The online racing simulator
All servers give "no reply" after I connected to a server which was full, I pressed back to get to the serverlist, pressed refresh.

LFS does "check" them, but no servers show up.

FIX, going back to the multiplayer screen (where you can fill in a password and select connect to specfic server etc.) and clicking "check hosts" again. Then it did show up instantly..

ow and it is repeatable.
Quote from TassieDevil :What an absolutely stupid reply, was I asking you? No, so leave you opinion to yourself, all said and done it is still a game and is supposed to be enjoyable to play, and if you don't want to use those options then don't, but if I and many others wish to then we should still have the choice, and when the realism lets me have a decent mirror to be able to see behind properly then your point maybe valid, but the game just doesn't allow a decent view through the mirrors like you get in real cars..........

Are you fricking kidding me? What kind of "decent view" do you think you get from a mirror in a race car? You can't see jack squat! The mirrors are small (to keep down drag) and flimsy (to keep down weight) and they vibrate like crazy. Let's not also forget that in the real world you would be wearing a helmet, balaclava, HANS device, etc. and would have a high-backed chair...all of which would even further restrict your view. If anything, the mirrors in LFS allow you to see way, way more than you would in real life.

By the way, this is an Internet forum. If you don't want to hear other people's opinions, I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place.
Quote from mcintyrej :Found a bug.

When your in a server and click "Driver" at the top right, LFS.exe performs an illegal opperation.

darn you beat me to it :P
I have 2 controllers connected: the wheel momo racing and a Joypad.
When I start the game my wheel won't work until I manipulate the joypad (I move the analogic joystick). It never did that before and it always work.
controller bug. i have the same problem, my quick fix is to pull out the USB to the keyboard and load LFS then get you wheel working then just plug your keyboard back in. it works for me.
I got a few errors when trying to join a server a few minutes ago. Attached a photo of what it said if that helps any
Attached images
Untitled-2 copy.jpg
-
(brataccas) DELETED by brataccas
Reproduceable crash when going into the options-Driver menu, just now in the [dSRC] Battlegrounds server...
1- The same old texture corruption (pink-ish noise) bug in the real mirrors when alt-tabbing, then alt-tabbing back to lfs.
Edit: like this http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=43987&d=1197412254

2- Pressing tab (in order to switch car) will reset the camera position relative to the car even if there's one car and therefore it didn't switch to another car. Easily noticeable if you donut a rwd in single player (no AIs) and keep tab pressed.
Not sure if this has been reported yet but searching for the address didnt turn up aynthing.

I found a crash which i can reproduce every time:
1. Join a multiplayer game
2. Spectate someone from any view
3. Open the options (either via the esc menu or alt+o)
4. Click on the "Driver" submenu
=> instant crash at address 41075b

I hope all the required info is there.
Attached images
blubb.JPG
I still can't unlock still says game pass don't match i even relocked my x10 put the pass in and unlocked without a hitch but x30 no go **cries** I'm a sad panda
Quote from Shotglass :Not sure if this has been reported yet but searching for the address didnt turn up aynthing.

That's what was happening to me (2 posts up), thanks for adding the extra info for me
Quote from Shotglass :Not sure if this has been reported yet but searching for the address didnt turn up aynthing.

yes had this, too but i reportet it in another thread ^^
I'm having random freezes/crashes with the new patch. Thought it may have been a problem with my wheel causing an issue with something (TM RGT). But i've just been online watching AJP driving like a woman, and it happened again. Just spectating, didn't open any menu's or option screens.

It may be a problem with my PC and not the new patch, dunno ?, but right now i can't figure out what the problem might be if it is a glitch in my puter.

I'll do some more testing tomorrow, too tired right now.

Edit: should have mentioned, i've had no such problems at all in single player. (accept i suck so bad i can't even beat the AI now <embarrassed>)

Edit 2: Been testing all morning and as i'd guessed the problems with my PC, the heap of crap Windows XP to be exact. Still no idea what the problem is, but somethings tripping it out. Gonna go for a format and re-install see if that helps. (not that anyones interested though.....)
Singleplayer practise session at BL1 with RB4, alone on track, no wind, clear day.

I did drove 1st stint, pitted (13% of fuel I think), then drove 2nd stint bit too long did run out of fuel and managed to limp bag to pit entry lane without engine running, there I thought that car has starter motor so why don't I use that to get to pits.

So I put 1st gear in and start tapping i key with silly speed, I do this about 6 minutes until I get to pit markers and they don't refuel my car Tried to next box and no help from there either.

I think that even I'm out of fuel and engine not running I should get fuel, right?

Clutch temp was 0-2 pixels (I did abuse it) and tire temps perfectly green whole 24 laps (except one lap where I put car sideways on purpose) and tires did not show any sign loosing of grip btw. race_s set was used.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Are you fricking kidding me? What kind of "decent view" do you think you get from a mirror in a race car? You can't see jack squat! The mirrors are small (to keep down drag) and flimsy (to keep down weight) and they vibrate like crazy. Let's not also forget that in the real world you would be wearing a helmet, balaclava, HANS device, etc. and would have a high-backed chair...all of which would even further restrict your view. If anything, the mirrors in LFS allow you to see way, way more than you would in real life.

By the way, this is an Internet forum. If you don't want to hear other people's opinions, I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place.

Get over yourself mate, it is still a bloody game and as such you should have the options that were in there before and make it accesible to everyone not just the geeks like you, and you were the one not recpecting my opion in the first place, so get a life....

Finished not replying to you again, your just not worth it.
Car colours
I don't seem to be able to create any new colour schemes in the garage :/

1. In garage, click "new colours"
2. Select skin (e.g. LFSW_43)
3. LFS just selects the pre existing skin (LFSW_43) and doesn't create a new entry.

Also, say you change the colour sliders for LFSW_43, click "new colours again", and select another skin, e.g. V1LFS, the colour slider settings for LFSW_43 will also be transferred to the V1LFS colour scheme.

Edit: This seems to happen with any car (I've only tried this in the XRT, BFM & FZR but yeah..)
Quote from TassieDevil :Get over yourself mate, it is still a bloody game and as such you should have the options that were in there before and make it accesible to everyone not just the geeks like you, and you were the one not recpecting my opion in the first place, so get a life....

Enough of the personal attacks. If that's the best you can do, please find your entertainment elsewhere.

It's not just a game - it's a sim. It's supposed to simulate car racing. You show me a race car driver than can swivel his head 180 degrees like an owl to look directly behind himself (while in full race gear, no less) and I'll concede that you are right. Until then, I think it's plainly obvious that looking behind is not possible in reality and, thus, doesn't belong in a simulation of reality. If you want something that's accessible to everyone, might I suggest Burnout or Gran Turismo?

The options of auto-cut and auto-blip have been taken out and most of the people on the forum have received that change positively. So your idea that "once something is in there, it should stay" holds no water. As LFS gets closer to simulating reality, more and more arcade features will likely disappear as well.
Quote from TassieDevil :Get over yourself mate, it is still a bloody game and as such you should have the options that were in there before and make it accesible to everyone not just the geeks like you, and you were the one not recpecting my opion in the first place, so get a life....

You really need to separate game and sim, LFS is a sim and aiming for realism, after reading your posts it seems that perhaps LFS is not right product for you, maybe you would like better from something bit more casual player friendly?
I dont really know if it's bug but
When i gonna HOST server
The BF1 are not in there, i cant drive with it
Cant allow someone 2 use it

Answer!
FZR has a h-pattern gearbox but the other gtr's have sequential with ignition cut?
That's not a bug, that's a feature (actually it's a [failed?] attempt at balancing the big GTRs without having ridiculous weight handicaps).
Steering, bug or feature?
Track: Blackwood
Controller: Dfp, 900 degrees mode
Car: RB4

When engine is shut down either manually or automatically steering seem to get bit sleepy.

When you slowly turn wheel when engine is shutted of it takes some time to ingame steering wheel / wheels to pick up steering, I can turn wheel a bit and game steering wheel then snaps to position where I have already turned my dfp wheel.

If I start engine there is no such delay.

So don't know if this is planned to be so, maybe some sleep cycle for controller polling, but don't know really
Quote from anbiddulph :FZR has a h-pattern gearbox but the other gtr's have sequential with ignition cut?

should be that way, look in GTR Balancing thread
Quote from aroX123 :I dont really know if it's bug but
When i gonna HOST server
The BF1 are not in there, i cant drive with it
Cant allow someone 2 use it

Answer!

If you type /CARS ALL it should allow all cars including BF1, then typing /CARS BF1 should allow only BF1 car. But that is reported as a bug earlier.
good that you can now select a layout while selecting a track, but how to de-select a lay-out if I just want the track..?
it keeps remembering my previously selected lay-outs for that track but I just want a plain track

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG