The online racing simulator
Quote from chanoman315 :i got this messages today, they repeated like hell...

It seems DirectInput is unable to switch off the AUTOCENTER property of your Force Feedback device. I suggest you reinstall the drivers. I've checked the code and there is no change in this area that I can see.
Quote from Btoryo :Erm... The track outline for SO Chicane Route doesn't show for me, I don't know about you guys.

You mean the "ideal line" that shows up when you press '4'? It's working fine for me on X37.
Quote from Scawen :It seems DirectInput is unable to switch off the AUTOCENTER property of your Force Feedback device. I suggest you reinstall the drivers. I've checked the code and there is no change in this area that I can see.

yes, i remember i lost FF by that, i only restarted LFS and it dissapeared
InSim, IS_PSF.STime odd after driver switch
When/after doing a driver switch, the time reported in IS_PSF.STime appears to be wrong. It seems to only report the time taken from the swap (from when the new driver gets in the car) until the new driver drives off, discarding the time taken while the old driver was still in the car (all pit work done, etc.).

Tested with X38 on X30 dedi (and X10 on X10 dedi).
For some reason when i start LFS X38, updated from X30, all the X30+ patches won't let me go online, it let me update after 2 fresh installations of Patch X30...but it still isn't letting me go online. A

ANYONE HELP ME?
I was playing with the Ai, making them crash, when i saw the replay (it was fun) i get oos error before the action starts (the good crashes) and it stays there, im running X38
Attached files
temp_sproos error.spr - 525.7 KB - 239 views
why racing line is not visible in SHIFT+U mode? it would be helpful for making track guides etc.
Quote from Cue-Ball :That was not clear from your initial post. It sounded like you didn't want to use a button and you also didn't have a free axis to use.

You could probably get a wheel or an analog gamepad very cheaply. Xbox controllers seem to work fairly well, and they're very affordable. Would that be a simpler solution?

Sorry...I must have been in an unusually foul mood when I wrote that. I don't really have room on my desk for a wheel nor do I have the disposable income for a reasonable one. (and cheap wheels are horrible) An analogue gamepad would give me shorter and crappier travel than any of the axis on my logitech joystick. The reason I'm posting here is that I'd like the ability to bind an auxiliary button to throttle so I can blip while braking. I'd have exactly the same issue with a lot of wheels where the pedals are combined axis so if you poke the throttle while braking you don't get brake and throttle at the same time, you just get less brake.
Quote from Resound :I'd have exactly the same issue with a lot of wheels where the pedals are combined axis so if you poke the throttle while braking you don't get brake and throttle at the same time, you just get less brake.

I don't think any of the wheels that have been released in the last few years are like that. All of the Logitech wheels that I've owned (I'm on my third) use separate brake and throttle axis. You just have to make sure to check the option in the driver settings (the little Logitech Wingman app).

I know you said you don't have the room, but the cost might not be as big a deal as you think. My buddy got a Logitech wingman wheel off eBay for like $5 + shipping, and another friend got his DFP for, I think, $25.

Other than that or a gamepad, I don't have any other solutions. Sorry.
I think I found a small bug with the mirrors, although I'm not too sure wether it is test patch related (iirc I've seen this before):

The real middle mirror goes black or shows static image when watching a replay if you have few different car types and have set up different mirror settings for each car.

To reproduce: Watch a replay with few different cars with real middle mirror. Switch the mirror mode of one car type to real and keep other car types virtual. Now browse through the cars with tab and you will see that black/static image appear on the mirror of the car type with virtual mirror.

(The bug is the static image, the mirror should be black I suppose)
Quote from Scawen :It seems your DirectInput is failing to switch off the AUTOCENTER property. I can't do much about that as that must be done before using Force Feedback. The result should be your wheel works without force feedback.

Maybe you need to reinstall the wheel drivers?

Doesnt work without it. Its like when my wheel is turned off. And resistance is there. I tried fresh Profiler. And fresh LFS.

But nothing seems to work. Its kinda stupid :P
I keep having an issue at times, in which LFS will not really lock up my desktop, instead it will just crash it and restart the whole thing.

It's happened 3 times, and I believe it has been the same instance all three times, unfortunately I don't know exactly what that is.

What happened today though, which I can recall, made it lockup, this is what I did.
Windows XP Pro

Was getting a screenshot of the lamp posts that need texturing I put in the SO Bug thread, took a print screen, minimized LFS, tried to get paint shop pro to run, it wouldn't, so I exited out of LFS, switched screen names in XP, went to my other user (mine, and one for gaming), opened PSP, the print screen apparently didn't save, so I ran LFS on this instance, and the second it came up, my desktop crashed and rebooted.

The other two times I'm not 100% sure what happened, but there are some times I start up LFS with apparently something not right, and causes my desktop to reboot.
Haven't had any issues like such on my laptop with Vista.

Sorry for the slim details, I'm trying to figure it out too.
oh yeah btw, that thing with the missing race results positons i wrote about a few posts earlier - dunno if that´s test patch related or would have happened earlier too, just in case you´re only looking at the latest changes in the game. can´t be bothered about that "bug" anyway, never seen that happening online on any server
not sure if this has been mentioned, to many posts to read

umm. theres no starter motor on atleast the bf1. this is all fine and dandy, but when you cut the engine doing a hundred k's in gear it doesnt fire back up. if its done so realistically it doesnt have a starter motor shouldnt it atleast beable to be push started?
#342 - Dmt
Mirror is in window
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Debug info still being displayed - Invalid (0) - could not find connection
Didnt know where else to post...

Patch Y - Multiplayer
Player looses connection and we see debug info. that is probably supposed to be hidden to users.

Example log file from server:
[B][TZR] Jack : ^Lit sais refueling but not putting any in[/B]
shcKr- : ^LInvalid (0) - could not find connection
Moo.Frenchy : ^Lf'ing clutch
[KR] NOFEAR : ^L=)
STORE : OVERFLOW - [TZR] Jack
Avoiding buffer crash (OK)
Invalid (22) - rejecting (11)
Invalid (252) - rejecting (11)
Invalid (0) - rejecting (11)
Invalid (255) - rejecting (11)
Invalid (97) - rejecting (11)
Invalid (32) - rejecting (11)
Invalid (49) - rejecting (11)
Invalid (85) - rejecting (11)
Invalid (8) - rejecting (11)
Invalid (130) - rejecting (11)
[B]Lost connection to [TZR] Jack[/B]
CCG»Z«^L : DRIVE-THROUGH PENALTY
IS_MTC - could not find destination
/msg [TZR] Jack disconnected (anbiddulph)
[TZR] Jack disconnected (anbiddulph)

All players see the debug info as spam.

If more log info is required describing the place where he pitted and it was frozen on PITS message, please post here or PM.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG