :
Overall Verdict
: An excellent patch addressing many of the issues needed. Clutch heat should be a cvar for those wanting to drift or to setup longer endurance races using the classes they want. For the majority of server admins and owners, I think they'd want the clutch to heat and remain, but some wont and that should be an option. Marks: 9/10!

to get any real heat into the clutch while drifting, i had to really thrash the clutch on the skidpan to get it above 1/4 heat.. if ya can do clean changes, ya wont notice much heat in the clutch while drifting i found..
Quote from [RF]-art555 :I cannot bump start the engine too... What should I do? I'm going 30km/h, I switch off the engine and put the 1st or second gear and drop the clutch...The engine isn't starting... Any help?

By switching off the engine you also switched off the ignition, thus no bump start.
duh!....*fires up LFS to test*

EDIT: Indeed it works, was kinda hard to make the car stall tho and keep it going
PC lockup
I am getting lockups with this patch. I need to do more testing to figure out if its related to number of cars on the track or if it only happens on a particular track etc. I was wondering Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? It doesn't happen a lot. But its has happened to me about 3 times now over 3 days.
Quote from DratsaB :I am getting lockups with this patch. I need to do more testing to figure out if its related to number of cars on the track or if it only happens on a particular track etc. I was wondering Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? It doesn't happen a lot. But its has happened to me about 3 times now over 3 days.

Maybe you are forgeting to blip in down shiftings go test it
I think he means software crashes (the computer locks up) rather than LFS car problems. No, I've not experienced this, or heard of it yet.
Quote from tiagolapa :Maybe you are forgeting to blip in down shiftings go test it

uhh, I mean my pc is crashing. sorry if that wasn't clear..bad choice of words when discussing a race sim I guess
-
([RF]-art555) DELETED by [RF]-art555 : secret
Oh sry. It makes sense now
Quote from DratsaB :I am getting lockups with this patch. I need to do more testing to figure out if its related to number of cars on the track or if it only happens on a particular track etc. I was wondering Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? It doesn't happen a lot. But its has happened to me about 3 times now over 3 days.

This has happened a few times (2 i think) to me, im my case it is the graphics card that get too hot, being winter i open my window. But now i have limited my graphics card to 62 FPS, and it VERY rarely happens that it misses a frame or 3, and when that happens i open the window, and it stops missing frames... Usually it happened in races with large grids...

BTW have seen my graphics cars top out at around 320 FPS, but as i said, limited it to 62, which it cannot even hold in large grid races, then it goes below, and then it starts to get hot again... Maybe i should consider watercooling, as i don't want the noise of the computer...

Just a suggestion... Click
Quote from [RF]-art555 :duh!....*fires up LFS to test*

EDIT: Indeed it works, was kinda hard to make the car stall tho and keep it going

Try the BF1 with this technique
When does this patch go live?
Quote from anttt69 :When does this patch go live?

Before Christmas, assuming Scawen can find and the bugs that have been reported.
355kB/s cant wait
I play X30 more and more and I am more and more thinking about sale of my licence.

My feeling is: I am playing arcade, not simulator.
Control car in slide: easier
Control car on 2 wheels: easier

Sorry.
hey guys have 1 question, do u have to put damage repair[yes] if you want your flat tyres to be changed, i had damage repair[no] set and when i went in pits with rear flat tyres flat it said changing rear left, changing rear right and pitstop finished but tyres were still flat...is it bug or damage repair must be set to YES

EDIT: ok its known bug
x31 problems
Hi, i have problems with the new patch x31 when i play online in demo the cars just bounce around and when i try to play s2 the game frezes. so please help me figure out whats wrong...
Quote from Woyta :I play X30 more and more and I am more and more thinking about sale of my licence.

My feeling is: I am playing arcade, not simulator.
Control car in slide: easier
Control car on 2 wheels: easier

Sorry.

If its half as bad as you say, noone will want to buy your license.

Quote from Gaas :hey guys have 1 question, do u have to put damage repair[yes] if you want your flat tyres to be changed, i had damage repair[no] set and when i went in pits with rear flat tyres flat it said changing rear left, changing rear right and pitstop finished but tyres were still flat...is it bug or damage repair must be set to YES

EDIT: ok its known bug

Known bug

Quote from Alexthe1 :Hi, i have problems with the new patch x31 when i play online in demo the cars just bounce around and when i try to play s2 the game frezes. so please help me figure out whats wrong...

Thats weird.
Cool, I'll try this one out. Thanks
same...
I'm having the same problem, or simliar... whenever I join a large game, the game seems to lag badly, and also starts to act wierd, the car sometimes just starts crumpling up??? by itself until the wheel basically are Horizontal what the heck could that bug be?

I've tried in in 5 computers, and it happened in 2 of them, 3 Desktops and 2 Laptops, it happened in 2 of the 3 Desktops??

ALso, the when I start from pit in a busy server, the Car goes flying out of the pit and shoots backwards and slams into the fence.. ??? what could that be?
Quote from UruNico2641 :ALso, the when I start from pit in a busy server, the Car goes flying out of the pit and shoots backwards and slams into the fence.. ??? what could that be?

A tiny bit of lag, and hitting the side of the pit walls/divider meaning the old collision bug-o-matic physics doing their magic?
Ahhhh ok..
Quote from Origamiboy :You are missing the point. Before X30 many LFS demo-ers stuck with it with no real intention to buy S2 because they could drift in the XRT. The demo is intended to be a taster for S2, not a free game.

As has been said, the demo now reflects more accurately what LFS is about, and gives demo users more of an incentive to buy. Personally, I think Scavier have been more than kind with demo content thus far.

The devs need to eat, you know...

Ok, I get it, FB02 has to be part of the demo, and yes I agree that Scawen does need to live.. lol otherwise he wouldn't be doing this..

I'm sorry for all the last posts, but yes, I see what you mean... XRT gave alot of freedom, but I just didn't want LFS Demo to become too small.. I'd stongly suggest that video on You-Tube which is amazing... titled "Just Racing", that SHOULD be the official Video for LFS, which looks amazing, and People then will see whats Ahead of them if they buy S2, if they want to experience the True-to-Life racing..

Nick

PS. I have an Encoder for OGG Tracks, is it possible to switch them over to MP3, and have a custom Folder in LFS where you can put in your favorite songs???? lol this is also probably mentioned a thousand times

but thanxs Origamiboy.. You've helped me re-discover what LFS is really about.. lol An Online Massive Multiplayer Racing Simulator, and one of the best!!!
Quote from unseen :A tiny bit of lag, and hitting the side of the pit walls/divider meaning the old collision bug-o-matic physics doing their magic?

It seems, but I'm not sure, because it didn't happen on my Laptops, seeing they are wireless, I'll check on that, BRB!

Also, when the game gets slow, in big races, The Graphics for the Scenery and track degrade.. badly.. I don't know if maybe the game is intending to do this as to not crash, but is this normal?
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG