The online racing simulator
i think i got it now but wich ip i need to pick 1 the 2 or third i got the first now im trying to connect
Is there any way to run a server and lapper as services on windows server 2003, without any 3rd app software? well... i have Windows Resource Kit, but i can't get the config file to load up, it runs only the LFS.exe when i run the service.
No, the program needs to be changed to run it as a service.

The alternatives are to run it under a wrapper, like firedaemon, or do some crazy scheduled task and batch file fu.
Guys i want to setup a server with cops & robbers in it like the [TC] City Driving server (if aloud to be) for us here in Australia cause most of the servers are over sea's and we getting high ping and getting booted alot

i dont know what u call these (i think something to do with insim ???) but this is what i want in my server

: the cops siren & caution signals
: the money thing that when u drive at 60mph u get +5 money
: when u speed in pit lane u get fined
: get fined when u press esc to get back to the pits without driving back to the pits
: have to pay when getting fixed or refueled at the pits
:and the licence thing where u have to buy a licence to get a car
: the rent thing where u can rent the good fast cars
: the police speedtrap thing

i think theres more i want but carnt remember what thay were

also i dont know if im aloud to use these cause ive only seen them on 1 server but have seen other like them on other servers

so a little help on getting the insim programing would be much appreseated

ok guys hope u all understand what i mean & sry for been such a noob at this

Cheers... MCR_Acer.....
You need a custom written InSim addon to do the things you've described. I've no idea if there are any capable of doing what you want already out of the box, however.

I recommend that you talk directly to the [TC] guys, since you're on about making a new branch of their franchise, and they clearly already have acheived what you want.
thanks for that info

Cheers... MCR_Acer...
need help i wana host my server bu when i click lunch give me error
could not connect on master server i dont have ruter i dont have firewall what is wrong if i do master server no my server is start
Check out this thread to start with; http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=29454. Also make sure that you are using an up to date version of LFS (0.5X10 is the correct version to be using). If you are unsure, redownload the server software.
ok it is working i havent got update 0.5X10 ty for help
btw hov can i make colored name of server ?
H E L P :- i have my LFS DEDI server up and running,wireless router port forwading ect right. when i try to connect in lfs in start own game, TCP:bind failed appears but i can join my server via join specific game as admin and play so has got me furked,mind you i'm amazed i got this far
hi all
fixed my problem but now got a new one he says that my server is online and then i go on an other pc and i can't see my server?
This is strangely embarrassing...I have been running two dedicated servers for years now, with no problems at all.
I recently had to get a new router (a DG834PN instead of a DG834) because of wireless requirements, and configured the ports/firewall accordingly.
The problem is that now my servers appear on the list at LFSW, they appear on the MP list for everybody OUTSIDE my LAN, and nobody except me has any problem joining them.
I CAN get in via LAN, but not through standard internet connection...and Join2LFS just returns Client Connect: connect failed all the time.
I tried a loopback test, and that returns no problems either.
Any ideas please?
It's most likely caused by the firmware behaving differently. I'd guess that the port forwarding rules no longer listen on all interfaces, only external ones. Quite frankly, it's not really a problem though, is it?
pls hep
I make dedicatet server.Everything work great, but admin password doesn´t seem to work, I put it instead of normal password when i connect to the server, but I don´t have rights..
config is

// host name
/host=Bulgaria
// optional: password
//pass=password
// optional: admin password
//admin=xxxx
// optional: InSim port
//insim=29999
// optional: local specified ip address
//ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
// a high number below 65536
/port=63392
// demo/s1/s2
/mode=demo
// no/yes/hidden
/usemaster=yes
// BL1/BL1R/BL2, SO1/SO1R/SO2, etc
/track=BL1
// weather
/weather=1
// cars allowed - see README.txt
/cars=XFG+XRT
// max guests that can join host
/maxguests=5
// slots reserved for admins (0 to 8)
/adminslots=1
// max cars in a race
/carsmax=5
// max cars (real+ai) on host pc
/carshost=1
// max cars (real+ai) per guest pc
/carsguest=1
// smoothness (3-6) number of car updates per second
/pps=4
// qualifying minutes, 0 for no qualifying
/qual=0
// number of laps, 0 for practice
/laps=2
// if laps not specified: hours
//hours=24
// 0=no/1=low/2=high
/wind=0
// nogfx/invisible
/dedicated=nogfx
// no/yes: can guests vote to kick or ban
/vote=yes
// no/yes: can guests select track
/select=no
// no/yes/ban/spectate: wrong way drivers
/autokick=no
// no restart within X seconds of race start
/rstmin=40
// no restart within X seconds of race finish
/rstend=20
// no/yes: allow join during race
/midrace=yes
// no/yes: pit stop required
/mustpit=no
// no/yes: allow car reset
/canreset=no
// no/yes: force cockpit view
/fcv=no
// fixed/finish/reverse/random: race start order
/start=reverse
// optional: welcome message up to 200 chars
//welcome=X.txt
// optional: text file listing allowed tracks
//tracks=tracks.txt
// optional: message log file
//log=deb.log
// MPR autosave (0=off / 1=manual / 2=auto)
/autosave=0
// optional: MPR folder
//mprdir=mpr
Your /admin directive is commented out.

If there are two /'s at the start of the line, then the setting is not read by LFS.
thanks
I put one / and i think i have admin rights.I can only kick,ban or spectate players.Is this all i can do when i have admin rights. And my another questins is how to make lfs lapper version 4.0 to run on dedicated server?
Yes, that's about all you can do.

You need to enable insim in the config file, by setting it to /insim=29999, then start or restart the server, and then setup LFSLapper to connect to localhost, port 29999, and using the admin password you set previously. There should be more details in the LFSLapper readme file.
thank you
I can not find readme file for lfs lapper.I look in LFSLapper.cfg but i can not find how to setup lfs lapper to connect to localhost.
I've been trying to run a server for around a month now.
I think i got a bit closer earlier, but my friends still cant connect.
I've forwarded both TCP and UDP ports, but still no luck.
on the dedicated box it says "New guest timed out".
I turned windows firewall off, and unblocked the firewall ports on my router.

If you need anymore info, just ask.

EDIT: its an orange livebox
#372 - sun
Running a lfs server with money on it
#374 - sun
insim
Thanks!

but how do i get the insim ?
#375 - sun
RE; inSim
HI there !

I dont go to uni i go to primary going to high school in 1 year so i probebley when i go to uni or collage i will learn how to make servers and inSims. A friend of mine who he posted on the LFS forum said that he will point me in the right direction by making a cash server. I will try really hard to understand and learn from him. All thanks !

Owen s2 licenced.

Guide: Running an LFS Server
(666 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG