The online racing simulator
Quote from Hallen :
Please reconsider the look function for 90° and 45°. Keep the 45° view, but please map a separate key for the 90° view. A POV control doesn't seem to allow mapping a double key press for a 90° view.

I've got the same opinion. Make some option in view controls to set the angle to 45° or 90°, please.
I found a bug.

In user view (CTRL+U) the ignition key isn't works for me. It is still set to default (I key). I didn't try to map it to the controller ...
Quote from Horci :I found a bug.

In user view (CTRL+U) the ignition key isn't works for me. It is still set to default (I key). I didn't try to map it to the controller ...

Most car controls for keyboard don't work in Shift-U. It's like that in X10 as well. Try using indicators with 7,8,9,0. Not working in X30 either. I think that is intentional.
When taking a screenshot in LFS Viewer Y, it doesn't show the car, only the background.
When in LFS, print screens just gives me a black screenshot instead of a game screenshot.
Quote from Scawen :If there are only 3 laps to go, it is 30 sec and 45 sec instead of drive through and stop go. This is in line with real racing series - I can't remember which but I remember doing this on good evidence. It's nothing to do with stopping people pitting on the last lap, that was a separate issue.

Not really a bug nor it's "new" with this patch, but I figure it would be something Scawen might want to take a look at.

Right now if there are 3 laps to go, 30 and 45 seconds penalties are given, but there's no control about this in timed races. Just recently we got this in a 1 hour race at Kyoto National: a guy speeded on the lap before the last one, so he got a drive-through which he needed to complete on the last lap, resulting in him being disqualified because he crossed the finish line while in the pits doing the drive-through, thus not having "completed" the penalty.

As the game doesn't really know how many laps are left in a timed race it should be something like "in the last 5 minutes DT and S&G are replaced with +30 or +45 seconds".

Sorry if this was a bad place to post this.
#206 - dev
Found something. The speedometer starts acting funny when the car is flipped and you don't touch the controls... Take a look at the replay, after the race (3 laps)...
Found another bug, don't know if this has been reported yet either though. When you are in server, and your engine is turned off and you pitlane, you can't turn it back on anymore.

Edit: I tried again and you have no control over your car either, like you can't turn the wheel or anything. Also, a friend tried the same when rolling, with engine turned off, and a pitlane. He was able to move.

Edit #2: Now, a few of us were parked next to each other and one of our guys revved their engine. While he was revving, he looked into the car next to him and he saw that that car's revs were the same. Now, that car next to him wasn't revving at all from that user though, so I guess that is another bug.
dont know if this has allready been said.

I know that looking only 45 degree isnt a bug, but on most keyboards you can only press 2 keys at a time so when your accelerating on keyboard you cannot look more than 45 degree.

so if there was a option for 45 or 90 degree look view somewhere, it would make life alot easyer.

thanks
When I set wind to low for example, it is not audible when engine is turned off and I don't touch controls, right when I touch controls or start engine wind sound is there too.

Maybe similar thing causes this that controls are not responding right away when engine is turned off
Quote from JTbo :When I set wind to low for example, it is not audible when engine is turned off and I don't touch controls, right when I touch controls or start engine wind sound is there too.

Maybe similar thing causes this that controls are not responding right away when engine is turned off

Yeah i noticed that too. Not sure if the server i waqs on had wind enabled, but whenever i pressed the throttle or brake paddle with the engine off i could definitely hear something extra going on.
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :dont know if this has allready been said.

I know that looking only 45 degree isnt a bug, but on most keyboards you can only press 2 keys at a time so when your accelerating on keyboard you cannot look more than 45 degree.

so if there was a option for 45 or 90 degree look view somewhere, it would make life alot easyer.

thanks

What kind of keyboard do you have? I can't remember the days back when I couldn't press 4 keys at least.
(Remembers when me and a friend played NFS on split screen, making each other crash because we couldn't throttle and steer both at the same time )
Quote from MINIz guy :Edit #2: Now, a few of us were parked next to each other and one of our guys revved their engine. While he was revving, he looked into the car next to him and he saw that that car's revs were the same. Now, that car next to him wasn't revving at all from that user though, so I guess that is another bug.

no lfs just uses the same overlay textures for mirrors and dashboards on every car to speed rendering up a little
Quote from MINIz guy :Found another bug, don't know if this has been reported yet either though. When you are in server, and your engine is turned off and you pitlane, you can't turn it back on anymore.

Edit: I tried again and you have no control over your car either, like you can't turn the wheel or anything. Also, a friend tried the same when rolling, with engine turned off, and a pitlane. He was able to move.

Thanks, I confirm I reproduced this, using the /pitlane command. Is that exactly what you meant by saying pitlane - the actual /pitlane command? Or is there another way to reproduce this bug as well?

Quote from JTbo :When I set wind to low for example, it is not audible when engine is turned off and I don't touch controls, right when I touch controls or start engine wind sound is there too.

Yes, this is not a bug. Cars which are stopped with engine off now go completely out of the physics system. This is a good feature because it saves CPU on other people's computers. As with many new features, it has caused a few issues that needed fixing, including the one noted above. This is also the reason for the feature that turns off your engine if your car is stopped and you don't use any controls for 40 seconds - this allows the removal from physics system to happen.
How does that work with handling collisions then?
The car is checked for proximity to moving objects so it is put back into physics if there is any chance of a collision.

This is supposed to be not noticeable apart from the loss of wind noise and the slight jerkiness of inputs when the car has gone out of physics. There's another reported bug on my sheet about movable physics objects being replaced intersecting a car that has gone out of physics.
Quote from JTbo :Singleplayer practise session at BL1 with RB4, alone on track, no wind, clear day.

I did drove 1st stint, pitted (13% of fuel I think), then drove 2nd stint bit too long did run out of fuel and managed to limp bag to pit entry lane without engine running, there I thought that car has starter motor so why don't I use that to get to pits.

So I put 1st gear in and start tapping i key with silly speed, I do this about 6 minutes until I get to pit markers and they don't refuel my car Tried to next box and no help from there either.

I think that even I'm out of fuel and engine not running I should get fuel, right?

Clutch temp was 0-2 pixels (I did abuse it) and tire temps perfectly green whole 24 laps (except one lap where I put car sideways on purpose) and tires did not show any sign loosing of grip btw. race_s set was used.

I'm going to need some help reproducing this. I tried to reproduce it - I started with 1% fuel in a XF GTI and drove 2 laps at SO Classic and ran out of fuel, rolled to the pits and my car was refuelled. I was able to then start the car and drive out.

I'll need a simple way to reproduce the bug. Are you sure you had more than 0% fuel to add in pit stop?
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, I confirm I reproduced this, using the /pitlane command. Is that exactly what you meant by saying pitlane - the actual /pitlane command? Or is there another way to reproduce this bug as well?

i think this is the same as i just was about to report, after doing the pit lane cmd from being upside down on track i was unable to move or anything, and nobody could see my car in the pit garage and were able to drive through my car!
Hope it gets fixed soon...
Quote from Scawen :I'm going to need some help reproducing this. I tried to reproduce it - I started with 1% fuel in a XF GTI and drove 2 laps at SO Classic and ran out of fuel, rolled to the pits and my car was refuelled. I was able to then start the car and drive out.

I'll need a simple way to reproduce the bug. Are you sure you had more than 0% fuel to add in pit stop?

I have a replay of it here. Just make sure to use generous amounts of time speed up

In the replay I set the start fuel to 1% and the fuel load at pit stop to 1% too. I tried changing it to a higher value while I was mucking around in the pits to no avail.
Attached files
NoRefuel.spr - 206.6 KB - 258 views
Ok, I think I know what the bug is. You need to be over a certain minimum speed when entering a pit box/area. That speed is obviously not reached if you limp forward with the ignition.

E: I reproduced it, if you go very slowly into the pit area nothing happens. But when I used autocross tyres spawned into the back of the car to accelerate it to like 2-3 km/h, the pit stop worked fine when I rolled to the next pit rectangle and stopped. I guess this is because the system checks for the pit stop to start something like "when car speed falls below 1km/h", but because you're never faster than 1km/h you also never fulfil the requirement of the car speed dropping below said value.
Not sure if this has been said, but just went to have a drag race with ai and they dident start and just reversed and moved about
this happend again and again, iirc this wasnt a prob with x10?
is it something im missing?
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, I confirm I reproduced this, using the /pitlane command. Is that exactly what you meant by saying pitlane - the actual /pitlane command? Or is there another way to reproduce this bug as well?

Yes, this is not a bug. Cars which are stopped with engine off now go completely out of the physics system. This is a good feature because it saves CPU on other people's computers. As with many new features, it has caused a few issues that needed fixing, including the one noted above. This is also the reason for the feature that turns off your engine if your car is stopped and you don't use any controls for 40 seconds - this allows the removal from physics system to happen.

Yes, I do mean the actual /pitlane command.
Quote from AndroidXP :Ok, I think I know what the bug is. You need to be over a certain minimum speed when entering a pit box/area. That speed is obviously not reached if you limp forward with the ignition.

E: I reproduced it, if you go very slowly into the pit area nothing happens. But when I used autocross tyres spawned into the back of the car to accelerate it to like 2-3 km/h, the pit stop worked fine when I rolled to the next pit rectangle and stopped. I guess this is because the system checks for the pit stop to start something like "when car speed falls below 1km/h", but because you're never faster than 1km/h you also never fulfil the requirement of the car speed dropping below said value.

Good bug reproduction!

Thanks for that report, that would have been hard for me to figure out! Not sure what do do about it yet but I've made a note to give it some thought.

Quote from MINIz guy :Yes, I do mean the actual /pitlane command.

Thanks, fixed in my version.

Quote from AW06 :Not sure if this has been said, but just went to have a drag race with ai and they dident start and just reversed and moved about
this happend again and again, iirc this wasnt a prob with x10?
is it something im missing?

OK, we'll need some more info here like which cars you were using, etc. I just did a quick test (XF GTI) and it worked ok.
any car on the 8 lane drag, i'll attach a replay
Attached files
weird drag bug^q.spr - 135.6 KB - 237 views
When you have LFS game or the CMX Viewer open and you open the other one the program you open says: "Warning: another instance of LFS is already running". Now I would get why this message would come up with opening two game windows, but is this needed if the game window and cmx viewer are used simultaneously?
Problem with incompatible replays in demo [FIXED IN X32]
If you browse a replay file in the demo replay screen that was recorded on a licensed version, LFS shows the file details normally instead of declaring it as an obsolete/incompatible file.

If you then try to play it, the demo crashes.

EDIT: (Not sure if this only applies to licensed replays with non-demo content, though.)

EDIT2: FIXED IN X32

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG