The online racing simulator
Quote from xaotik :Ah, a spokesman. We always need people to tell us what people are talking about.

Oh no, the horror... of That Kind Of People... sheesh...

But just read it, you know it is true.
Still, I think that a person like Tristian never can put himselfe above the new people of LFS, or any people for that matter. He has no right to do that, and really, you ain`t that good yourselfe at driving Tristian, I have seen you racing.

Strange how people belive THEY own the game, and the people that might not be as fast, or haven`t played that long have nothing they should say.
Is this the way we want it? Why not delete the newbie forum, and have a sticky - " If your new you better get out of our way n00b"
Quote from The Very End :Still, I think that a person like Tristian never can put himselfe above the new people of LFS. He has no right to do that, and really, you ain`t that good yourselfe at driving Tristian, I have seen you racing.

Strange how people belive THEY own the game, and the people that might not be as fast, or have played that long have nothing they should say.
Is this the way we want it? Why not delete the newbie forum, and have a sticky - " If your new you better get out of our way n00b"

I think you are taking Tristans comments out of Context.
In the 'old days' the only people that played LFS were the people who wanted a proper simulation, and as such it generally attracted a certain type of client. Now it's much more popular, being amonst other simulations, and word of mouth is spreading it further. So now anyone who 'likes cars' wants to join in, with the obvious problems.

We never used to get posts 'how to do I drive'. People knew they had to get out there and learn. I miss that

Edit: I remember beating you in races

I have never, and will never, claim to be 'better' than newbies, or push them off the track to get passed, or scream blue flag. I'm not really talking about driving ability or rights to the track. Or even rights to own the game. I'm just saying that LFS's popularism has been starting to attract the wrong type of person. What we (as a human race) don't need on top of that are PC people sticking up for everything left, right and centre.

TVE - you repeatedly show problems with understanding the English (in threads all over the forum), so I think you aren't getting quite the message I'm making. I think you've missed my points entirely.
Quote from BlueFlame :But just read it, you know it is true.

Beats me - I couldn't care less about a person's skill level in Motor Lore. They could be a Level 6 Suspensionmancer* for all I care.

* "Hark! For from the extreme movement of your rear strut I can divine an imminent crash!"
Quote from tristancliffe :In the 'old days' the only people that played LFS were the people who wanted a proper simulation, and as such it generally attracted a certain type of client. Now it's much more popular, being amonst other simulations, and word of mouth is spreading it further. So now anyone who 'likes cars' wants to join in, with the obvious problems.

We never used to get posts 'how to do I drive'. People knew they had to get out there and learn. I miss that

I agree 100% I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. When LFS first came out, me and my father downloaded the game-demo because we wanted simulation, not just something with noises and wheels.
But isn`t that telling against what you just said? You said that before we was aware that we had to learn, everyone had to. But why canot new people learn today without getting flamed? The game has much faster and harder cars to drive now, than it had in the old days, and many of them takes hell of a lot pactice to manage. Why canot we give people time to get used to that, before shouting out that they are n00bs and not welcomed here.

And btw, I used keyboard til about a year ago, and still I`m using chase veiw. Does this makes me a bad player for that`s sake?
Or the people that uses mouse, should they be baned? Just too bad some of them have WR, well too bad for them I guess, they are not hardcore enough. They should go to NFS for sure.

Edit : Yeah I agree, you have beated me, but who hasn`t? ^^

And yes, my english skill is just barely enough to give a resonable reply sometimes, it`s never been any good and probally it never will be eighter. I probally miss some points here and there, but I like to belive that I do understand the main picture in most posts.
For fecks sake - it's got nothing to do with driving ability. I have never screamed n00b at someone. Get that into your skull before going any further. There has always been crap drivers in LFS.

But they were a different type of person. They knew LFS was a long slow project, aiming for realism over arcade (where plausible)... Now we just have the boy-racer bridage turning up asking why their car is limited to 48mph or why they crash at every turn, or why LFS doesn't have 4-door cars in it (as if it matters)... Understand yet?
Tristan, I think TVE thinks you are a communist
Back on topic for my post <SHOCK>
The new car and new features will be very welcome.
Looking forward to it immensely, I've gone a bit stale on LFS and that will kick-start me back into it over Christmas.

PS - sack the camera man in that video.
I do understand you, but do I agree to you? NO!
You never screamed out n00b to anyone? Are you completely honest now Tristian?

And hell no to
Quote :Now we just have the boy-racer bridage turning up asking why their car is limited to 48mph or why they crash at every turn, or why LFS doesn't have 4-door cars in it (as if it matters

I see that this is just a waste of a good topic, you`ll be the same no matter how many people that tell you. I`m just glad, and I say it again, HELL I`M GLAD most of the people are not like you. People that canot understand, or try to understand other people. And it`s not just something "my thick skull" canot understand, it`s something you never can understand. I wish all new people welcome to LFS, even if they are drifers, cruisers, drag`ers or what ever, they chose to drive the game how they want, and you can take your god damn game and play it as hardcore as you want!
Quote from tristancliffe :For fecks sake - it's got nothing to do with driving ability. I have never screamed n00b at someone. Get that into your skull before going any further. There has always been crap drivers in LFS.

But they were a different type of person. They knew LFS was a long slow project, aiming for realism over arcade (where plausible)... Now we just have the boy-racer bridage turning up asking why their car is limited to 48mph or why they crash at every turn, or why LFS doesn't have 4-door cars in it (as if it matters)... Understand yet?

I take your points about how popularity has brought a wide range of people.
What I don't understand is why you, an obviously firm supporter of Scawen's philosophy, would take that as a bad thing when it rarely - if ever I imagine, affects you at all. Surely we should be just be glad that licenses are selling since that means that the sim which we all know and love isn't going to need to take a step away from the "hardcore realistic" end of the spectrum in an effort to appeal to an even broader audience.

"LFS is too popular". What do you think Scawen would say to that? It's madness. If you like LFS just be glad the 'wrong kind of people' are supporting it enough for them to keep working on it as they wish.
TVE, how can you deny the fact, that when LFS was first being developed, the forums weren't inundated with stupid topics which could just be answered by 1 guy replying with : Use your initiative. Where as now, there are so many (HEAD IN HANDS with the HEAD SHAKING AT THE SAME TIME) topics, that just make you doubt the whole human RACE, nevermind LFS's newcomers into the community.
-
(Xaid0n) DELETED by Xaid0n
Quote from BlueFlame :when LFS was first being developed, the forums weren't inundated with stupid topics which could just be answered by 1 guy replying with : Use your initiative

When LFS was first being developed the forums had 20 members.

Personally, I wish LFS was the most popular simulator - it would very likely mean it had a good reason to be - and then just let people do with it as they please. I can't see that reducing the amount of enjoyment I get out of it as a sim/game/whatever and it would definitely mean more funds for the devs.
LFS is the popular Racing sim, as it's the only one!!!
Quote from Thorvertonian :LFS is the popular Racing sim, as it's the only one!!!

lfs isnt the only racing sim, but it has the best community my miles
will this car be faster or slower than fox?
Slower I imagine
Quote from tristancliffe :In the 'old days' the only people that played LFS were the people who wanted a proper simulation, and as such it generally attracted a certain type of client. Now it's much more popular, being amonst other simulations, and word of mouth is spreading it further. So now anyone who 'likes cars' wants to join in, with the obvious problems.

No it wasn´t. A friend recommended it to me and i tried it out. I had never played a racing simulator before in my life. At first i really sucked and had no idea how to chose a good racingline or breakpoints but i got addicted and by watching good racers and recieving better setups from people i got pretty good after a while. So it´s thanks to guys that don´t have the screw you n00b attitude that i found this game great and play it to this day.

Also i played with keyboard in the beginning because i didn´t have a wheel but after a couple of months i bought a wheel. However if i wouldn´t have been able to race with the keyboard i never would have stuck with the game so i think your attitude against people that race without wheel sucks.

It´s good that a bigger crowd find LFS. The ones that´s used to Need For Speed or games like that will either like LFS or not. If they don´t, theyll quit playing and then what´s the problem? If they like it we´ll have a new fellow racer. LFS can attract people that aren´t already interested in racing simulation to this genre.
Quote from danowat :Aslong as any option, be it hardcore, or taking new drivers by the hands, it NOT forced upon people, and it's able to be turned on and off by server admins, I really can't see any issues.

I would be more than happy with joining a "hardcore" server, where everthing that can be forced is, likewise, if I wanted too, I could race on a "new driver server" with all the helps enabled.

I really can't see why people get up the arse about hardcore options, aslong as they aren't forced on YOU by LFS (not server admins), then I don't know what all the bithcing and moaning is about.........

I hate it when people like you come on a perfectly good thread and start talking SENSE! Where's the fun in that?

Slower, which probably means it will be more noob friendly than even the fox- which is probably the easiest car to drive in the game.

I don't think we should worry about any of these potential beginner aids, or hardcore additions or restrictions- until they're in the game/sim. How many servers have you been on where forced cockpit view was enabled? Is it really the problem that all the forum frothing made it out to be? No. (?)

Similarly, we have no idea what kind of approach Scawen may take with the clutch/green racing line(?) until later. (as Kev says though, a green line displaying in normal race conditions wouldn't make any sense at all)

PS, why can't LFS be an accessible, hardcore sim?
Quote from Hondulu :No it wasn´t. A friend recommended it to me and i tried it out. I had never played a racing simulator before in my life. At first i really sucked and had no idea how to chose a good racingline or breakpoints but i got addicted and by watching good racers and recieving better setups from people i got pretty good after a while. So it´s thanks to guys that don´t have the screw you n00b attitude that i found this game great and play it to this day.

Also i played with keyboard in the beginning because i didn´t have a wheel but after a couple of months i bought a wheel. However if i wouldn´t have been able to race with the keyboard i never would have stuck with the game so i think your attitude against people that race without wheel sucks.

It´s good that a bigger crowd find LFS. The ones that´s used to Need For Speed or games like that will either like LFS or not. If they don´t, theyll quit playing and then what´s the problem? If they like it we´ll have a new fellow racer. LFS can attract people that aren´t already interested in racing simulation to this genre.

I also think a visible raceline could be a good help for starting racers. Maybe only offline, online with 32 cars a raceline is not realy usefull.
tristancliffe stop thinking like a child for gods sake :nol2:

Now I said it. Sorry if you feel bad about it but reading your posts I couldn't help thinking how can a person think that way. It's smell like selfishness and elitism.

You do understand the world we are living in and every one is different and not like you?
All the posts with the new translation lines should be deleted, they kind of kill the surprise and may also lead to false expectaions.
Why don't make more Street car?
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG