The online racing simulator
BUG REPORTS : Interface / Single Player / Multiplayer
Please report any issues you find in the interface, single player and multiplayer systems in this thread.

Try to avoid duplicate bug reports.
Found a bug.

When your in a server and click "Driver" at the top right, LFS.exe performs an illegal opperation.
hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just had the patch crash on me. i just went into a server to just spectate, to watch, switched to a person, and was going to switch to an onboard camera. i got to the other onboard camera, the one after the cockpit one, and it showed only the wheels view. so i was going to go into the options menu by hitting Shift+O to set it up how i would have wanted, and that's when it crashed.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 475d507a
Fault Module Name: LFS.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 475d507a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001367e6
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 17e4
Additional Information 2: 21fac5ea679a1a1f46c06fc6f0b657c1
Additional Information 3: 9f96
Additional Information 4: 3106a7102b479abc2e14629e169de26c

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

that's all i was given by Vista, so i hope it's enough to figure out what's wrong. i'm gonna go and try to replicate it again.

EDIT: yes, same exact problem, so it's replicatable.

EDIT 2: nvm, X30 will crash anytime you hit the Shift+O combo to get to the options menu.
Well this test patch won't let me setup my mouse like usual. I can usually select the 'wheel/js' option and it'll detect my mouse as a controller. And it allows me to select the Mouse X axis for steering and Mouse Y axis for combined throttle/brake. So the 'wheel/js' option no longer detects the mouse? Is this a permanent thing? I know I'm in the major minority with this kind of mouse setup but that really hinders me.
After patching to X30 I cannot use any axis in LFS. I tried it again with my X10 version - worked fine as usual. Downloaded X10 again - worked fine. Patched that fresh X10 to X30 - axis gone again.

LFS shows "3 controllers detected" in the upper right corner.

The following 3 controllers are connected:

Logitech G25
Logitech Wingman Gamepad
Joywarrior USB controller (VPP pedals)
Quote from falcon5 :After patching to X30 I cannot use any axis in LFS. I tried it again with my X10 version - worked fine as usual. Downloaded X10 again - worked fine. Patched that fresh X10 to X30 - axis gone again.

Logitech G25
Logitech Wingman Gamepad

i'm having the same problem with the G25, I can select the axis but once selected, there is still no actual control.. if that makes sense.
Don't know if it's a bug... but is there an automatic way of converting all setups into the 3 letter prefix variants? It's going to take bloomin' ages to rename all those setups!
ok, now i need to revise my bug report.

now that i've setup the view i want through the menu BEFORE joining a server, i can Shift+O anytime, and no crash. so it must be something to do with the wheels only view or something. not sure, but i know the more information, the better.
Is it when you have no car selected?

I got the crash twice when I had some other car selected in single player, then went to a FBM host, then player screen caused a crash.

But when I selected a car before going to options, it worked.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Don't know if it's a bug... but is there an automatic way of converting all setups into the 3 letter prefix variants? It's going to take bloomin' ages to rename all those setups!

Myabe with Bob Smith's batch setup editor? Can't find it though.

/me keeps searching
Same axis problem for me with G25 Can't play it
Quote from franky500 :i'm having the same problem with the G25, I can select the axis but once selected, there is still no actual control.. if that makes sense.

This sounds promising to me, with my mouse problem posted above, because the same thing happens here with the mouse axis selected. I can select mouseX and mouseY but no control afterwards. Hopefully this is all the same problem and fix.
Ok, I plugged in and out and again and again

Turned out that the Gamepad was the problem in my case. When it is plugged in no axis works. When I plug it out G25 and VPP axes work as usual.

Sad thing is that I need that gamepad to use my additional buttons on the G25. I hope this is fixable - should be as it worked perfectly in X10.

EDIT:

Maybe it's too many axes? G25 has 4, VPP Pedals have 3 and Gamepad has 2. Dunno. Just a guess.
Found the problem. I have a saitek gaming pro keyboard, had to unplug and plug in a normal keyboard
Just got FATAL NET ERROR again.This time in a public server. Pbs aren't counted and /w wr and similar cmds doesn't work either.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Found the problem. I have a saitek gaming pro keyboard, had to unplug and plug in a normal keyboard

hmm.. i have the same keyboard... looks like i'll have to dig out an old spare..... dissapointing
i have the following, but it's in not really a bug i think:

the new possibility to adjust seat position in cockpitview are great, but doesn't work for my case. i use 70° FOV and you only can adjust the seat more to the front, so in BMW (and for example BF1) it is not possible to adjust the seat with 70° AND see both real mirrors

(don't know if this section is the right one to post it)
-No internet
-Stange gear...(Bad)
-No realistic damage... (200km/h in a wall, a little front damage)

Plzz fix
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Don't know if it's a bug... but is there an automatic way of converting all setups into the 3 letter prefix variants? It's going to take bloomin' ages to rename all those setups!

I have the same problem...
I don't think this is a bug. But where else can I post this?

I have thousands of setups and it will take at least 24 hours to manually convert them all the the three letter prefix.

Doesn't everyone else have this problem? so there must be an easier way to get it done
Quote from Matt0snap :Doesn't everyone else have this problem? so there must be an easier way to get it done

Sure they have. Because the folder structure has changed, and the filenames are now more file transfer proof..

There are lots of renaming tools available, google
Quote from franky500 :i'm having the same problem with the G25, I can select the axis but once selected, there is still no actual control.. if that makes sense.

I've also had a problem with the Saitek R440 Force. In order to get LFS to use it I had to disable a number of other HID devices within the device manager to get it working. Of course this has a few side effects..

Edit: I also have a Saitek gaming keyboard which appears to cause this. because it reports as a gaming related HID, it appears to take prescedence over everything else for LFS.

Franky/jasonmatthews, if you dont use the extra pad for LFS then carefully check the device manager and disable the HIDs, one at a time, until something starts working. For me it was a combination of a few that seems to sort it.
-
(Andrei221) DELETED by Andrei221
Quote from falcon5 :After patching to X30 I cannot use any axis in LFS. I tried it again with my X10 version - worked fine as usual. Downloaded X10 again - worked fine. Patched that fresh X10 to X30 - axis gone again.

Logitech G25
Logitech Wingman Gamepad

Nearly same Problem here!

I am using Driving Force Pro. The Game shows me "5 Game-Controllers detected". But i only have one, the DFP.

Ok, on the right side he show me my axis (wheel, throttle, brake) and they are working. But if i put the throttle or something else, the pedal-balks are not moving! Same with the wheel, i turn it, axis move, but the wheel in game is not moving.
Logitech G25 works fine, only the Logitech-Profiler software doesn´t show any reaction in X30. In Patchlevel X10 everything is ok.
Quote from aroX123 :-No internet
-Stange gear...(Bad)
-No realistic damage... (200km/h in a wall, a little front damage)

Plzz fix

Are you serious?
Scawen any idea where Digital speedo has vanished too?

BUG REPORTS : Interface / Single Player / Multiplayer
(343 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG