The online racing simulator
Quote from chanoman315 :other bug:
when lfs starts it changes your skins into dds files.. but today one skin was converted like 5 times (the times i opened lfs today) , and every time it converts again and again...

Either your skin was made in the future or your computer is in the past.

It's something to do with file times. If you made a skin when your computer's clock was in the future then it keeps thinking it is more recent that the converted file.
Could it also be that the file name is simply too long, so for example the skin
"XRT_MyAwesomeAwesomeAwesomeSkin.jpeg"
gets converted to
"XRT_MyAwesomeAwesomeAwesome.dds"
because of the max character length, and because of that it never understands that it has already converted the skin? I think I already saw that problem when the skin converting was first introduced.
Quote from CycloNe88 :I can't see my pedals in the controller list controller list is cut off at the bottom of the page so i can't see it nor select it... :s Its not my resolution either cause i could see it in x30. I'm using 1680x1050.

screen: (resized) http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b78/17Screamer/1-3.jpg

OK, I've made it so the axis display shrinks down if you have so many axes. This fix will be in this evening's version.

I'm just making a special note now to make sure you see it and check it this evening, as you are the only one I've heard of with so many axes!
Quote from Scawen :Either your skin was made in the future or your computer is in the past.

It's something to do with file times. If you made a skin when your computer's clock was in the future then it keeps thinking it is more recent that the converted file.

weird... its solved now
RacingLine visible after saving MP replay
Not sure if this has been reported, but here is the story: been racing LX4 on new South City Chicane, after the race saved MP replay, and after saving the racing line was visible to me.
Look at the attachments.
Attached images
mp_bug_1.jpg
mp_bug_2.jpg
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Its the full version.

EDIT: solved. seems to be a resurfaced admin password and the firewall needed permission. Dont know how it could completely freeze but i can bind my port now.

Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :After X32 my chatwindow seems to cause the system to become unresponsive if i want to bind my insim port with /insim?

I have now more and better info. It is partly me because after every patch i try the AI to see there changes in behaviour and i use an insim app. The problem is that i cant allow lfs.exe for the firewall and insim make a local connection that triggers the firewall. If i use the multiplayer window (ie serverlist) then i am prompted in a windowed environment and i can make the adjustments.

Conclusion;
In singleplayer mode initializing insim without allowing the new lfs.exe in firewall causes system freeze.
Love the new size of numbers on the dash, they're really clear but there's one "BUG".

See the rev needle goes behind fuel indicator. I don't know if there is solution to that really... maybe the fuel indicator should be moved to the left or something

But yeah nice updates still!
Attached images
needle.png
some pics... a floating helmet lol.. and then in shift f mode i can see the whole body... sorry if its the wrong section
Attached images
lfs_00000012.JPG
lfs_00000013.JPG
X33
Dials do not move in Shift+U. Speedo etc.
Was driving FXO when I spotted on S06R
Hope I haven't repeated anything that was already known
Tom
What are you talking about?
Hello there.

Dont know if this has allready been said, but why is the rpm gauge numbers etc stretched and weird looking now in x33?
Iv made a picture at the bottom of the screen, btw i use 1680x1050 res

Thanks
Attached images
Untitled-2.jpg
Quote from chanoman315 :some pics... a floating helmet lol.. and then in shift f mode i can see the whole body... sorry if its the wrong section

Put LOD detail to 1.00 in option's
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Dont know if this has allready been said, but why is the rpm gauge numbers etc stretched and weird looking now in x33?

The numbers for the gauges were made larger since some people can't read the smaller numbers used by the analog dials on their small screens.
Throttle setup
I drive with a joystick which is necessarily combined axis for throttle and brake. I know there are a few wheels are there which are combined axis as well so they'd be affected by this too. What this means is that it's impossible to apply throttle while braking. I tried setting a joystick button to throttle as well as an axis so I could manually blip the throttle on down changes but it doesn't work. Is there a way around this?
Quote from Cue-Ball :The numbers for the gauges were made larger since some people can't read the smaller numbers used by the analog dials on their small screens.

Why should it effect 1680x1050 res then?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Put LOD detail to 1.00 in option's

nope... i have low fps... but i didnt had that issue before
Cluttered speedos in some cars
The speedometers on the XFG, XRG and LX4 are a bit cluttered because the speed markings are displayed every 20km whereas the rest are clean looking and okay since they're spaced out every 40km.
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Why should it effect 1680x1050 res then?

It's not a matter of resolution, it's a matter of physical size. If you're running LFS on a 17" monitor, the dials will be small no matter what resolution you are running. If you're running it on a projector, the gauges will be large - again, no matter what resolution you are running. Resolution has nothing to do with the size of the gauges, and even if it did there is absolutely no reason to put in extra code or functionality on a per-resolution basis.
Quote from Resound :I drive with a joystick which is necessarily combined axis for throttle and brake. I know there are a few wheels are there which are combined axis as well so they'd be affected by this too. What this means is that it's impossible to apply throttle while braking. I tried setting a joystick button to throttle as well as an axis so I could manually blip the throttle on down changes but it doesn't work. Is there a way around this?

You either need to buy another controller or use another input on the controller you've got. For instance, you could use one button for gas and one for brake or you can use the throttle slider that many joysticks have as the throttle. But there's no way to make a third axis on a controller that is, by definition, two axis.
the new speedos and revs marker are a bit big? x33.... i will like the option to choose at what size do u want them... same as the text
Speedo size is perhaps not a bug really, first they were too small, now too big, maybe remove them completely as nothing is good and we have patch Y without speedos?
Quote from chanoman315 :the new speedos and revs marker are a bit big? x33.... i will like the option to choose at what size do u want them... same as the text

That's probably a lot easier said than done.
Quote from Cue-Ball :It's not a matter of resolution, it's a matter of physical size. If you're running LFS on a 17" monitor, the dials will be small no matter what resolution you are running. If you're running it on a projector, the gauges will be large - again, no matter what resolution you are running. Resolution has nothing to do with the size of the gauges, and even if it did there is absolutely no reason to put in extra code or functionality on a per-resolution basis.

Quote from chanoman315 :the new speedos and revs marker are a bit big? x33.... i will like the option to choose at what size do u want them... same as the text

Ss he said ^ a option to change the size like a slider or somthing would be good, because on fairly high resolutions like 1680x1050 etc the speedos arent bigger but they look stretched and horrible
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Ss he said ^ a option to change the size like a slider or somthing would be good, because on fairly high resolutions like 1680x1050 etc the speedos arent bigger but they look stretched and horrible

The only reason I can think of that something would look "stretched" is if you are running a resolution that does not correspond to the aspect ratio on your monitor. Therefore, that wouldn't be an issue with LFS, but rather it would be an issue with the resolution you are trying to display.

Can you post a screenshot?
Quote from Cue-Ball :The only reason I can think of that something would look "stretched" is if you are running a resolution that does not correspond to the aspect ratio on your monitor. Therefore, that wouldn't be an issue with LFS, but rather it would be an issue with the resolution you are trying to display.

Can you post a screenshot?

go back a page neer the bottom posts i put a picture of befor and after, no settings changed just started lfs like normal with all screen settings the same

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG