The online racing simulator
GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
Im doing badly with all the pros in division 42, both drivers crashed in the last race. Heck, why did the system draft me into league 42!!
Gawd, it takes ages for the research money to filter through.

Is there any way to speed it up? I already have a 5* research facility, but I'm not really getting very far here. Does it matter, how many areas you do research on? It probably does, I reckon, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone with more experience can answer that?

Thx,

Linsen
Quote from Linsen :...pretty pleased. I'm actually about to overtake the Kei Office team and move up one place in the LFS-club-rankings , too. So at least you've chosen a good time to let me down .

I refuse to let you defeat me. oh and yeah im the guy who baught Tristans 06a .
Quote from Ricerguy :I refuse to let you defeat me. oh and yeah im the guy who baught Tristans 06a .

Didn't help you much it seems. Muahahaha!

Quote from Linsen :Gawd, it takes ages for the research money to filter through.

Is there any way to speed it up? I already have a 5* research facility, but I'm not really getting very far here. Does it matter, how many areas you do research on? It probably does, I reckon, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone with more experience can answer that?

Thx,

Linsen

The less money you have in each category to process, the slower it goes...I try to keep mine over £1.5 million at least...that way will eat through about a mill every race. (and I only have a FOUR STAR facility!)
Quote from Bladerunner :The less money you have in each category to process, the slower it goes...I try to keep mine over £1.5 million at least...that way will eat through about a mill every race. (and I only have a FOUR STAR facility!)

Now that I didn't expect. Thx a lot for the info .

(Damn, I probably could have been developing a 110% engine three races ago, already ).
Im having lots of fun with midnitechallenge at the moment, its got a true-to-life tuning system and dyno's and stuff... you need skill level to own new cars but you just race other players and stuff (you have to buy fuel supplies for the 1/4 mile)
Quote from dez-2k7 :Im having lots of fun with midnitechallenge at the moment, its got a true-to-life tuning system and dyno's and stuff... you need skill level to own new cars but you just race other players and stuff (you have to buy fuel supplies for the 1/4 mile)

'ello 'ello 'ello.... Do I detect the faint aroma of Uncle Bens???
????
Uncle Ben's Ricer.

But it's all in good humour, dez, don't worry .
o yea course, call me that, i luuurve civics =D

EDIT - i quit with this game, u have to pay after a while lol, GP manager here i come.
Is there any information about the personnel stats and what kind of effect do they have on what? I mean, for a commercial manager how do the skill, experience and motivation make a difference? Do they improve over time and what makes it so? Are the stats related to the facility stats, like a 5-star commercial manager can only use 1 star of his abilities in a 1 star motor home?

Basically I'm asking this because I just "bought" one expensive individual and I'm thinking whether it was worth it because all my facilities are 1 star

I found out an equation of how the quality of motor home affects sponsor deals but all these stats are a bit of mystery when they are not explained anywhere - or I'm just being a nub?

One other thing is that I hear people taling about LFS club - can I get in?
Quote from Hyperactive :Is there any information about the personnel stats and what kind of effect do they have on what? I mean, for a commercial manager how do the skill, experience and motivation make a difference?

The stats do make a difference, but to which effect I don't know. The difference does not seem to be too big, though. For commercial, I can say that I've been hiring Ekrem Sami for the last few seasons and I only have 160 assistants, but it's plenty to keep the sponsors happy.

Quote from Hyperactive :Do they improve over time and what makes it so?

No, facility manager's stats are fixed, they don't change.

Quote from Hyperactive :Are the stats related to the facility stats, like a 5-star commercial manager can only use 1 star of his abilities in a 1 star motor home?

Not sure, but I don't think so.

Quote from Hyperactive :or I'm just being a nub?

No, you're not, it's basically try and error and it all comes with experience.

Quote from Hyperactive : One other thing is that I hear people taling about LFS club - can I get in?

Go to the communication menu and the last in the drop down menu is club. I don't remember exactly, but I think you have to click on the LFS club and then you can request to join.
Linsen...you stinker, Im on a free account and almost keeping up with you...for now.

-.-'
Quote from Ricerguy :Linsen...you stinker, Im on a free account and almost keeping up with you...for now.

-.-'

Cheapskate!

And since you're trying to make excuses: I really don't have anything you couldn't have. All of my facilities are operating at 100%, except for two which are at 110%. I'm just contributing out of pure philanthropy.

I got one cheap engine for sale, grab it while it's hot
Quote from herki :I got one cheap engine for sale, grab it while it's hot

Ditto - but i've got two!
To All GPMP players

I have created a spreadsheet that will calculate the best number of pit stops to use during a race (I think!!)

Some of you may use the one located at http://teop.org/stopcalc.php, however, mine takes into account the time taken for you pit stop, which the other doesn't. It's only a rough guide, but I think that you may find it helpful!

You just input the values of laps, fuel cost per lap and your average pit stop time (take from previous races if you like), then pick the 'time lost' row that has the lesser value in it. It's fairly self-explanatory once you open it. If you have any issues/improvements, then PM me in GMPM (my team is Team England - Powered by IRT, or find me in the LFS Club), on the Forums here or in this thread!

It is free for use by LFS players!!

J@tko
Attached files
GPMP Pitting Calculator.zip - 2.3 KB - 276 views
Hmm handy little tool, will try it out. One thing I have always wondered is whether pit lane length varies between tracks (as in real life)? It doesn't look like it does as the times seem to be nearly the same every race...

still, handy tool

thanks

mad
Quote from Madman_CZ :Hmm handy little tool, will try it out. One thing I have always wondered is whether pit lane length varies between tracks (as in real life)? It doesn't look like it does as the times seem to be nearly the same every race...

still, handy tool

thanks

mad

You're welcome! I didn't think about length of pit lane! I've just done a little research (looking at my race reports!) and it seems that all pit stops cost you the same amount of time whatever the circuit .(except, for me, Spa, which gives me 10 second faster pit stops, even though in real life, it is no shorter than most of the others!)
nice job J@tko im gonna compare them side by side next race .

@ Linsen the stinker :P - wrong tyres last race?, I expected better HAHA
One more race and I'll be put in new division . A bit scared as I have basically chuck-norrissed my opposition on this season and I bet it will get a lot tougher on the next season. And I don't even have a decent chassis yet. Would have money for a 500k one but no idea really... even if it is worth it. Going to secure my second big sponsor in few races and then I'll be making over 2 mil per race *evil laughter*

Btw. do you get extra cash for winning the drivers' or constructor's championships? Few b...million...?
I think I might just be looking at my most successful season EVER...
My #1 driver is already out of reach..my #2 and #3 will get 2nd and 3rd if they get another 1/2..and the team is already over 60 points in front of the team in 2nd place, so assured team champs as well...
Got a feeling that next season wont be so easy, now I am in the 'single-figure' leagues

PS..Like Ricerguy, I am going to try out both calculators side by side..1 driver using j@tko's spreadsheet, and the other using the online calculator.
I must admit that the pitstops went a long way to my winning..I was by no means the fastest car on the track in race..usually about 5th or even 6th fastest
Well, I'm definitely in my most successful season ever. 162 points in nine races and 96 pts ahead of second place in constructors championship is pretty good I'd say. If Carel Godin de Beaufort wins tonight (he qualified a tad faster than James Anthony Murphy), I'll have both my drivers tied for 1st in drivers championship.

I really want that perfect season, so I'm hoping everything goes as planned tonight.

GP Manager Pro
(587 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG