The online racing simulator
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Since the speedo in XFG and als XRG etc is not readable the digital one is a must. Especially since they dont have a limiter.

Why on earth would anyone look at the speedo when racing?.

When you do a trackday, you are TOLD in no uncertain terms to tape up the speedo so it doesn't distract you, you do not need a speedo to race.

Digital speedo is fairly unrealistic in roadcars, and I am glad it's gone.
i have a problem with controller too, but it's a little different:
i use mouse to steer and keyboard for anything else, both usb.
most of the shifts up and shifts down are missed if button control rate is set to maximum the problem is less evident, with button control rate to minimum, it's almost impossible to change gear especially if any other key is pressed, the strange thing is that with the new car, this problem is really evident while with other cars much less.

at first i tought it was a new "feature" of realism, where autoclutch was removed and throttle must be released to change gear, but this obviously not the case.

PS thanks for this new update, the new engine moment of inertia greatly improved realism of cars!!!
Quote from danowat :Why on earth would anyone look at the speedo when racing?.

When you do a trackday, you are TOLD in no uncertain terms to tape up the speedo so it doesn't distract you, you do not need a speedo to race.

Digital speedo is fairly unrealistic in roadcars, and I am glad it's gone.

Read! Not talking racing but pitting on limit. How the hell do i see if i am going 70kmh?
Quote from E-Z.BasTi :Nearly same Problem here!

I am using Driving Force Pro. The Game shows me "5 Game-Controllers detected". But i only have one, the DFP.

Ok, on the right side he show me my axis (wheel, throttle, brake) and they are working. But if i put the throttle or something else, the pedal-balks are not moving! Same with the wheel, i turn it, axis move, but the wheel in game is not moving.

OK, i put off my Keyboard, then it works.
Now i use another Keyboard and it is working...

But i want to use my normal keyboard. Hope it will be possible with full patch.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Read! Not talking racing but pitting on limit. How the hell do i see if i am going 70kmh?

Fair point
A small glitch in Controls menu
I found a small glitch in the Controls menu. When you have Buttons 1 selected and the you click with the mouse, Accelerate flashes white.
ISSUE:

The car skin download screen is unreadable. The text and background are the same color. Make the text black!?
Attached images
Car skin downloads screen.JPG
Well, i have the controller-problem too

Wheel:

Logitech DFP

Problem:

Logitech Freedom 2.4 Joystick

When i disconnect the Joystick from the USB Port, all works fine... With it, nothing happens! No moving of any Axis!
Quote from the_angry_angel :I've also had a problem with the Saitek R440 Force. In order to get LFS to use it I had to disable a number of other HID devices within the device manager to get it working. Of course this has a few side effects..

Edit: I also have a Saitek gaming keyboard which appears to cause this. because it reports as a gaming related HID, it appears to take prescedence over everything else for LFS.

Franky/jasonmatthews, if you dont use the extra pad for LFS then carefully check the device manager and disable the HIDs, one at a time, until something starts working. For me it was a combination of a few that seems to sort it.

Cheers TAA, i tried that earlier but missed 2 of them... disabling one of the HID devices has worked.. Cheers for that TAA,
I just went to look at the options by clicking it and the whole game locks up and dissipears from screen. No fatal error. Nothing. Just, gone.
Quote from geeman1 :I found a small glitch in the Controls menu. When you have Buttons 1 selected and the you click with the mouse, Accelerate flashes white.

That's because by default the left mouse button is bound to "accelerate" and the right one to "brake"
Quote from AndroidXP :That's because by default the left mouse button is bound to "accelerate" and the right one to "brake"

Damn, you are right
Graphics glitch: the racing line is sometimes drawn on top of the "plank" of the FBM (see attached screenie), and sometimes halfway through it.
Attached images
fbm.PNG
Quote from falcon5 :
Turned out that the Gamepad was the problem in my case. When it is plugged in no axis works. When I plug it out G25 and VPP axes work as usual.

Sad thing is that I need that gamepad to use my additional buttons on the G25. I hope this is fixable - should be as it worked perfectly in X10.

Same with my Thrustmaster USB Gamepad, if I have it connected the G25 wont work.
Quote from wsinda :Graphics glitch: the racing line is sometimes drawn on top of the "plank" of the FBM (see attached screenie), and sometimes halfway through it.

I think they thought it's better to be safe and draw the line too high rather than risking too many bug reports and ugly visuals by having the ideal line vanish behind the track on sudden elevation changes (like you can see on some places with the skidmarks and racing line).
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Read! Not talking racing but pitting on limit. How the hell do i see if i am going 70kmh?

You look at the speedo? Seems obvious to me. Whilst you might not be able to drive within 1mph of the limit anymore, you are still perfectly able to stay below the limit. You'll get used to it

The only think I think needs attention really is the clutch - it's a bit too easy to start (clutch is too forgiving at the moment), although that might be because we're not used to balancing clutch vs heat vs acceleration, so I can let that go.

But I do think the clutches heat up a bit too quick on the lower powered cars - road cars and small single seaters. Even with aggressive, rushed clutching after a spin it should basically start to slip immediately. I know - I spin in real life often enough

Tweak these two things and it'll be a lot better. Maybe reduce the engines ability to avoid stalling a bit too - if the revs go below say 500rpm there should be a clonk and a jolt as the engine stalls, not a gradually fall away like now.
Can't we use /echo anymore? It says I need to be admin to use it...
No pit limiter in FOX (at least at SO6). Was it removed, or is it a bug?
FOX: This car does not have a speed limiter (yippee!)
Suggestion: option to choose whether you want the 45+90 degrees left/right view or the old 90 degrees mode.
This may be an old thing, I haven't searched the old bug threads.

I Tried to get in a server earlier. Joined, and got an JOOS error.
The game then tried to reconnect me automatically, but by now there was a join queue, and I was at #6.
This screen has a cancel-button, only it doesn't cancel. Pressing that button makes the cancel button disappear a few seconds while I get put in the back of the queue, and then it reappears. I would think the Cancelbutton should take me back to the server listing?
Quote from motary :Not sure whether this is the right place, but:

Tyres are not inflated after deflated ones have been replaced:

I just experienced this...popped a tire, went into the pits, tire was replaced. the message was displayed that it was being replaced, and outside temps were the default blue, but the inside was black. did a visual confirm from outside the car, and the tire was definitely flat.

confirmed this on several track in both single player and multiplayer.

for the blown tire to actually be fixed, repair damage has to be set to yes in the pit instructions.

can't imagine any pit crew would replace a warm blown tire with a cold blown tire
About the controller issue :

I'm surprised this has come up as I don't remember changing anything that would affect controllers.

To help me understand and reproduce it, what is the simplest way to describe the problem? Is it :

1) Simply that multiple controllers aren't detected any more?

Or :

2) Is it specific fancy keyboards that somehow break the new LFS but not the old one, but when you use a normal keyboard you can then use multiple controllers?
I have a G25 as well as a button interface that is seen as a controler. Every thing worked fine before this patch. Now i can see and program the clutch and gears but in game it will not shift up or down when in manual. Sequential and auto work fine.
OK... so the controls screen works perfectly, as expected? And it's only going wrong when you are trying to drive the car? Is that the same for everyone?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG