The online racing simulator
not sure if this qualifies as a bug but the car shadows do flicker a lot
Quote from Shotglass :not sure if this qualifies as a bug but the car shadows do flicker a lot

What graphics card, driver version, operating system (XP or Vista) ?
7800gtx 169.09 and xp

but it seems to be irrelevant since both cassebent and illegal had the same problem on different hardware
by the looks of it the shadow just disappears in certain situations when it spans across more than one texture
Attached images
lfs_00000001.JPG
I Seem to have found a Bug, dont know if anyone has reported it yet, but ill just post it anyway.

I turned on Automatic save replays then i closed LFS and Opened it sometime later. I the menu screen if i clicked a button LFS would freeze and there would be a "Clicking" sound repeatedly. I could no exit LFS or anything so needed to restart computer this happened 3-4 times in a row.
I removed Auto save Replays and it was fine straight way.
Not sure if it was just luck or
Scawen, this isn't really a bug, but what's the staticky noise that's present at higher speeds in the XRR since X30? It's kind of hard to describe since it's just a hiss, but I mentioned it to several other people on a server I was on and they all agreed that it was new.

Is it supposed to represent an effect (turbo, etc?) or is it just a noise artifact?
wind? air intake? rev limiter? try using the shift-a mixer to isolate the sound
Scawen please make an automatic setup renamer and mover to rename and move the old setups to the new folder. Or there will be a LOT of confused people out there when the patch is officially released.
Quote from Scawen :If there are only 3 laps to go, it is 30 sec and 45 sec instead of drive through and stop go. This is in line with real racing series - I can't remember which but I remember doing this on good evidence. It's nothing to do with stopping people pitting on the last lap, that was a separate issue.

OK, that's cool. Thanks.
It may bew a bug: I don't know if anyone said, but i know i have crossed over 50 mph/80kph in the pits and it hasn't given me a penalty. I'm pretty sure as long as I stay under 50.5mph it won't detect me over the limit.
I don't think that most pit lane speed limits are monitored down to 1 mph increments. I would guess that in real life there is a small margin of error allowed. If so, it would make sense to do the same in LFS.
I was at AS3 to practice with the LX6. Went to options screen, adjusted FOV, and the engine sound disappeared, but not the in game music. Exited, tried again and it worked. Tryed to re create it, no such luck. Using X30.
Quote from jayhawk :I was at AS3 to practice with the LX6. Went to options screen, adjusted FOV, and the engine sound disappeared, but not the in game music. Exited, tried again and it worked. Tryed to re create it, no such luck. Using X30.

Are you sure that engine just did not shutted down? As it has bit of habit to do so when you are in menu
I don't know where to put this, since it is really not a bug, it is not a physics problem, it is sort of an interface problem... so I put it here.

Please reconsider the look function for 90° and 45°. Keep the 45° view, but please map a separate key for the 90° view. A POV control doesn't seem to allow mapping a double key press for a 90° view.

The problem is simple. If you look at the side mirrors on the XRG for example. You can see an object like a cone directly behind the car. You should not be able to see a short object that is perfectly centered behind the car with the side mirror. The side mirror is not adjustable for angle. You can't see objects, like cars, that are along side you right up past the 90° mark. You also can't see objects that are beside you and a bit back. You can completely lose cars for seconds at a time when they are in the right place. You have no idea where they are, especially if they drop straight back from you they don't reappear until they are well clear of the back of your car. This makes things very difficult. The 90° look is a feature that should be easily accessible until the mirrors work more like real mirrors. If mirrors were adjustable so that they work like a real car mirror, I could see making it more difficult or impossible to do a 90° look.

Thanks for all your work on this game. It is the best.
Attached images
Mirror1.jpg
Mirror2.jpg
it would be great to see part of the car in mirror

LFS bug from the begining, why when i making my own loyout i can put RAMPS only in BLGP track? i want to put RAMPS in all tracks

And why ramps are so SLIPPERY? With this slippery you can make all map, MAP of ICE such slippery like driving on frozen lake (Xmas EDITION)
When u make a server, there are all buttons to allow cars yes or no.. only the BF1 button is missing...
Attached images
Untitled-2 copy.jpg
Quote from windstyle :When u make a server, there are all buttons to allow cars yes or no.. only the BF1 button is missing...

Thats fixed in X31
Found a small bug when watching saved hotlap replays. Driving the hotlap and watching the replay straight after saving it was perfectly okay. But when I choose the replay from the replay menu, the time for the first lap starts to count already at the beginning of the replay (see 1st screenshot). It doesn't stop when crossing the start/finish line at the first time. Therefore the lap time for the first lap is too long, although the best lap indicated in the top right corner of the screen is correct (see 2nd screenshot).

I tried this with different cars on different tracks and it was always the same result. I used X31. Corresponding replay also attached.

start of the replay, lap time starts to count as well (marked with red)

end of the first lap, wrong lap time (marked with red)
Attached files
UnLiMiTeD_SO6_LX4_11428.spr - 69.2 KB - 304 views
Not really a bug, but with the new no damage repair option selected by default, it can be a pain for some drivers who an't use the F12 menu while driving, maybe a button could be added to the garage screen byt fuel percentage and tyre wear change options?
Quote from Thorvertonian :Not really a bug, but with the new no damage repair option selected by default, it can be a pain for some drivers who an't use the F12 menu while driving, maybe a button could be added to the garage screen byt fuel percentage and tyre wear change options?

Good idea, searched for a long time to put /repair=ON.
Im sorry if this has been said before, but i get this message everytime I try and go onto Multiplayer

It says "ConnectToMaster : Error opening socket"
Attached images
master_server_error.bmp
Am I the only one with this problem?

Its only in X31 too
Are you sure, you can test X30 (or X10) and it still works?

In that case I guess it must be some kind of firewall problem. Please check your firewall permissions.
Thanks Scawen, it works now

My firewall was off all along but why did it still block it?

Thanks again

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG