The online racing simulator
TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
@ Mr Huh: It's not strange for that type of trans, remember what's being simulated.
DL taking ages
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :@ Andreas Not necessarily, and sounds great for balancing turbo lag with none
Some GTR Cars have H's and some of sequentials IRL. Excellent way to balance IMO.

edit: @ above: the new car does not have a H box, so you can't use your H.

Thats what I thought but I didn't notice any pedals modeled in the cockpit. Good to know tho.
Haha.. sequential with manual clutch, xfg ran 3 laps and clutch died. Obviously I'm doing it wrong
Dawm this is the first time im gonna say that i dont like the improvements with this patch, its the clutch and the shifting....

This way of shifting doesnt feel LFSischhh... Maybe more real life, but somehow i cant say i like this way of shifting... I can see Logitech has a share in LFS now... This is gonna cost us alot of pedal boxes...

Anyways i dont like this way of shifting....

Rest of the patch is ok sofar....
I just bought a DFP... It has no clutch... Good timing

Apart from that, great patch
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (*dixie horn*)
@ Koopa Give it more than 10 minutes

If people don't like it; I am bound to love it

Change is good, and I suspect in this case great!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I just bought a DFP... It has no clutch... Good timing

Apart from that, great patch

You could get another cheapo £5 wheel and use one of its pedals as clutch...
Is the main server down. Have the firewall exceptions installed. Trying to unlock. First mistyped pw and it told me so. Now it wont connect.

EDIT: now it works...maybe a bug i had to get out of the unlock menu and back in after my faulty login attempt.
Quote from Gil07 :You could get another cheapo £5 wheel and use one of its pedals as clutch...

Brilliant idea!
I might ask you how to do that when it comes to the time.
Also, found a batch file renamer for anyone who is struggling with renaming 8000000 setups:

http://www.filerenamer.net/bat ... IiggN-hnpACFQp7PAodRmzw8g

Although after a few files you'll have to register it. Stupid thing.
Thank you VERY much, for this Christmaspresent, Scawen!!!!!!
YAya!

Downloading!
Goody goody goody !

Thanks a lot devs, seems like a great step forward! Great job by Eric on Blackwood and South City. It feels and looks so much more polished now. SO feels more spacious because of the improved scenery. Good updates to the external camera positions too, no more cars hidden behind walls anymore and it looks much more dynamic. Texturing is much much better also. The FB02 looks great, loving the cockpit. What can I say, lots of new stuff to experience, thanks a lot for your hard work and dedication. Cheers!
Quote from Scawen :Old setups work, you do need to rename them and move them from the "settings" folder to the new "setups" folder.

Colours and setups now have their own folders.

The three letter name will help with downloading systems which had problems with car names containing a space.

Is there a list of what we should use in place of the old way? Couldn't this be automated to save all us end-users some legwork?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :3 letter car prefix required. EG BF1 instead of BMW Sauber

thats gonna take bloody ages lol
Quote from ste_ :Is there a list of what we should use in place of the old way? Couldn't this be automated to save all us end-users some legwork?

The car codes - XRG_, BF1_, RAC_ etc.

Automated would be nice I admit, but I needed to update my setups anyway. Hopefully the Inferno setup field will do it automatically soon, and I can download the latest setups en masse with the right codes...
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Is the main server down. Have the firewall exceptions installed. Trying to unlock. First mistyped pw and it told me so. Now it wont connect.

EDIT: now it works...maybe a bug i had to get out of the unlock menu and back in after my faulty login attempt.

It wont let me login aswell, i typed what i thought was my password but it says its not correct. Ive tried to change my pass on my settings but it wont work either. Is this happening to anyone else...

[edit] had a run around on the demo in the fbmw... its great Good Job the Devs.
I'm at work and haven't had the chance to try the new patch yet. Can anyone give impressions of the new tire physics? Does longitudinal grip seem improved?
Is it just me or does the FFB feel a lot more alive now? Especially on the now much bumpier South City. Anyway, from my first impressions this patch is AWESOME and a huge step into the right direction. Oh god the joy!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Stupid job.... 7 more hours.... blah

Yup <cough cough>

Unfortunately, I have 1 sick day and 2 vacation days left that I'm saving up for the final week of work before Christmas. Oh, and I have 3 weeks paid off for Christmas. Gonna be many nights up until 5 am playing with the patch me thinks.

December 19 through January 10th, LFS patch Y fever for me .

EDIT: I'm reading comments about not being able to race without a clutch. Is the autoclutch completely gone now? You have to have a clutch pedal or use a button? Am I reading that right? Or do you only need a button clutch for the starts/spins?
Quote :I don't know what to do without auto clutch and throttle blip! I use a mouse (until Christmas) and I'm not sure what to do, as my engine keeps going potty when I change gear too much.

I like this. It's making me use the clutch now, was a bit too lazy to do it beforehand.

Thanks Scawen for the new patch. A lot of great changes in here.
i prefer the tool "Total Commander" for renaming all the names

google it
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG