The online racing simulator
Quote from JTbo :You have an egg, you peel it and find that it is chocolate inside, sweet, you like it.

Next day you get new egg, you peel it but it is real egg, yuck, not sweet at all.

But isn't real egg still better for you than chocolate egg, even it may not be as sweet right away

That's profound dude

omg, I said dude
Quote from JTbo :You have an egg, you peel it and find that it is chocolate inside, sweet, you like it.

Next day you get new egg, you peel it but it is real egg, yuck, not sweet at all.

But isn't real egg still better for you than chocolate egg, even it may not be as sweet right away

Great analogy there.

Realism is will be the most distinguished specialty of this sim besides of other sims imo.
Thank you Scawen and his team for their efforts. Keep up good work.
Quote from JoeVega :I don't want Scawen to think, that I dont respect him. I respect him, respect for this great sim, but i think that critics can be usefull, for his further work, don't u think?

It was more directed towards Venus, and the more illogical arguments people having been angrily spewing out. Constructive criticism, examples as in the discussion of the TBO/GTR balance or in the cases like the clutch modeling are very usefull I'd imagine, but as I am not a developer, I do not know.

Quote from JoeVega :And, damn! What the hell happened with tarmac? It seemes to me, that thirty bulldozers cruised threw all tracks and destroyed smooth tarmac, car is shaking on each track... I'm upset. The game is going to be 2nd "rFactor" soon(((

As it has been said before, LFS did not accurately reproduce real life racing environment in terms of the predominately smooth surfaces. Racing can be pretty violent in the way the road and the car interact with one another. Presumably the interaction between the car and track is now modeled in a way Scawen believes is closer to a realistic driving environment. Added to that is the fact he said you old setups are probably useless now; so if you are on an outdated setup it could be making your experience worse.

Sorry you feel the patch has made things worse. Hopefully you will see how it is leading LFS forwards.
sorry if this has allready been asked but i cant be botherd looking back pages, can i make it so that i can look left/right 90 degree without pressing more than one button because i dont have two thumbs on one hand
Hi, Scawen.
I really liked the new Formula and Blackwood. And I just wanted to ask about rearview mirror. Why can't you add that mirror to the 'follow' camera? I like that camera very much, because I can see when someone is overtaking me. That wouldn't be very realistic, but it would be helpfull. So what about that mirror? Maybe you could add it?
Sorry for my terrible english.
Quote from Scawen :What is this, patch has been out for three days now, time for Mr Angry to start popping up all over the place?

Scawen! I have to admit that your message is not fair! I think the overall feedback is very very positive... you should not only consider the (mainly rediculous) negative comments!

Relax... work on the bug fixes, stay happy! You have a good reason to be proud of what you have achieved especially with all these small changes in this patch and of course the whole project!

Greets and keep smiling
ive downloaded it......now wot do i do to use it?....lol??????????? heeeeelp!
I dont really know why those ppl are whining about it now. You guys were all obsessed when Scawen released a Video of it. He told us all of the new feature's.

Just that u guys aren't really nice to Scawen. I think that this patch really is one of the best improvement ever. And I heard someone saying that lfs is heading Rfactor 2nd, It's not okay. LFS is far more better than those stupid ISI games.

I think that this patch is a huge jump to a next level of sim. Grat Job Scawen!
Quote from Tarakonaz :Hi, Scawen.
I really liked the new Formula and Blackwood. And I just wanted to ask about rearview mirror. Why can't you add that mirror to the 'follow' camera? I like that camera very much, because I can see when someone is overtaking me. That wouldn't be very realistic, but it would be helpfull. So what about that mirror? Maybe you could add it?

Look: Options/view/mirror mode
Quote :ive downloaded it......now wot do i do to use it?....lol??????????? heeeeelp!

Extract to lfs folder
Quote from egghed6 :ive downloaded it......now wot do i do to use it?....lol??????????? heeeeelp!

No offense, but if you can't figure out how to apply the test patch, you should probably just wait a few days until Patch Y is released.
Quote :RB4 - reduced mass by 18 kg / FXO - reduced tyre width
FXO GTR - reduced mass by 20 kg to improve GTR balance
GTR class also balanced by engine / gearboxes changes

Well this sucks, finally plucked up the courage to try it out downloaded X30 and X31 on flash get but im gettin 2 different games i try to open the game and it said error cannot open HEL_DEFAULT.JPG or something and wont let me open the game, besides how to i make that X30 to X31 as they are both different games!
Help please
Quote from JoeVega :Look: Options/view/mirror mode

You can't do that on 'follow' camera...

Scawen, I am repeating my message.
No need to repeat. He will see the other one. In fact, repeating it is just going to make him less likely to respond.
Quote from Venus :The other annoying thing, is the fox and fxr aren't much of a challenge anymore. The chicane in the fox at as2 was a beautifully technical corner, but now I even reduced my wing down to 1/3 from 3/5 and still it would go thru flat, with total ease. Before, it always skipped and skidded a little, with just slight instabilty, that was gorgeous. Now, even with 1/3 wing, it goes thru it like its on rails. The FXR is the same. Talking to people on servers who race fox who have tried it, seems many of those don't like it either.

I must agree since I'm an AS2/FOX junky. The car got casterated on a way a man even doesn't deserve. Yet I decide to support this game - if its realism it is, and the game is far from being final so things might change. Good or bad, realism overrules some things.

I personally like the new gearing system, makes me word harder ... and I'm khooked on SO6 + the new BMW, its fun to drive with the FOX too!

I might be new, and I might have had way to little sleep to get my PF of 1:00.69 on AS2 but I'm confident things won't stay this way; hopefully.

Keep up the good work!

Quote from JTbo :I guess it is that people don't understand what Alpha stands for. Maybe it is needed to limit test patch availability to only those that have been around bit longer?

That could leave some valuable testers out, not that I really see myself as one.. but I didn't want to miss this test for sure
i know this is only the test patch and i realy like what u have done with it but y have u removed the xrt. yes too make people want S2 but thats just gonna put of people. the xrt is the only car most people on demo drive. cant u get rid of the xrg instead. lots of people in demo have made lots of skins for the xrt and its all gonna be wasted and not everyone has the money to get S2.

ah well... goodbye XRT my friend
i see what you did there ^

also +1 for more gear whine
Quote from shadowcheese :not everyone has the money to get S2.

I managed to decipher your lapses of txt spk into real words, and came to the following conclusion.

Get a paper round. Or wash some cars. Or get a job. Or anything that will earn you the money for S2. Having an XRT isn't some kind of divine right.
Quote from STROBE :I managed to decipher your lapses of txt spk into real words, and came to the following conclusion.

Get a paper round. Or wash some cars. Or get a job. Or anything that will earn you the money for S2. Having an XRT isn't some kind of divine right.

...and you only have to buy S1 to use XRT.
Quote from shadowcheese :i know this is only the test patch and i realy like what u have done with it but y have u removed the xrt. yes too make people want S2 but thats just gonna put of people. the xrt is the only car most people on demo drive. cant u get rid of the xrg instead. lots of people in demo have made lots of skins for the xrt and its all gonna be wasted and not everyone has the money to get S2.

ah well... goodbye XRT my friend

You have a multi-car class, racing via the XRG vs. the XFG. Getting rid of the XRG would ruin the multi-car class, which is kinda what LFS is about.
AND You have the FBM.
AND You have unlimited online racing.
AND You don't have to pay for it.
AND LFS S1 is just 12 pounds.
Ops wrong place.
Quote from Scawen : You probably just need to change your gear ratios a bit. Setups from pre-X30 aren't really valid any more. .

Why do all the obvious bits get glossed over so frequently ?
(rhetorical)
Quote from Flycantbird :Why do all the obvious bits get glossed over so frequently ?
(rhetorical)

I've wondered that myself alot in the last few days.

After 10mins of test driving I'd already concluded that the lsd diff's could be set much more like real life now and that cambers could come down from there extreames of pre X30 as well as gear ratios and even tyre pressures need readjusting.

Fantastic progress so far in my view Scawen I find all the cars that much more believable and can only look forward to the future of LFS with newfound promise as you develop the sim futher.

Quote from Scawen :As you say, they don't simulate the individual firings at the moment, their power comes from a calculated torque curve creating an effect similar to reality but not detailed and interesting enough to be how we'd like it to be in the end. The same goes for the turbo simulation of course. And the clutch will be worked on at some point as well. LFS just gradually gets more and more detailed as time goes on.

now i understand why people dislike drifters so much..
i cant watch out anymore. I dont like this. I will see the cars beside me. i hate the pitspotter!

...its ok developers, one button more for watching at side.... it is ok..... watch back removed at some cars is also ok, sorry for posting. Great work developers!
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG